Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: My little lad is off to uni tomorrow  (Read 2034 times)

STEMO

My little lad is off to uni tomorrow
« on: 15 September 2017, 20:49:36 »

The house looks like we are moving out. I've spent the last weeks buying everything that you need to use on a day-to-day basis, and there's plenty of it.  :o
I've folded the rear seats in the astra and I think it will all go in. You get a half hour slot and then you have to move the car, so it will be a rush.
Tomorrow night it will be just me and wifey at home. Can't help feeling a bit sad, even though I know it's what's best for him. I just worry how his aspergers might affect him in certain situations. >:(

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
Re: My little lad is off to uni tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: 15 September 2017, 20:56:07 »

Had similar a year ago. My lad has thrived and it has brought him out of himself. Hope the same happens with yours.  :y
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

« Reply #2 on: 15 September 2017, 20:58:11 »

Had similar a year ago. My lad has thrived and it has brought him out of himself. Hope the same happens with yours.  :y
Thanks, Albs. No doubt I'll be happy as Larry after a few weeks, when I know he's settled.

moggy

• Omega Knight
  • hartlepool
    • vauxhall omega 3.0 elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 15 September 2017, 21:25:57 »

Wish him good luck from me and the wife Dean. :y

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 15 September 2017, 21:33:00 »

All the best to you all, these sort of things are all in an unknown future for us still.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 15 September 2017, 22:56:27 »

He'll have the time of his life!  8)  :y

What are you going to do with yourself once you've stopped fretting Uncle STEMO?  :-\  You'll have a lot more time on your hands!  ::)

Nevermind I expect our aristocratic gentleman of leisure Lord Opti will be full of advice!  ;)  ;D

RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 15 September 2017, 23:01:44 »

Part and parcel of been a dad  ;
He'll be okay  :)

Just let him make a few mistakes then pick him up afterwards  :y

Good luck to the lad  :)

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 15 September 2017, 23:59:00 »

Who knows what will happen ...  my lad went to uni full of enthusiasm and wanted to succeed in Virtual Reality Programming, within weeks he discovered that the course he was on was irrelevant to the latest innovations in the real world, used outdated software that no other companies still used, and the instructors had little interest in the subject. Needless to say he dropped out  .. but without telling us for fear of our reaction. Meanwhile he got himself a job in a bar, worked hard, built a reputation so that when he informed us he was working full time as a nightclub manager !!

Couple of years later a relationship broke down badly, so he decided to spend 6 months travelling Asia/NZ/Aus before returning to UK and going back to Uni as a "mature student" .....

Met a NZ girl whilst in Aus, and to cut a long story short .. he now lives in NZ and manages a complex of 3 bars/restaurants on a salary that makes me very envious !!  He has recently told me that he hopes to complete his 200th snowboard run of this season this weekend, he also played pool with members of the Lions Rugby team on their recent tour when they stayed in the hotel he is linked to ... he has just moved into an apartment with views across the mountains and lake that I would kill for !!

Who'd a thought it when he dropped out of Uni .....  the boy done good .. when left to sort his life out in his own way and time .. :)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 16 September 2017, 00:09:49 »

Who knows indeed. In the end,as long as they are happy and healthy, we cant really wish for any more for them.  :y
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

pscocoa

• Omega Baron
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • Volvo V90 D5 AWD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 16 September 2017, 11:21:54 »

Best wishes to him Steve. My lad didn't get on at first and switched to one nearer home to continue his tennis coaching business which meant he could blend Uni with earning. It suited him but others may relish living away.
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://[/img]

STEMO

« Reply #10 on: 16 September 2017, 13:36:06 »

Well....he's gone. He looked like little boy lost when we left him sitting on his bed.  :(

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 16 September 2017, 13:39:41 »

Well....he's gone. He looked like little boy lost when we left him sitting on his bed.  :(

Yep.. I remember that feeling like it was yesterday. Don't worry. He'll have found the students union bar by now. :y
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 16 September 2017, 13:51:36 »

Yep.. I remember that feeling like it was yesterday. Don't worry. He'll have found the students union bar by now. :y

Eyeing up all that young nubile female flesh freshly released from parental control no doubt!  :)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 16 September 2017, 15:12:09 »

It seems to me from your previous posts about him that you've given him a sound base and a decent set of values to set him off on his journey into adulthood and from what you've poste before he seems to have his head on right.Mistakes will be made both by him and others and things will at times go wrong but that's the nature of life isn't it?He'll know you're there for him should he need you to be but I'm sure he'll do just fine and good luck to him :y Downside[there's always one] is that now he's gone you might actually have to start and talk to SWMBO!! :D :D ;D ;D ;D

STEMO

« Reply #14 on: 16 September 2017, 15:17:19 »

It seems to me from your previous posts about him that you've given him a sound base and a decent set of values to set him off on his journey into adulthood and from what you've poste before he seems to have his head on right.Mistakes will be made both by him and others and things will at times go wrong but that's the nature of life isn't it?He'll know you're there for him should he need you to be but I'm sure he'll do just fine and good luck to him :y Downside[there's always one] is that now he's gone you might actually have to start and talk to SWMBO!! :D :D ;D ;D ;D
Thanks, Baza. SWMBO is out at work from half six till about seven in the evening, so it will just be a weekend kind of marriage.   :)
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 19 queries.