Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Letter from the council  (Read 3508 times)

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
Letter from the council
« on: 31 August 2017, 17:18:33 »

So it seems I have upset a neighbour, I have a good idea which c$%t it is.

I received a letter saying that I was in breach of the planning restrictions on my dwelling by storing a boat on the drive.  I double-checked the paperwork and they are right, I should not have a boat stored on the drive....

Except, it has been there a couple of days at a time while I perform maintenance on it.  It is normally stored at a sailing club in Pompy.  I class that not as storing it, but as parking it temporarily.  I have explained this in writing to the council who will go away and make a judgement.

Has anyone else come across this?  Will I find myself in the stockade, pelted with rotten veg and fruit?

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
Re: Letter from the council
« Reply #1 on: 31 August 2017, 17:23:12 »

Never heard of this, was boat storage a named restriction eg. No vans, caravans, trucks or boats? Or have they used some catch all term?

Also, did they see it through inspection or did someone report it? If reported to them I would have told the council the neighbour must have been mistaken ;)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 31 August 2017, 17:26:51 »

We aren't allowed to keep caravans/mobile homes or chickens or fences at the front (trees/hedges are fine ::))... neither may we hang washing at the front of the property or run a business from the property. :o

No mention of project cars or boats/trailers/containers/portacabins though :D

Wait until he finds out you have a brewery and a company there :P
Onanists always think outside the box.

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 31 August 2017, 17:30:25 »

Ah the brewery is currently inoperational and the company is registered in at an address in Mayfair, darling  8)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 31 August 2017, 17:32:47 »

Ah the brewery is currently inoperational and the company is registered in at an address in Mayfair, darling  8)
That made I chuckle :y

Anything about having a 20-25' container on the drive?

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 31 August 2017, 17:34:30 »

Never heard of this, was boat storage a named restriction eg. No vans, caravans, trucks or boats? Or have they used some catch all term?

Also, did they see it through inspection or did someone report it? If reported to them I would have told the council the neighbour must have been mistaken ;)

Yes it was a restriction on the original planning permission given by the council.  "These spaces shall be kept available for parking at all times and shall not be used for the storage of caravans, boats or trailers."  A certain neighbour was successful once in thwarting the PP for the houses where I live so I suspect it was him as who else would be so knowledgeable of the planning constraints?  Funny thing is, he took down his fence which means his garden now butts on to my fence.  I shall have to make a cursory check that he has attached nothing to it without my permission.  He may also be a little peeved when I take down the wooden on to replace with a breeze block wall eventually ;D

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 31 August 2017, 17:35:48 »

That would appear to fall foul of the constraint.  I wonder where I would stand with a skip?  The neighbour had one for quite a while (certainly more than a coupe of days a week for a month) but nothing was said about that.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 31 August 2017, 17:37:53 »

That would appear to fall foul of the constraint.  I wonder where I would stand with a skip?  The neighbour had one for quite a while (certainly more than a coupe of days a week for a month) but nothing was said about that.
That would involve proving you weren't using it as a garage for your car :-\

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 31 August 2017, 17:40:32 »

I am so damned grateful that I do not have neighbours in close proximity. The end of our biggish garden has a fence boundary with theirs, but that's it. AND . . . . I play drums in the garage.  ::)
“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 31 August 2017, 17:43:15 »

The work on the boat is nearly done so I am not bothered and if the council wishes to fight me on this I will contest.  I understand official wording quite well as I often have to write policy statements.  The word storage suggests a long-term or semi-permanent base from which the boat is used which is not the case.  It was parked on my drive for a couple of days at a time while I worked on it.

As for the neighbour, game on ;D ;D

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 31 August 2017, 17:58:44 »

The root of the problem is that most of the people who become councillors are the type of people who want to tell everyone else what to do, and want to stop everyone from doing anything at all, unless the councillors have given them written permission to do it.
Mostly d1ckheads who were bullied at school and want to restore their sense of self worth by making peoples lives a misery.
The desire to be a councillor should warrant being shot in front of your family.
In short. I don't like them, and would like TB to add them all to his cull list.  ;D

And neighbours, they should all be culled too. Fackin idiots the lot of them.  ;D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 31 August 2017, 17:59:57 »

That's the most sensible reply to any of my recent comments yet.  Well done to you Sir! ;D ;D

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 31 August 2017, 18:03:11 »

Similar here.  I'm not allowed to keep a boat, caravan or run a business from here.  ::)  Neither am I allowed to erect a fence or allow a hedge to grow higher than 4 ft along the road boundary with my property.  :-\

However, one house has a 16ft laurel hedge around it, one has a boat permanently parked on the drive, one house was purchased for the sole use of letting it out for holiday lets, and another neighbour has built a cabin in his garden which he does B&B with.  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

STEMO

« Reply #13 on: 31 August 2017, 18:22:04 »

Similar here.  I'm not allowed to keep a boat, caravan or run a business from here.  ::)  Neither am I allowed to erect a fence or allow a hedge to grow higher than 4 ft along the road boundary with my property.  :-\

However, one house has a 16ft laurel hedge around it, one has a boat permanently parked on the drive, one house was purchased for the sole use of letting it out for holiday lets, and another neighbour has built a cabin in his garden which he does B&B with.  ::)
Grass 'em up!  :)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 31 August 2017, 19:12:02 »

Grass 'em up!  :)
Could make it a business with that list...

Oh, hang on a minute  ;D

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 31 August 2017, 19:41:34 »

I received a letter saying that I was in breach of the planning restrictions on my dwelling by storing a boat on the drive.  I double-checked the paperwork and they are right, I should not have a boat stored on the drive....

