Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: haveibeenpwmed.com  (Read 5120 times)

STEMO

Re: haveibeenpwmed.com
« Reply #30 on: 01 September 2017, 13:22:44 »

Depends on the App as some are built well whereas others are absolute dog toffee.  Plus sometimes the teams they hire to pentest the app are not very good but as long as they get their tick in the box to say it has passed testing.....
Yes....but, then again, it's always been a balance between trust and paranoia.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 04 September 2017, 09:43:45 »

Depends on the App as some are built well whereas others are absolute dog toffee.  Plus sometimes the teams they hire to pentest the app are not very good but as long as they get their tick in the box to say it has passed testing.....
Yes....but, then again, it's always been a balance between trust and paranoia.

Indeed. Whilst I roughly know where I stand with https site on a mainstream web browser, all bets are off with an "app" knocked up in a sweatshop somewhere so if it won't work with a web browser, I'm out.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

frostbite

• Roanapur City aka Skem
    • 00' e46 325i se
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 04 September 2017, 15:39:40 »

May be unrelated but would  it have been possible for the android system to have shared info?

If I install an app on my s6 it will ask to share some info before I can use the app, if you click no it will eitjer not work and ask you again or it will have limited functionality
e46 325i se - 1.8vvti avensis liftback

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 04 September 2017, 17:45:44 »

Google store is known to be riddled with Malware, due to the (even now) lax attitude of Google towards security.

And you wonder why I refuse to use Chrome on any device ;).  Yet I wonder how many insist on running it on Windows with full Admin rights (and UAC disabled, for those who's ego far outweighs their capability).
Grumpy old man

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 04 September 2017, 18:58:11 »

May be unrelated but would  it have been possible for the android system to have shared info?

If I install an app on my s6 it will ask to share some info before I can use the app, if you click no it will eitjer not work and ask you again or it will have limited functionality
You can probably sideload the APK on Rooted / Developer Android, will probably work, most Apps opt for Google Services to be installed and running thats mostly where the Privacy issue comes in, personally I dont use Google Services for one of them reasons.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 18 queries.