Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Love Liverpool  (Read 3775 times)

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
Re: Love Liverpool
« Reply #30 on: 08 September 2017, 00:53:08 »

I'll try with a transcribing programme tomorrow.
"DailyMotion" - that's shit every day, isn't it?

Ron.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 08 September 2017, 09:27:42 »

Watched both of the links this morning, hilarious. ;D

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 08 September 2017, 12:04:08 »

Never been to Liverpool but just spending a few days in Yorkshire & we have been saying similar things ,have done a lot of walking & everyone has acknowledged one another & stopped to chat so different to South London & even Lincolnshire where we now live.

Me and my wife and kids spent 1995 to 1998 living in the Yorkshire Dales. That is not friendliness , it's F**King noseyness. They want to know all your business.  So they can make judgements and talk about you with their real friends.  Me and the wife used to play a game where one of us would tell someone something in confidence, and see how long it took to get back to the other.  Like "We can't afford a new car, so I suggested to my wife that she gets a job" would come back to her three days later with "Have you found a job yet?" and she'd say "Am I looking for a job ? That's news to me" and three days later it would get back to me as "So you won't be getting a new car then?" And I'd say "We'll just have to stop eating meat and save up" and then the lady in the shop would say "Oh are you treating yourselves this week?" when we bought some sausages... rather rude I call it.

Yes, that is, I believe, in areas of the North were "the Family" is still important, and that Family feeling extends across the local community.  It is them actually caring, and in a way taking you in to their local community. That is what good families do, and it is rather lovely.  Something we in the South have lost in the main, with everyone (Generalising here!) indifferent and rather uncaring in a self centred society.

Give me the attitudes of the North anyday, even if people appear to be "nosing" into your business a bit too much.  At least they care. ;)

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 09 September 2017, 01:49:49 »

Never been to Liverpool but just spending a few days in Yorkshire & we have been saying similar things ,have done a lot of walking & everyone has acknowledged one another & stopped to chat so different to South London & even Lincolnshire where we now live.

Me and my wife and kids spent 1995 to 1998 living in the Yorkshire Dales. That is not friendliness , it's F**King noseyness. They want to know all your business.  So they can make judgements and talk about you with their real friends.  Me and the wife used to play a game where one of us would tell someone something in confidence, and see how long it took to get back to the other.  Like "We can't afford a new car, so I suggested to my wife that she gets a job" would come back to her three days later with "Have you found a job yet?" and she'd say "Am I looking for a job ? That's news to me" and three days later it would get back to me as "So you won't be getting a new car then?" And I'd say "We'll just have to stop eating meat and save up" and then the lady in the shop would say "Oh are you treating yourselves this week?" when we bought some sausages... rather rude I call it.

Yes, that is, I believe, in areas of the North were "the Family" is still important, and that Family feeling extends across the local community.  It is them actually caring, and in a way taking you in to their local community. That is what good families do, and it is rather lovely.  Something we in the South have lost in the main, with everyone (Generalising here!) indifferent and rather uncaring in a self centred society.

Give me the attitudes of the North anyday, even if people appear to be "nosing" into your business a bit too much.  At least they care. ;)

IME family is the centre except in London and the South East, especially with our current snowflake generation. The same also applies in the US. In most countries, mutual adversity bonds families (like my wife's Ukrainian family) as a cohesive protective unit against the world. Sadly, the south and the US is much 'poorer' for losing this most basic bond in society. :( :( :( It is getting worse along with non-speaking neighbours, dying out pubs and I'm not sure how we get our community's back? :-\ :-\ :-\
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 09 September 2017, 10:21:43 »

IME family is the centre except in London and the South East, especially with our current snowflake generation. The same also applies in the US. In most countries, mutual adversity bonds families (like my wife's Ukrainian family) as a cohesive protective unit against the world. Sadly, the south and the US is much 'poorer' for losing this most basic bond in society. :( :( :( It is getting worse along with non-speaking neighbours, dying out pubs and I'm not sure how we get our community's back? :-\ :-\ :-\

War usually does it, or any other catastrophic event.  However, come to think about it, my mum always reckoned even in WW2 there were all too many in their East End of London community who were out for what they could get, and fxck the rest!
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 18 queries.