Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Major slip up  (Read 5564 times)

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
Re: Major slip up
« Reply #15 on: 05 October 2017, 10:34:35 »

Typical self-serving "news" outlets who want to MAKE the news not REPORT it ..... that the emphasis is on ....

Cough, P45, letters falling off backdrop .... followed by rumour spreading from "sources"

Now, if they were actually REPORTING the conference we "might" have some reporting of the substance of her speech .... fat chance of that happening ... :(

BTW, after 38 years in the military I KNOW the definition of a newspaper "source" ... it is often simply an eavesdropping journalist overhearing half a conversation in a pub, then making the rest up.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 05 October 2017, 11:14:16 »

There's one in every village ::)

Comrades Blair and especially Brown are the ones that bankrupted UK Plc... Brown did such a royally appalling job that we are still paying for it.

So I ask you... Whi is ACTUALLY responsible for the current financial state of affairs?

Well, as you asked, Thatcher lit the touch paper, and Blair never managed to invest in a fire blanket to put it out, and probably just ran around fanning the flames, but this lot are MORE evil than any others before them.  The rich backers of the Tory party get richer, and everyone else can suffer.  We are all just pawns who will be digging our own graves.

A long time ago, when I was a young man. I used to think exactly like you do. Then, at some point I learned to think using facts, rather than emotion.
I looked at the unbelievably dire state of the UK, particularily its economy, in the 1970,s and couldn't escape the conclusion that someone had to take power and do difficult, radical, things, make huge changes, and sort the country out.
Thankfully Thatcher did just that, and saved the country. That is no exaggeration. If you don't believe it, do some objective research on just how bad things were in the UK in the 70,s.
Within a few years of her taking office the economy had become probably the strongest in the world, the nation had regained its pride and things were on an upward trajectory until Gordon Brown squandered the legacy, ignored the lessons of history, and bankrupted us once again.
Did Thatcher get it all right ? No. No-one does, and some things could have ben done differently, but overall, she turned a basket case of an economy into the envy of the world.
And despite what the media might preach, the money was by no means concentrated at the top of society.
She created the situation where ordinary working class people became homeowners and small business people.
Overall society was changed for the better  and has largely continued that way, despite Blair and Brown, but Corbyn has a dream to wipe out all that has happened since the mid 70,s and take the country back there.
The unions will run the country. Pay rises will be upwards of 20%, but inflation will be pushing 30%.
Corporation tax back to over 50%, so business will flee abroad, and no-one will invest.
Talented people who earn good money will have income tax levels of over 80% again, so we will have "the brain drain MK2".
Then McDonnell, like Healey before him, can go cap in hand to the IMF, to try and borrow the money to pay the wages of the public sector, because our credit rating will be so poor, banks wont loan us a penny, and there is no wealth being generated.
This isn't a fantasy. Its what happened. I lived through it, and it was caused by the exact same policies which Corbyn is promoting to gullible younger people and very stupid older people. If he gets to number 10. History will repeat itself.
P.S. The gap between rich and poor was at its widest under the last Labour Govt. It has narrowed in the last few years.
Under Corbyn there will be no gap between rich and poor. No-one (who stays in the country) will be rich, and everyone will be poorer. Much poorer.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 05 October 2017, 11:28:32 »

Comrades Blair and especially Brown are the ones that bankrupted UK Plc... Brown did such a royally appalling job that we are still paying for it.

So I ask you... Whi is ACTUALLY responsible for the current financial state of affairs?

Well, as you asked, Thatcher lit the touch paper, and Blair never managed to invest in a fire blanket to put it out, and probably just ran around fanning the flames, but this lot are MORE evil than any others before them.  The rich backers of the Tory party get richer, and everyone else can suffer.  We are all just pawns who will be digging our own graves.

