Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: The Magic Money Tree  (Read 5652 times)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
The Magic Money Tree
« on: 26 September 2017, 10:28:21 »

John McDonnell the Shadow Chancellor, yesterday promised to eliminate the deficit and bring down the national debt in his speech at the Labour Party's conference in Brighton.  ::)

He then went on to promise that a Labour government would nationalise the railways, Royal Mail, utilities, and bring John Major's PFI's 'in house'. "We're bringing them back!" he said  :)

No mention of how a Labour government would fund all this and nor did he acknowledge that it was the last Labour government that burdened the NHS in particular with the worst of these PFI contracts.  Nevertheless, the poor suckers in Brighton lapped it up!  ::)

Senior Labour figures looked very irritated at journalists having the temerity to question how they could achieve and fund this, although John McDonnell's deputy (forget his name) did admit that they would increase borrowing and that they are comfortable with that!  ::)  So much for reducing the national debt!  >:(

John McDonnell sends a shiver down my spine every time I see him on TV and I can tell you it's not with excitement!  :(  I think I'd rather have dinner with Vlad The Impaler, although they do look similar?  Maybe they're related!  ::)  ;D

Tom Watson's up today to get the Labour faithfuls creaming their knickers and to give the Magic Money Tree another shake!  ::) 

It would be funny if it wasn't so likely that they might sucker in enough people to get into Downing Street!  >:(

RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
Re: The Magic Money Tree
« Reply #1 on: 26 September 2017, 11:31:09 »

In 2022 if it looks like they might get in that would be a good time to profit take on your property portfolio and offshore the money, so they can't get hold of it. :y :y :y

I personally think if they get in they will create a one-party Marxist state (a purge of moderate MP's leading up to 2022 will be an important part of this) and will then nationalize all businesses and property, with nominal compensation, for starters. >:( >:( >:(

There have been and still are parties that have used democracy to get into power and then pulled up the dictatorial drawbridge. Recently this has included Russia with Venezuela, Turkey and India where it is ongoing. >:( >:( >:(

All you need to change the UK political rules is 326 like-minded MP's, where unlike many countries where a 2/3 majprity is required to change constitutional matters in the UK it is a straight majority. :o :o :o
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 26 September 2017, 11:57:10 »

John Mc. is right about PFI, a crude capitalist cure all so beloved by the Tories and 'Tory Blair'

A ridiculous and expensive way to spend taxpayer money.

STEMO

« Reply #3 on: 26 September 2017, 12:03:52 »

I have no worries over the insane ramblings of this bunch of twonks. The Labour Party can shift as far to the left as it likes, the electorate will never vote them in. Take no notice of the showing they made in the last election. Lessons have been learned by the tories and, I think, we will see a much more coherent strategy from them next time. The scare that they got is probably one of the best things that could have happened, they will never be as complacent again. Also, Tory voters won’t sit on their arses thinking it’s a done deal next time.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 26 September 2017, 12:05:02 »

John Mc. is right about PFI, a crude capitalist cure all so beloved by the Tories and 'Tory Blair'

Agreed, but you might argue the same applies to the prospect of buying yourself out of the agreements on principle. I can't imagine the penalty clauses are more attractive than just letting them run but I might be wrong....
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 26 September 2017, 12:09:43 »

It was Gordon McRuin who did all the damage with PFI,s.  ;)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 26 September 2017, 12:13:08 »

I have no worries over the insane ramblings of this bunch of twonks. The Labour Party can shift as far to the left as it likes, the electorate will never vote them in. Take no notice of the showing they made in the last election. Lessons have been learned by the tories and, I think, we will see a much more coherent strategy from them next time. The scare that they got is probably one of the best things that could have happened, they will never be as complacent again. Also, Tory voters won’t sit on their arses thinking it’s a done deal next time.

I sincerely hope your right. New old Labour is scary and sinister to me. I can understand young people who have been educated in left wing Universities, cant remember Britain in the 70,s, Militant tendency in the 80,s or anything about the IRA, being taken in by them
I cannot fathom the stupidity of people of my generation buying into it though.
It has become so toxic and threatening, that Laura Keunssberg (hardly a right wing journalist) has been provided with a bodyguard at the conference, due to threats of rape and death against her, by the preachers of "a kinder more tolerant type of politics".
Speakers at fringe meetings last night were apparently actually discussing if Labour should  question if the holocaust actually happened.  :o
« Last Edit: 26 September 2017, 12:18:00 by Migv6 »
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 26 September 2017, 12:31:01 »

No sane business person would have negotiated such stupid PFI deals as Gordon "buy high sell low to make a profit" McRuin did, but when you are spending other people's money you don't care. >:( >:( >:( Likewise, all the vast public spending rises Liebour made were on the basis if you spray enough sh*t at the wall some will stick. >:( >:( >:(

Public finances are still struggling to recover from this, 7 years since they were in power. :(

As an aside, a recently published ONS report shows average hourly pay rates for the public sector are £13.75 compared to £10 in the wealth-creating part. So the next time the well-off bleeding hearts complain about a 1% pay rise I will be quoting this. ???
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 26 September 2017, 12:33:45 »

Agreed, but you might argue the same applies to the prospect of buying yourself out of the agreements on principle. I can't imagine the penalty clauses are more attractive than just letting them run but I might be wrong....

Yep....no further PFI deals would be the way to go. As you rightly say trying to 'buy back' existing PFI would not be cost effective.  :y

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 26 September 2017, 12:39:26 »

It's an opportunity for Corbyn and Labour because we can only guess who the next Tory leader (and PM?) will be.

Boris for PM anyone? ::) ::)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 26 September 2017, 12:43:50 »

I suspect it will be between Boris and David Davis.I don't car as long as Corbyn doesn't get to number 10.
If he does, it might be time for the generals to step in.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 26 September 2017, 12:44:27 »

It's an opportunity for Corbyn and Labour because we can only guess who the next Tory leader (and PM?) will be.

The Tory leader pool is very shallow and very limited in talent in every way. :-\

STEMO

« Reply #12 on: 26 September 2017, 12:46:28 »

It’s 2017...why are we worried about what may happen in 2022? Any party can promise the earth in opposition, and they frequently do, but I think the political landscape will be far away from where it is now by the time of the next election. Hopefully, Corbyn and McDonnell will be dead.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 26 September 2017, 12:49:53 »

It’s 2017...why are we worried about what may happen in 2022? Any party can promise the earth in opposition, and they frequently do, but I think the political landscape will be far away from where it is now by the time of the next election. Hopefully, Corbyn and McDonnell will be dead.

That's not very charitable..... ::) ::) ::)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 26 September 2017, 12:54:58 »

If the Tories can limp on to 2022 then I expect Corban and Mcdonnell will be in their dotardage by then anyway. They're well on their way!  :y

RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 19 queries.