Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: The Magic Money Tree  (Read 5670 times)

STEMO

Re: The Magic Money Tree
« Reply #15 on: 26 September 2017, 13:02:04 »

I have no worries over the insane ramblings of this bunch of twonks. The Labour Party can shift as far to the left as it likes, the electorate will never vote them in. Take no notice of the showing they made in the last election. Lessons have been learned by the tories and, I think, we will see a much more coherent strategy from them next time. The scare that they got is probably one of the best things that could have happened, they will never be as complacent again. Also, Tory voters won’t sit on their arses thinking it’s a done deal next time.

It's an opportunity for Corbyn and Labour because we can only guess who the next Tory leader (and PM?) will be.

Boris for PM anyone? ::) ::)
It’s 2017...why are we worried about what may happen in 2022? Any party can promise the earth in opposition, and they frequently do, but I think the political landscape will be far away from where it is now by the time of the next election. Hopefully, Corbyn and McDonnell will be dead.

That's not very charitable..... ::) ::) ::)
Hmmmmm......ok.. :-\
I wish them a speedy and painless death. Better?

Lincs Robert

« Reply #16 on: 26 September 2017, 13:02:15 »

Back in the late 90's many large uk companies who did govt business were actively encouraged to setup PFI units - with a view to being poised to get into these opportunities early on so that the govt could reap early "benefits" from them.

I worked with the BT pfi unit for a while, and although there was a sort of logic of BT supporting the comms/IT aspects of some deals - things ran away with the fairies a bit when people started bringing BT pfi "opportunities" to fund schools & the like. Luckily not many of these ideas crept through - although I seem to recall BT taking a stake in the GCHQ doughnut building which was a new/shiny thing in the offing at the time.

As you can imagine, there was an awful lot of dangle berries talked at some of the meetings - & to make matters worse the consultants, on both sides, who were hell-bent on extending any/all timeframes so that they continue getting their fees .....  ::)

I was well out of that one I can tell you, mind you, I did have an Omega Elite as a company car, so can't complain too much I suppose  :-X

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 26 September 2017, 13:10:04 »

I have no worries over the insane ramblings of this bunch of twonks. The Labour Party can shift as far to the left as it likes, the electorate will never vote them in. Take no notice of the showing they made in the last election. Lessons have been learned by the tories and, I think, we will see a much more coherent strategy from them next time. The scare that they got is probably one of the best things that could have happened, they will never be as complacent again. Also, Tory voters won’t sit on their arses thinking it’s a done deal next time.

It's an opportunity for Corbyn and Labour because we can only guess who the next Tory leader (and PM?) will be.

It’s 2017...why are we worried about what may happen in 2022? Any party can promise the earth in opposition, and they frequently do, but I think the political landscape will be far away from where it is now by the time of the next election. Hopefully, Corbyn and McDonnell will be dead.

Your whippet would be devastated by the loss of political talent and loss to society in general. :)

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 26 September 2017, 13:52:17 »

Your whippet would be devastated by the loss of political talent and loss to society in general. :) or not! ;)

Fixed! ;D
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 26 September 2017, 14:29:57 »

No sane business person would have negotiated such stupid PFI deals as Gordon "buy high sell low to make a profit" McRuin did, but when you are spending other people's money you don't care. >:( >:( >:( Likewise, all the vast public spending rises Liebour made were on the basis if you spray enough sh*t at the wall some will stick. >:( >:( >:(

While the One-Eyed Scottish Idiot certainly had his hands in the PFI debacle, the real issue was the level to which decision making was devolved. Such that you could have (for example) the CEOs of NHS trusts signing multi million pound contracts that they had neither read, fully understood nor taken the appropriate level of advice on.

PFI deals can have real benefits for the borrower, but not in the way the vast majority of them were structured.

In terms of "buying them out", there would have been no need to call on the magic money tree, had we compelled the banks to sell them as part of the bailouts they received. Another opportunity missed  ::)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 26 September 2017, 14:43:26 »

Couldn't Labour use the Conservative money tree? You know the one that came up with 1billion out of thin air for the DUP or the one that came up with more money for the Public Sector or indeed for the 100 billion to leave the EU we never will leave.  ;D ;D
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

2boxerdogs

« Reply #21 on: 26 September 2017, 16:03:33 »

Every morning I hear how these "clever politicians" are going to make everything marvelous , do you know I don't believe a single one of them. Too far down the road to ever recover now.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 26 September 2017, 16:29:01 »

Every morning I hear how these "clever politicians" are going to make everything marvelous , do you know I don't believe a single one of them. Too far down the road to ever recover now.

