Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: The Magic Money Tree  (Read 5674 times)

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
Re: The Magic Money Tree
« Reply #45 on: 27 September 2017, 19:28:28 »

The truth about the EU position reveals itself today. Until/unless the UK agrees to its share to underwrite the Eurocrats pensions forever, no further items will be considered. >:( >:( >:(

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 27 September 2017, 19:50:56 »

Good. Now we can just walk away, like we should have done over a year ago.  :)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 27 September 2017, 20:13:59 »

The truth about the EU position reveals itself today. Until/unless the UK agrees to its share to underwrite the Eurocrats pensions forever, no further items will be considered. >:( >:( >:(

If they haven't funded a final salary scheme then IMO that is their stupidity & problem. :o :o :o Personally, I won't be losing 1 seconds sleep if they refuse to pay Clegg, the Kinocks and their ilk after we leave. ;) ;) ;)
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 27 September 2017, 22:11:53 »

Are there any children invlved in this divorce? No didn't think so, should be a clean break. Just leaving in time if you read Macrons wish list of EU and Eurozone reforms. Funny how they can find money for a Euro defence force now they feel they can't rely on Britain yet they mostly couldnt or wouldnt meet their NATO obligations. Be interesting to see how they fare when Russia annexes its Baltic states  back while Trump is busy elsewhere annihilating North Korea

What about the uks share of  EU assets to counter these costs?  I cannot believe that question has not been asked. I keep saying it but countries can be made to sell their infrastructure paid for with EU money. The same way the Eurogroup made Greece selll its family silver.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 28 September 2017, 15:01:25 »

Are there any children invlved in this divorce? No didn't think so...

I assume you're excluding the ones trying to negotiate it? ::)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 28 September 2017, 15:10:41 »

I'm getting more and more confused by the so called "English Language" ..

My understanding of "negotiation" is somewhat akin to the opening line of an online definition ..ie "Negotiation is a dialogue between two or more people or parties intended to reach a beneficial outcome over one or more issues where a conflict exists with respect to these issues.  yet all I hear is "Uk should do this" ; "UK haven't done this"; "we require this from the UK" ....

This sounds like "negotiation by the TUC" which always was "do as we say" .....

Perhaps if the EU actually spelt out THEIR positions AS WELL things could progress in a sensible manner ??

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 28 September 2017, 15:33:28 »

Amen to that, Nige!  :y :y :y :y :y

Ron.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 29 September 2017, 01:27:34 »

I personally think that the EU Commission has no intention of negotiating anything beyond EU citizens rights in the UK, which is largely done and are trying to set up the UK for the blame for the failure of not being able to reach an agreement. >:( >:( >:(
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 29 September 2017, 09:55:25 »

I personally think that the EU Commission has no intention of negotiating anything beyond EU citizens rights in the UK, which is largely done and are trying to set up the UK for the blame for the failure of not being able to reach an agreement. >:( >:( >:(

Agreed.  Despite May guaranteeing continued UK funding of the current EU budget, they are trying to secure UK funds beyond 2020.  While I think this is logical for specific things like Europol, I suspect they are gunning for money to be paid into the general pot long term!  ::)  >:(

Hopefully DD and TM will absolutely rule this out, but I'm not so sure.....  :-\
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 29 September 2017, 18:31:34 »

Despite May guaranteeing continued UK funding of the current EU budget, they are trying to secure UK funds beyond 2020.  While I think this is logical for specific things like Europol, I suspect they are gunning for money to be paid into the general pot long term!  ::)  >:(
You seem genuinely surprised? Surely you could see that. We need Europe a whole heap more than they need our insignificant little rock
Grumpy old man

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 29 September 2017, 18:55:38 »

Us and the Germans are the only ones who actually put money into the project. German taxpayers are already squealing about how much they have to contribute. Once we stop contributing, and german carmakers potentially have tarrifs on their UK sales - their biggest market, Frau Merkel could easily see her house of cards falling down around her ears.
We have a large trade deficit in our favour, and we are 5th or 6th largest economy in the world.
This insignificant little rock, isn't actually that insignificant.  ;)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 29 September 2017, 19:14:56 »

We have a large trade deficit in our favour, and we are 5th or 6th largest economy in the world.
This insignificant little rock, isn't actually that insignificant.  ;)
Currently. But when we lose our biggest trading partner ;)
Grumpy old man

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 29 September 2017, 19:21:50 »

I think one of the most interesting things about all the shenanigans that have gone on so far, is that there was clearly no intention of any of the 'founding fathers' of the EU that anyone should be able to leave, as they clearly did not build such a proviso into their 'rules'. Welcome to Hotel California. >:(

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 29 September 2017, 19:28:00 »

Despite May guaranteeing continued UK funding of the current EU budget, they are trying to secure UK funds beyond 2020.  While I think this is logical for specific things like Europol, I suspect they are gunning for money to be paid into the general pot long term!  ::)  >:(
You seem genuinely surprised? Surely you could see that. We need Europe a whole heap more than they need our insignificant little rock

Nope not surprised, just disgusted at the thought that TM and DD might go along with it.  >:( 

I don't share your pessimistic antipathy towards this country, and if our politicians show a bit of backbone and resist the pressure from the Establishment and corporate vested interests we could have a great future.  :y

After all the last 40 years in which we have ceded control of all sorts of things to the Common Market/EEC/EC/EU have hardly been glorious!  ::)

RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 29 September 2017, 19:46:34 »

You mean like what happened to Ukraine where Russia effectively banned Ukrainian goods where Russia was its biggest trading partner, invaded so they have lost 8% of their territory and started a war for good measure. >:( >:( >:( It caused a sharp recession with about 16% GDP loss in Ukraine which took about 2 years to stabilize and start growing from so they are now doing very well. If you lose a major market you get on your bike and find other countries in which to sell your goods. Out of 7.5bn people on this planet, the EU without us is about 400m people with one of the most moribund economic areas in the world with virtually no economic growth. EU Commission is only interested in building the EUSSR and economic growth doesn't even make the top 100 of their priorities. :( :( :(

Fortunately, many of us aren't so negative as TB and rather than slitting our wrists will rise to the challenge. :y :y :y
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 19 queries.