Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Got myself another Omega 3.2L V6  (Read 3681 times)

Jan Suhr

• Intermediate Member
  • Nyköping, Sweden
    • 2 Omega Caravans 3.2 V6
    • View Profile
Got myself another Omega 3.2L V6
« on: 24 September 2017, 21:03:00 »

I have been on the look out for another Omega for a while and a business trip to Berlin opened up the opportunity to find one and drive back home to Sweden. Just the week before my trip one showed up on mobile.de were I have had a saved search for Omega Estate 3.2L V6. This one looked perfect, just a little over 160.000km and recently serviced with brakes and cambelt. I called the owner and luckily he spoke good english (not so common among Germans) and I told him about my trip and I said if it is like the description I will buy it.

So after my work in Berlin I rented a car and drove 400 km to where the Omega was located, we met on Saturday morning and the car was even better than the description, almost like new and it has been extremely well taken cared of. Not one single rust spot, not one dent in the body. Completely clean interior. Not much to discuss about and the owner was very helpful when we went to the local German registration office to arrange for my registration papers and the special export license plates. Took less than an hour to fix that and then it was officially mine.

This guy is a real Opel guy, in his garage he showed me another gem of his, an '91 Omega EVO 500 !! As you can imagine we had a lot to talk about and I spent a few more hours at his place taking about cool Opel cars.

The it was time for me to hit the Autobahn for my 1200km drive back home. This Omega is the Sport version with a little stiffer springs and shocks, you notice the difference but it is a good feeling. It also has a modified exhaust with just the end muffler in place giving it that deep roar when you accelerate. I just love it. On Autobahn I let it show it's colors and I had it running for a long time in a pace of 190-200 kph (about 120mph) and sometimes faster, the highest I went was 235 kph (146mph) and it had more in it but I ran out of road to try more :-)

Since it is the Sport version it also has the sport seats making it really comfortable to drive for a long time in.

Great car, as they are. Since this one is in such excellent shape I will only drive it in summer time. My other slightly junkier one with 360.000 km on the clock will be my winter car.

I'll post some images later.

Jan
Jan Suhr
Stockholm, Sweden
www.protouring.se

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
Re: Got myself another Omega 3.2L V6
« Reply #1 on: 24 September 2017, 21:10:58 »

Looking forward to seeing the pictures Jan

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 24 September 2017, 22:15:15 »

Sounds like a cracker  :y

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 24 September 2017, 22:50:06 »

Look forward to the pictures.

I loved the bit about turning up and getting the paper work sorted in an hour. Teitonic efficiency. I am yet to meet a German that doesnt speak impeccable English. That might change following Brexit as English apparently will lose its relevance.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Jan Suhr

• Intermediate Member
  • Nyköping, Sweden
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 25 September 2017, 07:41:53 »

Well we had all the papers "in Ordnung" and since the owner was there with me he could help me since the people in the registration office didn't speak English. The only thing that was problematic was that they needed some kind of proof of my home address, since that isn't in the passport or on any ID we struggled with that for a moment. The reason for this was that they wanted in the registration an address to send eventual speeding tickets. It could also be approved with a bank account number. So when they got that, everything was done with German efficiency.

I'm looking forward to one deduction from my bank account, I got caught in one speeding camera. I was doing 65kph in a 60 area.

I'm going to give it a wash now and then take some pictures for you.
Jan Suhr
Stockholm, Sweden
www.protouring.se

2boxerdogs

« Reply #5 on: 25 September 2017, 10:30:57 »

Sounds like you have got a good one.😀

Jan Suhr

• Intermediate Member
  • Nyköping, Sweden
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 25 September 2017, 12:43:59 »

Here are some images:

Very clean and nice, I'm really happy about this. It is very hard to find them in this condition.

The paint is in reasonable condition but it needs to get a polishing job to be really good. Nothing wrong with it as it is but I'd like to have it freshened up.
« Last Edit: 25 September 2017, 12:45:43 by Jan Suhr »
Jan Suhr
Stockholm, Sweden
www.protouring.se

2boxerdogs

« Reply #7 on: 25 September 2017, 13:42:28 »

Great looking car .

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 25 September 2017, 14:18:48 »

That's an excellent looking example  :y :y

Facelifts in that condition are getting very rare now, especially estates.

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 25 September 2017, 14:28:34 »

Nice, how did it cost you?, if you dont mind me asking.

Jan Suhr

• Intermediate Member
  • Nyköping, Sweden
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 25 September 2017, 15:08:46 »

No secret for me, I paid €4300.00 for it. You can find them for less than that but then they have 100.000 km more on the clock. Then there is the cost of special insurance and registration in Germany. Then there is some more costs to get it registered here in Sweden. I will also buy some fancy wheels for it, it now runs on 235/45X17 and I will keep that size, maybe go for 245 in the rear.

There are also some that cost more with even lower miles that this one and in even better shape. At the same time there was an 3.2 Irmscher Estate and he asked €4500.00 for it but it has rust and the paint was worn in some places. I think that it still is there on mobile.de.
Jan Suhr
Stockholm, Sweden
www.protouring.se

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 25 September 2017, 15:15:00 »

No secret for me, I paid €4300.00 for it. You can find them for less than that but then they have 100.000 km more on the clock. Then there is the cost of special insurance and registration in Germany. Then there is some more costs to get it registered here in Sweden. I will also buy some fancy wheels for it, it now runs on 235/45X17 and I will keep that size, maybe go for 245 in the rear.

There are also some that cost more with even lower miles that this one and in even better shape. At the same time there was an 3.2 Irmscher Estate and he asked €4500.00 for it but it has rust and the paint was worn in some places. I think that it still is there on mobile.de.
Thanks, I was thinking a fair amount before you answered the question.  :o 

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 25 September 2017, 15:17:19 »

Very smart 8)

CCRT2008 is a useful addition... you can add an aux to the cdc connection for an ipod etc.
Onanists always think outside the box.

neil74

• Intermediate Member
  • newport
    • 2.6 elite estate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 25 September 2017, 15:38:26 »

So that's what the 3.2 elite that I used to have looked like when in good shape.
« Last Edit: 25 September 2017, 15:40:19 by neil74 »

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 25 September 2017, 15:54:40 »

Jan, if you want an Irmscher 3.2 saloon for your collection, here is one in Spain. 2900 euros

https://www.milanuncios.com/opel-de-segunda-mano/opel-omega-3-2-v6-irsmacher-241992221.htm

Opel omega b 3. 2i v6 irmscher 218cv design edition highest in range, very few sold in Spain 106. 000km year 2002. bodywork and paint in perfect condition no damage except bumpers front and rear have some marks associated with parking. Additional features. 17 original opel rims, 80% tread on tyres, bilstein suspension, two sets of keys with remote control, electric heated leather with front and rear, memory, front and rear bizone climate control, gps, on board computer, bose stereo, cruise control, xenon, electric rear blind, etc. . . maintenance done on oils and filters, is totally revised. Foolproof. Will consider px on 7 seater
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 19 queries.