Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: That Jaime/Sammy feeling.  (Read 1440 times)

STEMO

That Jaime/Sammy feeling.
« on: 11 September 2017, 12:48:41 »

Busy week this week. My lad is doing his 'orientation' week at Sheffield uni. This means I have to get up at the crack of dawn, take the dog for a dump, get back quickly and run him over to Sheffield. Then back to Barnsley, do my 'stuff' and the pick him up again when he's ready (10 o'clock tonight). All well and good. A long day but easily manageable.
Unless, that is, 'things' try to f**k you about. Got back about 11:45 from dropping him off, grabbed a load of washing and stuck in in the washing machine. Closed the door...it popped open again. Fiddled for a while..no good, the lock is ficked..with it full of (dry) washing covered in aerial liquid. Insanity struck. I grabbed the door and took out my frustration, pulling the bleedin thing off it's hinges. It felt soooooo good.
Calmed down, put it out the back and it's off to currys this afternoon to buy one I can take home with me. No time to wait for delivery this week.
I can understand where Jaime is coming from in these matters.  :)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: That Jaime/Sammy feeling.
« Reply #1 on: 11 September 2017, 12:51:16 »

My motto...

"If something is pissing you off, smash it to bits, then it can never piss you off again"

Obviously you have to deal with the mongs at Currys though...
Grumpy old man

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11 September 2017, 13:15:56 »

Busy week this week. My lad is doing his 'orientation' week at Sheffield uni. This means I have to get up at the crack of dawn, take the dog for a dump, get back quickly and run him over to Sheffield. Then back to Barnsley, do my 'stuff' and the pick him up again when he's ready (10 o'clock tonight). All well and good. A long day but easily manageable.
Unless, that is, 'things' try to f**k you about. Got back about 11:45 from dropping him off, grabbed a load of washing and stuck in in the washing machine. Closed the door...it popped open again. Fiddled for a while..no good, the lock is ficked..with it full of (dry) washing covered in aerial liquid. Insanity struck. I grabbed the door and took out my frustration, pulling the bleedin thing off it's hinges. It felt soooooo good.
Calmed down, put it out the back and it's off to currys this afternoon to buy one I can take home with me. No time to wait for delivery this week.
Do you really mean that you run the dog over in Sheffield? Poor little mutt. ;D

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11 September 2017, 13:21:09 »

My motto...

"If something is pissing you off, smash it to bits, then it can never piss you off again"

And unless Currys have changed their SOP, they won't have machines in stock and will charge you extra to deliver it 'sometime next Friday'

I voted with my wallet, and bought the same machine from a local supplier delivered and installed the next day for £20 less than the sticker price.

TD

• Omega Knight
  • Swindon
    • Nowt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11 September 2017, 13:24:50 »

My last dishwasher came from currys, they had it in stock and don't forget to try "I'll buy it on topcashback site , unless you can give me discount" .... It worked for me and got summat like £14 off iirc

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11 September 2017, 13:36:32 »

Some time back I had to get up before the crack of dawn and take a friend to the Airport, everything went as planned until I was about to walk out the door........     then spent the next 45 mins looking for my Car Keys which I did have in my hand but have now gone walk about.  >:(

After rushing around the place searching in headless chicken mode for nearly an hour, it wasn't till I had a "Stop, Relax, Deep Breath" moment and decided to switch the kettle on, then noticed the Milk was next to the kettle?, put the milk back in the fridge only to find my car keys in the fridge where the milk should be.  :-\

Rushed out to car, stopped, thought about it, then went back indoors and proceeded to kick the shit out of the fridge door, before leaving again, pick friend up, Airport with mins to spare.  :-[ ;D 

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11 September 2017, 14:02:12 »

Zirk's caught old man disease :D
Grumpy old man

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11 September 2017, 14:20:32 »

Zirk's caught old man disease :D
Dont know about old man disease, but when old women woke up I get a phone call on the way back from the Airport asking me "Did something happen in the kitchen this morning that I need to know about?", I calmly replied "No", stopped off for an early breakfast and decided it was probably better to go straight to work that morning.  ;D  :-[

STEMO

« Reply #8 on: 11 September 2017, 15:40:51 »

Washing machine in and working :y Decided to go for a Samsung this time as the hotpoint and Hoover ones are shite....utter shite. Had two in 18 months.

Lincs Robert

« Reply #9 on: 11 September 2017, 17:47:19 »

Washing machine in and working :y Decided to go for a Samsung this time as the hotpoint and Hoover ones are shite....utter shite. Had two in 18 months.

A couple of years ago we went for a high tech LG machine. It went bang just before the warranty expired, man came round and announced it was a manufacturing fault- we got a 100% refund. Shame really as it had a quality feel about it.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 11 September 2017, 19:14:37 »

I'm not surprised you've had two in 18mths. You do realise ripping the doors off them is not recommended for longevity? :D :D ;D ;D ;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 11 September 2017, 19:36:31 »

What country do you live in?

Here in England we have women to deal with menial chores. It's the natural order of things.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 11 September 2017, 19:38:02 »

Heavy soiling can cause problems. :-\

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 12 September 2017, 09:28:17 »

My motto...

I'm awaiting the "will it sammy" video of that Netgear switch to be posted. Its days must be numbered by now. I'm worried that you might have lost your touch (along with said hammer). ::)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 18 queries.