Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Alternative For Deutschland  (Read 2826 times)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
Alternative For Deutschland
« on: 25 September 2017, 16:29:49 »

Well no one else has mentioned it yet, so I will.

The AFD have secured 12.6% of the German vote, which gives them 13.3%, or 94, of the seats available.

Their leadership is in trouble though as already splits in their ranks have broken out.  However this result for a far right wing party is historic, as such a party has not been in the Reichstag Bundestag  since 1961. Their main policy is to rid German of all the immigrants.  Oh dear, here we go again!! ::) ::)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
Re: Alternative For Deutschland
« Reply #1 on: 25 September 2017, 17:24:42 »

The media have portrayed them as a far right wing party. I don't know much about them yet so cant comment, but I do know that the media also portrayed UKIP as a far right wing party when they were nothing of the sort.
I'm waiting for them to start portraying New old Labour as a far left, dictatorial, terrorist loving,l Marxist party (as that is exactly what they are) but I'm not holding my breath.
Whatever they are, or aren't, they are a reaction to Merkel and her kind who have taken over much of Europe by smoke, mirrors and lies, while treating their electors with disdain and contempt.
Its inevitable there will be reactions against this, and it is spreading slowly but surely all across Europe.
Their beloved empire is doomed. Its only a matter of time. I would give it another decade at most.  :)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 25 September 2017, 17:41:08 »

More change in Europe. What did she expect having had an open door migrant policy.? Cynic in me says it was for cheap labour force.  Still a lot of issues in Europe. Vince Cable for premier.  ;D
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 25 September 2017, 18:36:20 »

Vince Cable couldn't run a car boot sale stall, never mind run the country. He is shameless at portraying himself as an expert financier, with a long history at the top level of industry.
Its all crap, but a few gullible people will always believe what they want to believe.  :)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 25 September 2017, 18:40:03 »

The AFD have secured 12.6% of the German vote, which gives them 13.3%, or 94, of the seats available.

Their leadership is in trouble though as already splits in their ranks have broken out.  However this result for a far right wing party is historic, as such a party has not been in the Reichstag Bundestag  since 1961. Their main policy is to rid German of all the immigrants.  Oh dear, here we go again!! ::) ::)

Worrying.....but as Albs has already said we'll need to see just how extreme they are.

Let's hope it's not a case of German history repeating itself.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 25 September 2017, 18:52:02 »

I think that there's been a lot of things happening in Germany that dosn't get reported in the British media.  :-\
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 25 September 2017, 19:32:15 »

Worrying.....but as Albs has already said we'll need to see just how extreme they are.

Let's hope it's not a case of German history repeating itself.

Obviously, as an historian, that thought is never far from my mind.  When I opened this thread I steered clear of my normal reference to the Nazis and Hitler.  That was not just to stop any criticism from others on the Forum, but as for a change I think any such reference is wrong.

In the 1920's Hitler was ranting about Jews, Communists, and how the Versailles Treaty had robbed Germany.  His argument was also that Germany needed greater living space for the "superior Aryan race", the Übermensch Germans who needed to be free of the unsuitable, unsavory people in their midst.  His argument was far more than just about immigrants, as with the AFD, although they do add Islam to their hate list.

No, so far this right wing party are nothing like the Nazis of 90 years ago, although it must be recognised that they have started off far stronger than the latter, who grew by intimidation and criminal act through the late 1920's, through the 1930's to secure their grip on Germany.  There is no current sign that the AFD can, or will do that, with no-one (thank God) seemingly shaping up to be their Fuhrer.

We can all rest easy for now in the UK, but it could be now very interesting in Deutschland ;)
« Last Edit: 25 September 2017, 19:34:00 by Lizzie Zoom »

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 25 September 2017, 20:21:43 »

...............and just to add one very important between the late 1920's and now, Germany is booming and nowhere near being in a recession! ;)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 25 September 2017, 20:28:54 »

Vince Cable couldn't run a car boot sale stall, never mind run the country. He is shameless at portraying himself as an expert financier, with a long history at the top level of industry.
Its all crap, but a few gullible people will always believe what they want to believe.  :)

Just using the vince cable scenario as an example of stranger things can happen. Perhaps i should have said pm D. Davis !
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 25 September 2017, 20:36:17 »

Much more likely, and much more acceptable.  :)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 25 September 2017, 20:40:57 »

...............and just to add one very important between the late 1920's and now, Germany is booming and nowhere near being in a recession! ;)

Its boom is tied to favourable export conditions due to the relatively weak Euro, as opposed to what would be a very strong German mark.
When the Euro collapses and disappears, the German economy will be in big trouble, which is why Merkel was more than happy to turn Greece into almost a  third world country, rather than risk letting it recover by reverting to the drachma and possibly bring about the end of the Euro.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 25 September 2017, 20:51:41 »

Mass migration has caused many problems across Europe in many different forms by different groups, but more perceived losses than gains from the poorer in 1st world country's society due to globalization, rising crime and the 0.1% who engage in terrorism which has lead to almost 500 deaths in the last year and the main political parties not wanting to engage with and discuss peoples genuine grievances, especially the left, so they are turning to the hard-left and right parties with their simplistic populist policies and solutions. Our current major disruption political era will end like the last one unless lessons are learned and there are more political openness and POLITE constructive discussion between the parties and the people. IMO it is inevitable, unless things change fast, that we will end up like the last major disruptive political era of the 1920's and 30's which we will again end in a major war except this time with nukes. :( :( :(

I have been called several times a Nazi, racist and eugenist by a left-wing person on here who objected to some of the issues I have raised where they don't think they should be discussed. Bipartisan politics in the US especially with the left's normal sanctimonious we are always correct, you thick, racist, deplorable has resulted in the white supremacist mafia criminal buffoon Trump being elected which is doing much damage to the USA's cohesiveness, credibility and international status than ever before. :( :( :(

I see Merkel like Cameron is saying lessons will be learned from the election, which is for any elected parties basically telling the electorate to go forth and multiply. >:( >:( >:(

With Obama/Kerry deeply flawed Iran nuclear deal meaning that they will legally have nukes in about 8 years and will almost certainly use them against Israel, Europe and the US once they have. I'm really not hopeful that most of humanity will make it much beyond 2025-2030. :( :( :(
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 25 September 2017, 21:03:40 »

Well at least I don't have to worry about my pension now.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 25 September 2017, 21:10:24 »

Every cloud....... :y ;D

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 25 September 2017, 21:31:10 »

Well at least I don't have to worry about my pension now.

You've got a pension?  :o  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 19 queries.