I am glad you said that. As an expat I am sort of in a limbo land when it comes to voting until I have been away from the UK for 15 years. I can and do vote in local Spanish and MEP elections. However when it comes to the Uk for the first time in my life, I wouldn't know who to vote for. They are all pretty dire so I don't use my postal vote for elections now.

The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 26 September 2017, 16:33:10 »

I am glad you said that. As an expat I am sort of in a limbo land when it comes to voting until I have been away from the UK for 15 years. I can and do vote in local Spanish and MEP elections. However when it comes to the Uk for the first time in my life, I wouldn't know who to vote for. They are all pretty dire so I don't use my postal vote for elections now.
Then you cannot grumble whichever way the wind blows ::)
Onanists always think outside the box.

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 26 September 2017, 16:44:39 »

The problem is that the majority of politicians are second rate. The brightest people would not wish to be a member of that sleazy club. The current route is PPE, researcher, lose a seat, and having served your time, drop into a winnable seat. Then up the greasy pole keeping your head down and your hand in our pockets. How many of the current crop have actually led productive lives in another sphere before becoming an MP? Not a lot I would think. What really clever people would want to be in parliament? My daughter, who I (obviously ::)) consider fairly bright, who qualified second on her course at bar school, and is now a Company Secretary and Legal Director of a major City firm, did consider standing as an MP a few years ago after being seconded from her firm to Parliament to advise the Pensions Minister as a legal advisor. She decided she could not stand the pettiness of the place, and could not choose any of the parties that she would be proud to represent. I suspect many of our brightest youngsters find themselves in a similar frame of mind.

2boxerdogs

« Reply #25 on: 26 September 2017, 16:59:13 »

The problem is that the majority of politicians are second rate. The brightest people would not wish to be a member of that sleazy club. The current route is PPE, researcher, lose a seat, and having served your time, drop into a winnable seat. Then up the greasy pole keeping your head down and your hand in our pockets. How many of the current crop have actually led productive lives in another sphere before becoming an MP? Not a lot I would think. What really clever people would want to be in parliament? My daughter, who I (obviously ::)) consider fairly bright, who qualified second on her course at bar school, and is now a Company Secretary and Legal Director of a major City firm, did consider standing as an MP a few years ago after being seconded from her firm to Parliament to advise the Pensions Minister as a legal advisor. She decided she could not stand the pettiness of the place, and could not choose any of the parties that she would be proud to represent. I suspect many of our brightest youngsters find themselves in a similar frame of mind.

Very sensible, my own personal opinion is that a very high majority of MPs are totally corrupt  they look down on the honest working men/ women  as idiots, but I believe most people realise this now & refuse to be taken in by the mindless drivel they spout & expect us to believe.

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 26 September 2017, 17:27:07 »

I'm not a huge fan of Theresa May, but even less of a fan of Corbyn. If there was a general election tomorrow I'd vote Tory, not out of support, but only to deprive Corbyn of my vote. The current Labour party terrifies me.

I just listened to Corbyn being interviewed by the BBC on Radio 4. he was asked outright about funding his latest spending ideas. Not even a hint of a sensible answer, just waffle about communities and understanding the people etc. He doesn't even give us a nice big juicy lie to consider. I'm getting cross . . . . is it gone 6pm yet ? Can I have a glass of wine ?
“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 26 September 2017, 18:12:24 »

It's emerged today that John McDonnell is actively working on plans to deal with an expected run on sterling and capital flight should they get in.  ::)

I wonder what those plans are?  Capital and currency controls?  Bring the Bank of England back under the direct control of the Treasury, so McDonnell can jack up interest rates? Go and have a cup of tea with Len McCluskey and plot the glorious revolution?  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 26 September 2017, 19:45:01 »

It's emerged today that John McDonnell is actively working on plans to deal with an expected run on sterling and capital flight should they get in.  ::)

I wonder what those plans are?  Capital and currency controls?  Bring the Bank of England back under the direct control of the Treasury, so McDonnell can jack up interest rates? Go and have a cup of tea with Len McCluskey and plot the glorious revolution?  ::)

Back to the 1970's!

Beer and sandwiches comrade? ::) ::) :-X

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 26 September 2017, 20:01:51 »

That's exactly what it is. They have reproduced the blueprint from the 70,s which Labour and the unions used to almost completely destroy the country.
Young, gullible, badly* educated people are falling for it in their millions.
The thing is, surely Corbyn and crew know what the result of these policies was in the 70,s so why do they want to use them again rather than try and learn something from the failure ?
Can they really be that dim ?
Maybe they think that when they ruin the country this time around, it will spark a full blown revolution, which will bring about their Marxist Utopia.If they really believe that crap in the 21st century, there surely must be a case for having them sectioned under the mental health act.  ::)

* Educated / brainwashed to a certain mindset, with independence of thought strongly discouraged, presumably.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 18 queries.