Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: omega B caravan differential help needed  (Read 4771 times)

Jayray

• Bulgaria
    • Omega
    • View Profile
omega B caravan differential help needed
« on: 23 August 2017, 09:21:32 »

urgent help wanted please.  I have a omega b 2000 year caravan/estate 2.0 litre DTI and the differential has gone.  I believe the ratio of the differential is 37/10.   We are in bulgaria and we have looked all over for a replacement differential for our 2.0 litre DTI but cannot find one anywhere.  Can anyone tell me which other differentials from other models will be compatible.   I believe the saloon model won't fit the estate but if someone can clarify this as well would be a great help.  thank you

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Re: omega B caravan differential help needed
« Reply #1 on: 23 August 2017, 09:39:11 »

This http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=90453.0

and This http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=90497.0

might be useful, although that reflects later models sold into the UK market.

I believe the diff is the same between saloon and estate models, however, so that should widen your search a little. Manual 3.0 V6 cars had the 3.7 diff ratio, but I would imagine yours is likely to be the 3.45 which was exclusive to the diesel cars.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

terry paget

• Omega Baron
  • Midsomer Norton Somerset
    • 3 Astras 2 Vectra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23 August 2017, 12:46:36 »

I believe any differential off an Omega will fit any other Omega. I have just replaced the noisy diff on my 2.5 manual petrol estate with one I saved from a 3.0 manual petrol saloon. It may be a different final drive ratio, but that's no so important as the speedo etc. all get their information from the ABS sensors.

If I am wrong someone will soon say so!

Jayray

• Bulgaria
    • Omega
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 23 August 2017, 13:11:38 »

Thanks the more help I get the better   

terry paget

• Omega Baron
    • 3 Astras 2 Vectra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 23 August 2017, 14:36:42 »

One more thought. I see in my records that the differential on this estate was earlier changed in July 2012, and I think the vendor told me that diff came off a diesel Omega. This supports my belief that any Omega differential will fit any other Omaga.

terry paget

• Omega Baron
    • 3 Astras 2 Vectra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 23 August 2017, 16:09:10 »

There are several Omega differentials on UK e-bay, here is today's cheapest. I expect you can find one nearer home on your e-bay. Good Luck!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VAUXHALL-OPEL-OMEGA-V6-REAR-AXLE-DIFF-DIFFERENTIAL-/380311283985?hash=item588c51a911:m:mVCI7vZ7M-7-DmVmHeXM5eA

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 23 August 2017, 16:43:01 »

They are physically all the same size but, the internals are obviously different to create the various ratios.

Jayray

• Bulgaria
    • Omega
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 23 August 2017, 21:42:57 »

Thanks for everyone's help . Does any know the ratio of my 2.0 DTI 2000 year on a chart on the internet it says it a 37.10 ratio differential ??  and also which replacement would be ok .I've seen the 2.2 DTI 2000 to 03 and I believe is the same ratio but please tell me if I'm wrong on this , and by the sound of it it should be the same shape and mounting points ???? and also as mentioned before the x30xe & y32se which I think are a 3.0 litre 211 hp & a 2.6 132 hp I think these are the same ratio as well 37.10 , which I don't understand but I am totally new at this.so I am still confused quite a bit as you may tell . Thank you for all your help and advice but please keep it coming it's really appreciate

terry paget

• Omega Baron
    • 3 Astras 2 Vectra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 23 August 2017, 22:23:51 »

I have 6 Omegas, average age 17 years. I bought one last year for £190, that's all they are worth. Last month my son Jonny brought his 2.5 estate home, it had a noisy differential. I swopped it for a spare I had lying around, taken for a 3.0 saloon. Car now drives perfectly and quietly. I did not care whether the final drive ratio was the same, it probably was not. If not it simply changed the points where I change gear. The speedometer will still read correctly, that information comes from the ABS sensors.
My advice is to change your failed differential for a good used diff from any other Omega. The earlier diff change on my car cost the previous owner £95 plus VAT. I did the recent diff change myself, not that big a job.

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 23 August 2017, 22:28:32 »

We never got the 2.0 Dti (or the 2.5 24v Dti) in the UK, we only ever had the 2.5TD (BMW Straight 6) which was then superseded with the 2.2 Dti, both those models in the UK had 3.45 Diffs with gearbox ratios to suit the Diff, so I would imaging yours will also be 3.45.

As you say the 3.0 and 3.2 Manuals had 3.7 Diff (3.9 for the Autos which are more common second hand) so I cant see a 2.0 dti being fitted a 3.7 thr Power, Torque, Engine Revs wouldn't suit it.

If yours is a 3.45 and you decide to fit a 3.7 or higher  it will over rev and probably drive you mad on the Moterways when in top gear.
« Last Edit: 23 August 2017, 22:35:26 by zirk »

Jayray

• Bulgaria
    • Omega
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 24 August 2017, 07:13:42 »

Thanks for your messages .  My 2.0 DTI is very sluggish going up hills ect and when pulling out to overtake  and just seems under powered so if is a 3.45 ratio and I put in a 37.10  this would give it a bit more poke ??

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 24 August 2017, 09:35:28 »

Thanks for your messages .  My 2.0 DTI is very sluggish going up hills ect and when pulling out to overtake  and just seems under powered so if is a 3.45 ratio and I put in a 37.10  this would give it a bit more poke ??

Yes, that might be worth a try. Check the link I posted above to calculate the revs in each gear at various speeds to see if it'll be acceptable.

Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 24 August 2017, 11:46:55 »

Is the inlet manifold clean and clear?

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 24 August 2017, 11:48:12 »

We never got the 2.0 Dti (or the 2.5 24v Dti) in the UK, we only ever had the 2.5TD (BMW Straight 6) which was then superseded with the 2.2 Dti, both those models in the UK had 3.45 Diffs with gearbox ratios to suit the Diff, so I would imaging yours will also be 3.45.

I seem to recall we did actually, prior to the 2.2 coming out (but only for a short period and few sold), there was one on here.

Jayray

• Bulgaria
    • Omega
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 24 August 2017, 14:43:45 »

Will clean intake out when I have the car on the road again , I did this to my transit around six years ago , as I was using it to bring my stuff over here to Bulgaria and it made a big difference , I've Sean on the internet about taking the turbo off and giving that a good clean will this do much ?.

And thanks for the charts but a little bit to advanced for me at the moment, and my car is off the road untill I fit a differential .

Thanks again everybody
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 18 queries.