Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Neymar, Rooney, Bale etc  (Read 3791 times)

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Neymar, Rooney, Bale etc
« Reply #15 on: 31 August 2017, 23:43:17 »

So some nancy boy gets paid £1M a week for kicking a ball around on a piece of grass. :-\

The PM earns around £150,000 each year.

It's a totally fu*cked up world.

Exactly my point. Bonkers. A highly trained NHS consultant earns around £95k - £150k PA excluding private practice.[/highl

So it takes a skilled consultant roughly 5-7 years to earn the same as a little lad kicking a ball about earns in a week. :(

If I show a printed piece of plastic/paper with I promise to pay and a nominal £££'s value does it over all other printed pieces of plastic/paper suddenly have morals? No, it is our societies, amazingly flexible and useful (if you don't believe me try using the alternative of bartering), standard method of exchange for charging or consuming goods or services called money.

If I offer to sell totally legal goods, services or rent out my time and skills or consume other people's offered goods, services or rent their time or skills in what is called a market place has the market morals? No.

If lots of people are prepared to pay for my skills so I make lots of money have the transactions morals? No.

Therefore applying morality to all of the above is a totally bogus argument and some people use their brains to subjectively apply morals, as they feel fit, to the above. (btw it is normally lefties to make themselves feel smug and superior to the rest of us :( ).

So why does a very top footballer get paid much more than a doctor or nurse?

1. Supply and demand there are many more doctors and nurses than top, top footballers. The Premier League consists of 20 football clubs with a team having a maximum of 23 registered players. So the core of a multibillion industry has 460 top, top players.

2. Why does a small industry make billions, because like all hobbies and entertainment industries we are prepared to spend disproportionate amounts of money on enjoying them. Most people have about 60 hours of leisure time per week and (apart from Tunnie who likes watching 5l tins of white paint, when he is not in the local student bar telling all and sundry how exciting the speed and acceleration are as you do 2000 miles on a thimble of derv  :P :P :P ) want their sensory perception to be stimulated in exciting ways. Now I'm sure Lord Opti, spends hours thinking about, planning and deciding how can I spend Saturday afternoon. Now shall I plan to watch some entertainment I love or shall I plan to have a really bad accident and love even more consuming those doctor's or nurses services as they painfully put me back together again? I can't wait to get those tickets for my entertainment of choice or I can't wait for all that blood, gore, pain and disability as the doctors and nurses put me back together again from that bad accident. Most normal people will go out of their way to be entertained and also go out our way to avoid the skills and services of doctors and nurses which most of us do successfully avoid most of the time.

3. What we earn all comes down to supply and demand in free markets, simples. :y :y :y

I imagine there are far fewer 'cutting edge' neurosurgeons than premier league footballers. So your supply and demand theory is overly simplistic. :)

Such people are hard working professionals with a high I.Q. Compare this with the average footballer, who has the intellectual capacity of a retarded goat. :)

Wrong, we don't need a nation of brain surgeons but a large group of people with a diverse range of exceptional talents. :y :y :y
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 01 September 2017, 00:03:53 »

The money earned by "entertainers", whether in sport, music, films etc. is pretty obscene and very difficult to justify, although its us the general populace who actually enable it via our SKY / BT subs and the like.
We enable it because its a kind of new religion which takes our minds of the daily grind, lifes troubles etc.
Its a rotten system which allows it to happen, but the alternative is for the state to place upper (as well as lower) limits on how much money people can earn, and that has been shown time and time again, to be much worse.
There is no easy answer to it, unless we all wise up and stop forking out to enable it.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 01 September 2017, 05:28:17 »

The money earned by "entertainers", whether in sport, music, films etc. is pretty obscene and very difficult to justify, although its us the general populace who actually enable it via our SKY / BT subs and the like.
We enable it because its a kind of new religion which takes our minds of the daily grind, lifes troubles etc.
Its a rotten system which allows it to happen, but the alternative is for the state to place upper (as well as lower) limits on how much money people can earn, and that has been shown time and time again, to be much worse.
There is no easy answer to it, unless we all wise up and stop forking out to enable it.