A long time ago, when I was a young man. I used to think exactly like you do. Then, at some point I learned to think using facts, rather than emotion.
I looked at the unbelievably dire state of the UK, particularily its economy, in the 1970,s and couldn't escape the conclusion that someone had to take power and do difficult, radical, things, make huge changes, and sort the country out.
Thankfully Thatcher did just that, and saved the country. That is no exaggeration. If you don't believe it, do some objective research on just how bad things were in the UK in the 70,s.
Within a few years of her taking office the economy had become probably the strongest in the world, the nation had regained its pride and things were on an upward trajectory until Gordon Brown squandered the legacy, ignored the lessons of history, and bankrupted us once again.
Did Thatcher get it all right ? No. No-one does, and some things could have ben done differently, but overall, she turned a basket case of an economy into the envy of the world.
And despite what the media might preach, the money was by no means concentrated at the top of society.
She created the situation where ordinary working class people became homeowners and small business people.
Overall society was changed for the better  and has largely continued that way, despite Blair and Brown, but Corbyn has a dream to wipe out all that has happened since the mid 70,s and take the country back there.
The unions will run the country. Pay rises will be upwards of 20%, but inflation will be pushing 30%.
Corporation tax back to over 50%, so business will flee abroad, and no-one will invest.
Talented people who earn good money will have income tax levels of over 80% again, so we will have "the brain drain MK2".
Then McDonnell, like Healey before him, can go cap in hand to the IMF, to try and borrow the money to pay the wages of the public sector, because our credit rating will be so poor, banks wont loan us a penny, and there is no wealth being generated.
This isn't a fantasy. Its what happened. I lived through it, and it was caused by the exact same policies which Corbyn is promoting to gullible younger people and very stupid older people. If he gets to number 10. History will repeat itself.
P.S. The gap between rich and poor was at its widest under the last Labour Govt. It has narrowed in the last few years.
Under Corbyn there will be no gap between rich and poor. No-one (who stays in the country) will be rich, and everyone will be poorer. Much poorer.

A very long time ago. :D

Thatcher was not the Messiah she was a half-crazed wild-eyed old woman with a tentative grasp on reality as her senility advanced.

She did not create Utopia unless the definition of Utopia is a divided country with 3 million unemployed.

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 05 October 2017, 11:29:19 »

Well said   :y  There's a lot of people who don't have the balls to say all that, well not in public.

Yes, she "lost it" later on. No idea what happened there

« Last Edit: 05 October 2017, 11:32:06 by Mister Rog »
“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 05 October 2017, 11:52:39 »

Well said   :y  There's a lot of people who don't have the balls to say all that, well not in public.

Yes, she "lost it" later on. No idea what happened there

That nice Mr Heseltine put a knife in her back. By this time (1990) she had completely lost the plot.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 05 October 2017, 11:55:14 »

True enough that... They were lucky to last until '97 :-\

It's just a shame that Cameron turned out to be a spineless lemon.

As for TM, whilst you can understand the comparison with Maggie, she isn't Maggie. Which is a shame as there needs to be a pair of balls in charge.*

And I don't mean Ed :-X
« Last Edit: 05 October 2017, 11:57:29 by Doctor Gollum »
Onanists always think outside the box.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 05 October 2017, 12:00:51 »

I don't like Violence, but since there is direct correlation at least 9850 sick and disabled have died since (and as a direct result of) the Bastard Tories brought in changes to sickness benefits, and the way that they are assessed as fit for work or placed in a work group.
I often rather wish scum like May and Johnson were rounded up and shot, but that just isn't what we British do. No we attend a party conference, getting through security without a problem because we don't have a gun in our bag, and politely hand a fake P45 to the prime minister, who hasn't a oppsing clue what it's like to live in the real world.

I think handing her a bag of burning dog turd would have been more appropriate.

+1 :y :y :y

Well said GD ;)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 05 October 2017, 12:22:26 »

A very simple fact which left leaning people don't seem able to accept. You cannot continuously spend money you don't have.
If you try to, you will run into serious trouble. The principal is true whether its our household finances or our national economy.
Every Labour Govt. has done it (as did Osborne) and it always ended in tears, but they keep doing it.
Einstein,s definition of madness comes to mind.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 05 October 2017, 12:23:37 »

I don't like Violence, but since there is direct correlation at least 9850 sick and disabled have died since (and as a direct result of) the Bastard Tories brought in changes to sickness benefits, and the way that they are assessed as fit for work or placed in a work group.
I often rather wish scum like May and Johnson were rounded up and shot, but that just isn't what we British do. No we attend a party conference, getting through security without a problem because we don't have a gun in our bag, and politely hand a fake P45 to the prime minister, who hasn't a oppsing clue what it's like to live in the real world.

I think handing her a bag of burning dog turd would have been more appropriate.

+1 :y :y :y

Well said GD ;)

Lizzie.....I think you and Al could son become an item. :-* :-* :-*  Is that wedding bells I hear? ::) ::)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 05 October 2017, 12:27:14 »

An excellent summary MigV6 that I fully agree with having been a teenager in the 1960s, full of Socialist ideals, and then watch the disaster of the 1970's with Labour looking on, Unions in full power, watching the country burn.  Then came Maggie............. 8) 8) 8) :y :y

As for the benefits argument raised in this thread, I was that teenager in 1968 who remembers one of our teachers in my last year at school explaining with great conviction how "we" as the young could / should not rely on the Welfare State; you WILL WORK for your future and living, otherwise you WILL suffer.......!! 