Except, it has been there a couple of days at a time while I perform maintenance on it.  It is normally stored at a sailing club in Pompy.  I class that not as storing it, but as parking it temporarily.  I have explained this in writing to the council who will go away and make a judgement.

Has anyone else come across this?  Will I find myself in the stockade, pelted with rotten veg and fruit?

probably not but the neighbour must be in dire need of a dry slap one dark night ::)
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 31 August 2017, 19:59:32 »

Live and let live. As long as they aren't  seriously impacting on your life, then they are to be admired for showing a bit of entrepenuerial spirit.  :)
Don't get me started on dog owners though. That's a hobby which should be banned unless the person proves beyond doubt that their dog will never ever disturb people in the vicinity by barking, and made to understand that they will be shot on site if their dog craps anywhere near where kids play, or if their dog craps anywhere at all and they don't completely clear up the mess.  :)

For some reason I'm in full rant mode tonight. Must be the sleep depravation.  ;D
« Last Edit: 31 August 2017, 20:01:26 by Migv6 »
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 31 August 2017, 20:16:35 »

probably not but the neighbour must be in dire need of a dry slap one dark night ::)

Despite my size, and people's assumptions that I must be a violent person, I am indeed quite anti-violence.  I prefer a more passive-aggressive approach where I will warn them that my fence is coming down in order to be replaced by a wall.  They will have to erect some kind of temporary barrier in order to prevent their dogs coming on to my property which will fail which means I will have just means to get upset when their dog is all over my garden (even though I love dogs but I wont tell them that ::)) and the walll will be built by my mucker, slowly, just at the right speed that it would cause maximum nuisance but not so slow as to warrant any further council involvement (if they could for the slow erection of a fence boundary)

There are other things I might look at doing as well but I shall refrain from discussing on a public forum ::)

STEMO

« Reply #18 on: 31 August 2017, 20:30:36 »

Despite my size, and people's assumptions that I must be a violent person, I am indeed quite anti-violence.  I prefer a more passive-aggressive approach where I will warn them that my fence is coming down in order to be replaced by a wall.  They will have to erect some kind of temporary barrier in order to prevent their dogs coming on to my property which will fail which means I will have just means to get upset when their dog is all over my garden (even though I love dogs but I wont tell them that ::)) and the walll will be built by my mucker, slowly, just at the right speed that it would cause maximum nuisance but not so slow as to warrant any further council involvement (if they could for the slow erection of a fence boundary)

There are other things I might look at doing as well but I shall refrain from discussing on a public forum ::)
Are you gonna post shit through their letterbox?  ;D

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 31 August 2017, 21:12:07 »

Live and let live. As long as they aren't  seriously impacting on your life, then they are to be admired for showing a bit of entrepenuerial spirit.  :)

Yes I don't give a shit to be honest!  :y

The prick up the hill that keeps having bonfires on nice sunny days however!  >:(
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 31 August 2017, 21:18:02 »

Why would he? Afterall, he doesn't have a dog... :D

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 31 August 2017, 21:42:49 »

Why would he? Afterall, he doesn't have a dog... :D
I would but then getting my hands on any Labour flyers in NE Hampshire is pretty tough ;D

redelitev6

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 31 August 2017, 22:14:56 »

::) you just have to hope he doesn't find out about the six eastern European beauties offering "services" from the spare bedroom  :y

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 31 August 2017, 22:19:40 »

::) you just have to hope he doesn't find out about the six eastern European beauties offering "services" from the spare bedroom  :y

You forget I live in the South East (ish), fitting six people in the spare room, let along with a gentleman caller, would be something...

...so I keep it to 3  ;D

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 31 August 2017, 22:33:29 »

Six is more specialist... Three is a much easier sell :D

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 31 August 2017, 22:35:41 »

Yes it was a restriction on the original planning permission given by the council.  "These spaces shall be kept available for parking at all times and shall not be used for the storage of caravans, boats or trailers."  A certain neighbour was successful once in thwarting the PP for the houses where I live so I suspect it was him as who else would be so knowledgeable of the planning constraints?  Funny thing is, he took down his fence which means his garden now butts on to my fence.  I shall have to make a cursory check that he has attached nothing to it without my permission.  He may also be a little peeved when I take down the wooden on to replace with a breeze block wall eventually ;D

I've heard that putting old rusty corrugated steel as cladding on the neighbour's side of a breeze block wall is considered very fashionable by the rustic school of builders, not that I would suggest such fashion accessories of course. ::) ::) ::)
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

aaronjb

« Reply #26 on: 01 September 2017, 08:46:26 »

Better if it's in a paper bag.
And that paper bag is on fire.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 01 September 2017, 18:49:11 »

The root of the problem is that most of the people who become councillors are the type of people who want to tell everyone else what to do, and want to stop everyone from doing anything at all, unless the councillors have given them written permission to do it.
Mostly d1ckheads who were bullied at school and want to restore their sense of self worth by making peoples lives a misery.

You make it sound as if letters like that are read out at council meetings, and answered personally by the councillors :o

grifter

• Paisley, Scotland
  • Omega Baron
    • Omega 2.6 CD / Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 04 September 2017, 21:07:39 »

The work on the boat is nearly done so I am not bothered and if the council wishes to fight me on this I will contest.  I understand official wording quite well as I often have to write policy statements.  The word storage suggests a long-term or semi-permanent base from which the boat is used which is not the case.  It was parked on my drive for a couple of days at a time while I worked on it.

As for the neighbour, game on ;D ;D

Is it not the case that if it is on a trailer - with wheels - then it is not really stored?
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 18 queries.