It is very easy to look at the exceptional headline figures that the press always quote. As soon as you drop from the top point of the very steep sided pyramid the amounts earnt drop rapidly. I know several people as former international musicians that have done okay but once it has dried up, which has included at their peak such delights as living out of a suitcase for months on tour (but their hedonistic lifestyle would have made Lord Opti jealous) they then had to pay the daily bills with regular incomes coming in.
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 01 September 2017, 06:31:36 »

That is also true. If you make it to the top of the mountain the rewards are huge. if you get half way up and then slide back down, it can result in years of hard work for absolutely nothing, and this is often down to nothing more than bad luck, or a bad manager, and no reflection on level of talent.
I knew a keyboards player in the 70,s who was superb. Would give Rick Wakeman something to worry about. His band made three albums, while the manager paid the band £20 a week. He left the band and had to sign on, as he was penniless and had a wife and three kids to support.
On the other hand, my kids went to school with Steve Harleys kids, and although he isn't a squillionare, the royalties from Come up and see me, along with is other hits, will keep him comfortable for the rest of his days.
This high risk scenario, along with the drugs is probably why my parents strongly discouraged me from trying for a career in rock music and steered me towards the steady 9 to 5 type of job.
I still deeply regret taking any notice of them. I could hardly have ended up worse off than I am now.  ::) ;D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 01 September 2017, 11:44:53 »

Well, I certainly wouldn't pay for Sky......or pay an arm and a leg to watch 22 foreign players kick a ball around on 'English grass' 

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 01 September 2017, 12:21:07 »

Well, I certainly wouldn't pay for Sky......or pay an arm and a leg to watch 22 foreign players kick a ball around on 'English grass'

I am often shocked by how much people cough up per month for various subscriptions, phone, internet, sky or whatever, and then various specialized channels. And, I don't mean wealthy people, often on benefits  ??? spending £50 or even £100 per month. It's only entertainment, it's not actually important.

“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 01 September 2017, 12:29:39 »

Apparently Rooney was arrested on suspicion of drink driving last night.  ::)

Now what was Lord Opti saying about footballers intellect?  ???  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

STEMO

« Reply #22 on: 01 September 2017, 12:34:30 »

I am often shocked by how much people cough up per month for various subscriptions, phone, internet, sky or whatever, and then various specialized channels. And, I don't mean wealthy people, often on benefits  ??? spending £50 or even £100 per month. It's only entertainment, it's not actually important.
I think it is important and, given the choice between one night out or a month of sky, I would choose sky.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 01 September 2017, 12:54:17 »

I thought that was a little unfair towards retarded goats, personally.  :-\

Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 01 September 2017, 13:36:53 »

Mr Rods uses the 'supply and demand' mantra in order to justify the obscene amount of money premier league players are paid.

Take away football and the world would still revolve as people find another way to spend ninety minutes each week. In the great scheme of things footballers contribute nothing to society. It is unimportant.

Take away all the farmers and see what happens.

Take away all the doctors, nurses, and hospitals and see what happens.

Take away all the teachers and see what happens.

Take away all the architects and engineers and see what happens.

Overpaid nancy boy footballers are like Joey Essex. He may 'entertain' some people but if he simply vanished the world would go on exactly as before. :)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 01 September 2017, 13:39:28 »

I thought that was a little unfair towards retarded goats, personally:-\

Yes....I'm sure if a retarded goat was paid £300,000 a week it would score more goals than Rooney. ;)

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 01 September 2017, 19:24:06 »

Mr Rods uses the 'supply and demand' mantra in order to justify the obscene amount of money premier league players are paid.

Take away football and the world would still revolve as people find another way to spend ninety minutes each week. In the great scheme of things footballers contribute nothing to society. It is unimportant.

Overpaid nancy boy footballers are like Joey Essex. He may 'entertain' some people but if he simply vanished the world would go on exactly as before. :)

That argument could be used to justify banning all leisure time activities and with no leisure pursuits then you might as well stop people kicking their heels by making them work 16 hours a day 7 days a week, just make sure that a significant amount of extra wealth created is spent on mental health facilities, hospitals and undertakers as these industries will expand significantly. :o :o :o

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 01 September 2017, 21:14:14 »

That argument could be used to justify banning all leisure time activities and with no leisure pursuits then you might as well stop people kicking their heels by making them work 16 hours a day 7 days a week, just make sure that a significant amount of extra wealth created is spent on mental health facilities, hospitals and undertakers as these industries will expand significantly. :o :o :o

Did I say ban? I don't think so. ;)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 01 September 2017, 21:15:54 »

There are very few things I would ban.

Is it possible to ban gobby feminists? :)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 02 September 2017, 16:07:25 »

Yep, back to good old Victorian values, with all new work houses and lunatic asylums! ::) ::) ::) ::)
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 18 queries.