Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Final Reminder for those with old computers  (Read 6624 times)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
Re: Final Reminder for those with old computers
« Reply #45 on: 16 December 2017, 17:30:26 »

Thanks TB.  All done with me, and for once a simple process! :y :y :y

Does that mean the OOF is now a fully protected site and our personal details are going to be more secure?
This just encrypts all transmissions between our webserver and your pc/device, and proves that the OOF webserver you are connecting to is the real OOF webserver, and not an imposter.

Does it protect your personal details we hold about people any more? Probably not. Most data leaks are due to either incompitence or flaws in the software answering queries from the internet.

I like to think I have some level of compitence, and the SMF developers are generally pretty quick off the mark when flaws are discovered. But nobody could ever guarantee there could never be a data leak.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 16 December 2017, 17:35:06 »

I have no idea what your all talking about, but if I cant logon I will text someone.  :y ;D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 17 December 2017, 08:29:08 »

I have no idea what your all talking about, but if I cant logon I will text someone.  :y ;D

Guess I’ll await a text then :-X :o
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 17 December 2017, 09:01:42 »

You are indeed on the list of possible recipients.  :y ;D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

aaronjb

« Reply #49 on: 18 December 2017, 08:58:18 »

Does it protect your personal details we hold about people any more? Probably not. Most data leaks are due to either incompitence or flaws in the software answering queries from the internet.

I like to think I have some level of compitence, and the SMF developers are generally pretty quick off the mark when flaws are discovered. But nobody could ever guarantee there could never be a data leak.

That's competence, TB.  ;D ;D ;D

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 18 December 2017, 10:04:59 »

Or did he mean incontinence?! :y :y :y :y

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 18 December 2017, 14:53:09 »

If not for spelling. ;D ;D ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 18 December 2017, 18:22:31 »

As you well know, I'm the stupid kid from the local comp ;)

That stupid, at one of our sites, was using some of your company's wares - still boxed - as a stepladder and then as a table. Do they do anything else?

;D
Grumpy old man

aaronjb

« Reply #53 on: 18 December 2017, 19:04:09 »

That stupid, at one of our sites, was using some of your company's wares - still boxed - as a stepladder and then as a table. Do they do anything else?

;D

Not much, but at least they come in a range of heights from 1U to 8U  ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 18 December 2017, 19:24:29 »

;D

Not much, but at least they come in a range of heights from 1U to 8U  ;D
End up in their carton, I reckon they approach 15U+.  More than enough for me to fit RAM into the top server in a 42U rack.  Apparently.

::)
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 18 queries.