Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Ryanair  (Read 2440 times)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Ryanair
« Reply #15 on: 29 September 2017, 00:39:58 »

Driverless planes. I have seen the future (again)
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 29 September 2017, 01:32:57 »

I was listening to a debate about this on LBC on the way home from work this morning.
A Ryanair pilot called in and spilled the beans about how awful they are to work for and said the pilots are very angry indeed with how the company is run.
He claimed that Ryanair almost always employ newly qualified and inexperienced pilots, who have to pay Ryanair 300 euros just for the privilege of having an interview.
If they are selected for a job they have to pay Ryanair almost 30,000 euros upfront to have training in their planes.
They then work on a zero hours contract basis, until they gain a few years experience and then start trying to find jobs with other airlines.
After hearing him speak, I doubt I will ever fly with Ryanair again.
Being transported across the skies by an angry young man with little experience is not my idea of safe travel.
Their cabin crews are usually pleasant enough to deal with on an operational level, but have had run ins with one or two of the skippers who think that they have a right to ignore security protocols simply because they drive the thing and are running late :-X

Buy me a lifetime free pass for Ryanair, and I would say thankyou very much as I shred it...
Onanists always think outside the box.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 29 September 2017, 08:34:42 »

I was listening to a debate about this on LBC on the way home from work this morning.
A Ryanair pilot called in and spilled the beans about how awful they are to work for and said the pilots are very angry indeed with how the company is run.
He claimed that Ryanair almost always employ newly qualified and inexperienced pilots, who have to pay Ryanair 300 euros just for the privilege of having an interview.
If they are selected for a job they have to pay Ryanair almost 30,000 euros upfront to have training in their planes.
They then work on a zero hours contract basis, until they gain a few years experience and then start trying to find jobs with other airlines.
After hearing him speak, I doubt I will ever fly with Ryanair again.
Being transported across the skies by an angry young man with little experience is not my idea of safe travel.
Their cabin crews are usually pleasant enough to deal with on an operational level, but have had run ins with one or two of the skippers who think that they have a right to ignore security protocols simply because they drive the thing and are running late :-X

Buy me a lifetime free pass for Ryanair, and I would say thankyou very much as I shred it...
I should add that my last statement has been my view since I first encountered Ryanair in the late '90s. I have never flown with them and would actively discourage anyone from doing so.
Onanists always think outside the box.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 29 September 2017, 18:29:21 »

Ryanair are doing what they always do. Get a heap of primetime free advertising. And will continue to.

Nothing new going on hear, move along now.
Grumpy old man

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 29 September 2017, 19:01:34 »

They do say theres no such thing as bad publicity. Time will tell if it works out that way, this time, for Fly&dare.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 19 queries.