Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Well, that was a waste...  (Read 1530 times)

TD

• Omega Knight
  • Swindon
    • Nowt!
    • View Profile
Well, that was a waste...
« on: 09 September 2017, 19:06:28 »

of 3 1/2 hours of my life  :( and £4 in parking charge....

Hurt my hand on Monday....tightening up a screw with a screwdriver...needed the screw to be very tight...and on final turn of screwdriver, I heard and felt a crunch in my hand...

During the week the back of my hand swelled up and middle finger swelled up too....altho the swelling had gone down a tad, its still painful doing things like lifting a cup of coffee....

So off I went to the walk in centre this afternoon to find out what I had done......3.5hrs later I get seen to....

5 mins getting my hand examined and got told to take ibuprofen......for pain relief.....shouldn't have bothered  :(

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
Re: Well, that was a waste...
« Reply #1 on: 09 September 2017, 19:36:17 »

5 mins getting my hand examined and got told to take ibuprofen......for pain relief.....shouldn't have bothered  :(

No one I know has EVER had a satisfactory result at a walk-in centre, they seem bloody pointless to me!

minifreek

• Omega Knight
  • Wigan
    • 2.4 V70 & 94 Mini SPi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10 September 2017, 10:26:06 »

Sounds like a strained tendon to me, I did something very similar to my right hand a few years ago, but it was my first finger (index ?) that I hurt... I didnt bother with the hospital though, just knew it would waste mine and their time...
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F...

TD

• Omega Knight
  • Swindon
    • Nowt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10 September 2017, 10:55:22 »

Well, the reason I went, was I didn't know what I had done...and also should it be strapped up so I couldn't move it...

So I suppose I did learn that I should move it about and take the Ibufrofen for a week. If no better after a week go to my docs, but I will have to wait 3 weeks to get an appointment and by that time it will probably be better  ::)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10 September 2017, 11:28:21 »

No one I know has EVER had a satisfactory result at a walk-in centre, they seem bloody pointless to me!
I have, last time I went (as 3 week wait for a quack), as I needed some drugs quickly, that weren't legally obtainable via other means.  Got there 20mins before they opened, as was seen within 15mins of them officially opening, and walked out promptly with my bit of paper :)
Grumpy old man

TD

• Omega Knight
  • Swindon
    • Nowt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10 September 2017, 12:27:38 »

I have, last time I went (as 3 week wait for a quack), as I needed some drugs quickly, that weren't legally obtainable via other means.  Got there 20mins before they opened, as was seen within 15mins of them officially opening, and walked out promptly with my bit of paper :)

Might be bit difficult for me as its open 24hrs .....

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10 September 2017, 14:49:50 »

And your point is! 

The NHS are struggling, would you like to be seen, instantly,  sorry doesn't happen make an appointment,  wait your turn, if that isn't good enough go private.
The NHS do a wonderful job, if more people treated them with respect, and only went when necessary, 

O shut up griffin. ::)
Hoof'land storeman.

STEMO

« Reply #7 on: 10 September 2017, 16:17:19 »

For the last ten years, and at two different surgeries, I can always get a same day appointment, as long as I ring before half eight.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 10 September 2017, 17:27:48 »

For the last ten years, and at two different surgeries, I can always get a same day appointment, as long as I ring before half eight.

Don't think I've seen a doctor in the last ten years. Maybe I have but it doesn't spring to mind.

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 10 September 2017, 17:44:52 »

Don't think I've seen a doctor in the last ten years. Maybe I have but it doesn't spring to mind.

I didn't ring my last doctor for about 15 years
When I did need to see him, I was told that because I never went for a voluntary health check up when I passed 40 they took me off there list  ::) >:( >:(

When I asked if I could join up again, they told me that unless I had medical and blood tests, the answer was no  :o >:(

Now I friggin hate needles with a passion and to be told that I had to spend a hour of my own time been stabbed with a syringe, poked, prodded and told I was a bit of a fat bastard by some patronising twa t, I politely declined  ;D ;D

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 18 queries.