Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Modern car specs and gadgets  (Read 5187 times)

2boxerdogs

Re: Modern car specs and gadgets
« Reply #30 on: 17 September 2017, 23:22:05 »

My Merc has all the options available except for a sunroof very rarely use any of them , everything still in working order at almost 18 years old , did think of getting an up to date sat nav disc for it but very rarely go anywhere I haven't been before.

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
« Reply #31 on: 17 September 2017, 23:28:40 »

My Mondeo has front and rear parking sensors.  I've never been beeped at so much!!  :o  ;D

Oh and it's also the first car I had with electric folding mirrors, which is handy to be able to tuck them in at the press of a button.  :y

Trouble with parking sensors front & back is that you become deaf to them continually beeping at you ..... I've even had a tree leap out  behind me ...... & I did hit it   ::)
My mirrors fold when I lock it  ;)

Ooo get you!  :P  ;D

What if you don't want to fold the mirrors when you lock it though:-\

On mine, you go in to the settings and un-tick the 'Fold mirrors when locking' option. You can still manually do it on the door button or the fob.  :y
I think mine is a setting needing dealer diags equipment, which is a bit daft IMHO. Esp as my passenger one is getting lazy unfolding, so I'd probably be inclined not to fold when locking ;D. And I bet a replacement mirror is the wrong side of £2k - I know the glass is well over £300 :o

Pop the cover off with a thin bladed knife, clear the crud out, and liberally lubricate  :y
I've no issues so far on mine, but had to do this on my old X350 Jaaaaag - once done all ok.
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio

Mutha Jugs n Speed

• Intermediate Member
  • Out there?
    • Nosey aint'cha
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 18 September 2017, 07:51:20 »

Still going to keep my Omegas......better the devil you know ::)

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 18 September 2017, 08:16:40 »

My Nissan has just the right amount of gadgets for me  :)

Bose stereo, heated seats, cruise control and speed limiter, decent satnav, colour reversing camera, voice activated bluetooth connectivity and folding door mirrors (push button)

I pretty much use everything and can`t think of anything else that I need.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 18 September 2017, 10:50:11 »

Bose stereo, heated seats, cruise control and speed limiter, decent satnav, colour reversing camera, voice activated bluetooth connectivity and folding door mirrors (push button)

Including a 3rd pedal  :y

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 18 September 2017, 11:42:52 »

That is a necessity not a desirable gadget  ;D

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 18 September 2017, 15:05:28 »

That is a necessity not a desirable gadget  ;D
Can t  be. None of our cars have one ....  ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 19 September 2017, 18:18:09 »

The feature I *REALLY* miss from Omegas that is absent is the interior mirror is not on the memory system :(

I believe its the same on some very very expensive Mercs too ..... all for the sake of a few quid of electrickery
Bro's S type lacks said feature as well, but he said none of his cars have ever had it (Beemers)
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 19 September 2017, 18:20:46 »

My Mondeo has front and rear parking sensors.  I've never been beeped at so much!!  :o  ;D

Oh and it's also the first car I had with electric folding mirrors, which is handy to be able to tuck them in at the press of a button.  :y

Trouble with parking sensors front & back is that you become deaf to them continually beeping at you ..... I've even had a tree leap out  behind me ...... & I did hit it   ::)
My mirrors fold when I lock it  ;)

Ooo get you!  :P  ;D

What if you don't want to fold the mirrors when you lock it though:-\

On mine, you go in to the settings and un-tick the 'Fold mirrors when locking' option. You can still manually do it on the door button or the fob.  :y
I think mine is a setting needing dealer diags equipment, which is a bit daft IMHO. Esp as my passenger one is getting lazy unfolding, so I'd probably be inclined not to fold when locking ;D. And I bet a replacement mirror is the wrong side of £2k - I know the glass is well over £300 :o

Pop the cover off with a thin bladed knife, clear the crud out, and liberally lubricate  :y
I've no issues so far on mine, but had to do this on my old X350 Jaaaaag - once done all ok.
Yeah, still not done that, despite the encouragement you gave me on another site ;D.  I need to replace the passenger door locking solenoid first, as that's even more annoying ;D.

I might come back to you for more detailed description of how to do the mirror, if that's OK with you?
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 18 queries.