Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: WTF?  (Read 2966 times)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Re: WTF?
« Reply #15 on: 24 August 2017, 08:22:57 »

So, what did the Grauniad imagine sausages are made of, then? ::)

Farmer happy, fire brigade happy. Pigs got what was coming to then anyway, instead of being burned alive. Grauniad readers incensed. Meh. ;D
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 24 August 2017, 16:44:20 »

Actually fuŁking crackers!

What p1sses me off is that there are genuinely some aspects of "being pc" that I agree with ie. not being racist, sexist, bigoted etc. But people don't seem to have any internal grading system, they seem to get equally offended by (say) a pack of sausages as they do about someone being beaten to death because they're the "wrong colour".

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 24 August 2017, 16:52:30 »

What's the betting that the fire brigade lads were offended by the Linda McCartney sausages they were sent? I know damned well that I would! ;D
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 24 August 2017, 17:15:39 »

Yup, PETA had better hope their offices have a good sprinkler system  ;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 24 August 2017, 18:20:57 »

What p1sses me off is that there are genuinely some aspects of "being pc" that I agree with ie. not being racist, sexist, bigoted etc. But people don't seem to have any internal grading system, they seem to get equally offended by (say) a pack of sausages as they do about someone being beaten to death because they're the "wrong colour".

These are the bits I like best. :)

.......especially the sexist part.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 24 August 2017, 18:35:21 »

For somebody of my generation I don't think I'm 'overly racist'.

Properly sexist though. :y

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 24 August 2017, 19:19:20 »

It isn't illegal (yet!) to hold opinions at variance with the PC brigade.
However, do take note of Orwell's message in 1984.....

Ron.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 24 August 2017, 19:54:06 »

It isn't illegal (yet!) to hold opinions at variance with the PC brigade.
However, do take note of Orwell's message in 1984.....

Ron.

The younger generation tend to be far more ' on message' than us old farts.

As for generation snowflake...... and feminists :-\

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 24 August 2017, 22:39:36 »

You mean that they have been indoctrinated into NewSpeak by the Thought Police, yes?
What's "generation snowflake"? I think I know what a feminist is - it's a bloke who has had his nuts chopped off, right?  :y ???

Ron.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 25 August 2017, 00:53:55 »

The Western world is in the grip of a strange type of left wing Facism imo.
Another example of the madness came to my notice this morning. Someone tweeted that girls who had been abused by Muslum / Pakistani men should shut up for the sake of diversity.
This was liked and retweeted by Naz Shah, female, Labour Corbynista MP. For Bradford west. She also led the campaign against her fellow Labour MP Sarah Champion for telling the truth about the grooming scandal, and appears to have seriously damaged Ms Champions career as a result.
She has also been suspended (briefly) by Labour in the past for anti semitic posts, including comparing Israeli policies to Hitler and stating that Israel should be uprooted and sent to America.
To me, this all adds up to a kind of Fascism, for the same reasons the tearing down of historic statues does.
Slowly but surely, they are becoming our masters, thought police, and speech arbiters, and we mustn't dare disagree with their agenda in any way or there will be retribution.

The unacceptable hard-left are much more embedded in society than the unacceptable hard-right. Both are repugnant and are to be reviled.

The statues issue I can understand when it involves unacceptable behaviour such as mass murder and slavery or both. Ukraine since 2014 have been through this where Putin has murdered at least 10,060 Ukrainians since then and there is also the 1919-1991 USSR occupation where ~10m including 3-5m in the 1932-33 Holodomor were murdered. They have since 2016 gone through a complete de-Sovietization of society. All Lenin statues have been removed (apart from in the Russian invaded and occupied parts, where Putin has added some Stalin statues) and Soviet/Russian place names from cities to roads renamed. Where most cities used Russian as their first language (most Ukrainians speak both), people are proudly using Ukrainian in place of Russian. I can understand the removal of all Nazi statues and symbols from Germany after WWII and coloured people in the US being offended by the support of Southern civil war symbols, after all they lost and it is only through white supremacy that they have survived. Reading about the black farmers land being stolen and lack of civil rights after the civil war and well into the 20th century is certainly not in my view something to be symbolized and celebrated.

Unfortunately, there are always the hard-left bigots stirring, hence the Guardian article on Nelson, but they are totally two faced as the most unacceptable statue in the UK is the new one in Manchester for Lenin's murder supporting sidekick. >:( >:( >:(
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 25 August 2017, 01:30:04 »

I don't think that not being a bigot, racist or sexist has anything to do with political correctness, that's just being a decent human being! :y

Political correctness to me is all this bollix about trivial things causing offence, when often it dosn't.  Things like councils calling Christmas Winterval or something because they are worried that other religions might be offended.  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 25 August 2017, 09:28:12 »

Quotation from the Urban Dictionary:-

[Bigotry is an accusation, which is often used by liberal and marxist types to condemn those people who are not of the same "tolerant" or "open minded" attitude as themselves.
By using this term they create what I call an infinite loop of intolerance.

If someone is accused of bigotry then the accusing party must also be intolerant of the accused persons intolerance; therefore, it is self evident that the term bigot in a sense, can not actually exist in a free society or open debate because of it's self-destructive, self-imploding and hypocritical nature.

We must put an end to bigotry by criminalizing any dissenting point of view.
Real life application of this "anti-bigotry" includes hate laws, which are no more than Orwellian type "thought crimes".]

Should those who apply those hate laws themselves be prosecuted? Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?  ???

Ron.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 25 August 2017, 09:42:04 »

Political correctness to me is all this bollix about trivial things causing offence, when often it dosn't.  Things like councils calling Christmas Winterval or something because they are worried that other religions might be offended.  ::)

Yep, it's crossing the line from being tolerant and open to dismantling your own culture to appease what you perceive to be the requirements of others. If I go to a predominantly muslim country it doesn't offend me that they celebrate ramadan, so why on earth do we perceive that they might have a problem with us celebrating Christmas? It makes no sense. ::)

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 25 August 2017, 10:07:42 »

The other thing to be aware of in all of this is that our media, both left and right, do love a good spin to make their political point. Taking "Winterval" as an example, according to the man who coined the term for Birmingham City Councils promotional department, it was never meant to erase Christmas to avoid "causing offence". That was just a line spun by the revolting likes of the Mail and the Express to further their own agendas (my words not his).

http://www.birminghampost.co.uk/news/local-news/ten-years-winterval-row-3953028

Its a bit like the EU and their fictitious ruling on straight bananas, repeat the lie often enough and it will become true.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 25 August 2017, 12:15:29 »

You mean that they have been indoctrinated into NewSpeak by the Thought Police, yes?
What's "generation snowflake"? I think I know what a feminist is - it's a bloke who has had his nuts chopped off, right?  :y ???

Ron.

Young adults aged 18-25 who tend to be offended by everything......however trivial. 'Generation snowflake' lack emotional resilience.

I call them 'Kidults'
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 18 queries.