I repeat that was in 1968, and I from a family who had a strong works ethic went out to work officially at 15 years of age, starting my career in retail, earning very poor money as a shop assistant and then an assistant stock auditor, but working up to something I knew could be much greater. I had done paper rounds since the age of 12, so understood something about the value of money, so knew I had to earn my crust.  So, as someone who for illness reasons in latter life did rely for a bit on welfare, can say that anyone younger than me should never be so reliant on welfare.  It is a dead enterprise, as it was foreseen in the late 60's by many that the country could not afford such an open ended, expensive scheme. No in 2017 the Welfare State is really fully dead as the country cannot afford endless payouts when there is the pressure of the NHS, Security Forces, and Education budgets to consider.

I feel sorry of course for anyone genuinely sick on benefits as I was, but I know people who could work but do not, blaming their "illness" on everything. So anyone fit enough to work should do, no matter how menial that job is. I say stop blaming foreigners for taking your jobs and get out there and work; there are plenty of jobs available and indeed there is a SHORTAGE of workers in many industries.  Stop blaming the government for your woes and do something about it.  If you are fit and able get out of bed and work as the rest of us do.  Enroll in further education if necessary to achieve new goals, but just do it!!  (rant mode off! I have said it all now and sod it if anyone objects.  That is how it is!)
« Last Edit: 05 October 2017, 12:31:13 by Lizzie Zoom »

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 05 October 2017, 12:29:04 »

A very simple fact which left leaning people don't seem able to accept. You cannot continuously spend money you don't have.
If you try to, you will run into serious trouble. The principal is true whether its our household finances or our national economy.
Every Labour Govt. has done it (as did Osborne) and it always ended in tears, but they keep doing it.
Einstein,s definition of madness comes to mind.

Enough money to 'bribe' the DUP with £1 billion?
Enough money to find £100 billion for our 'European chums'?

Is this money we have or don't have? ;)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 05 October 2017, 12:30:11 »

Thatcher was not the Messiah she was a half-crazed wild-eyed old woman with a tentative grasp on reality as her senility advanced.

She did not create Utopia unless the definition of Utopia is a divided country with 3 million unemployed.

See, that's emotional thinking, without facts. If you look how bad things were before she came to power, its likely that we would have been lucky to have 3 million people in work by the mid 80,s rather than 3 million out of work.
Theres no denying it was very hard on some people, but British industry was hopelessly uncompetitive due to spineless politicians, poor management and Marxist unions whose agenda was to destroy the capitalist system from the inside out.
Before sitting on the front bench John McDonnell took pride in saying he had the same agenda. When the financial crash happened he said "I have been waiting for this moment my whole life".
The thought of him running the treasury makes whats left of my hair stand on end !

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 05 October 2017, 12:35:56 »

At their conference the Labour party announced that they'd spend an extra £325 billion pound of taxpayers money.  Add to that the £100 billion that they'd no doubt give over to the EU in the blink of an eye and there's some eye watering amounts of money that a Labour government would have to raise.  ::)

The Corbynistas tell us that it's all fully funded and it's all there in the manifesto, and in theory I'm sure they are right.  However what they don't account for is that the big corporates and the wealthy can and will change their behaviour to avoid punitive taxes.  Look at what happened in France when Francois Hollande was elected on a tide of socialist optimism and he jacked the top rate of tax up to 70%.  All the wealthy upped sticks to London (and elsewhere) and the French government quietly dropped the top rate back to 45% a couple of years later.  ::)

John McDonnell would soon find that his spending plans are unaffordable under his current plans and would have to resort to either raising taxes dramatically for everyone or massively increasing government borrowing.  I saw an interview with his deputy where he said that the Labour party was 'comfortable with increased borrowing'.  I can tell you that that statement sent a shiver down my spine!  :(  I've little doubt that a Labour government would bankrupt this country in short order and the image of John McDonnell going cap in hand to the IMF as Albs pointed out earlier is a very realistic prospect.  :(

Maybe however we do need a good dose of hard left socialism again so all the youngsters, the stupid and the naive can see first hand what it's all about and then we can put it back in it's box for another generation.  :-\

RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 05 October 2017, 12:38:45 »

See, that's emotional thinking, without facts. If you look how bad things were before she came to power, its likely that we would have been lucky to have 3 million people in work by the mid 80,s rather than 3 million out of work.
Theres no denying it was very hard on some people, but British industry was hopelessly uncompetitive due to spineless politicians, poor management and Marxist unions whose agenda was to destroy the capitalist system from the inside out.
Before sitting on the front bench John McDonnell took pride in saying he had the same agenda. When the financial crash happened he said "I have been waiting for this moment my whole life".
The thought of him running the treasury makes whats left of my hair stand on end !

We as a country was dying, the sick man of Europe who was in terminal decline, still clinging on to the past, keeping obsolete coal mines, car factories, steel works and ship building, all heavily subsidised with public money, whilst the Unions where really the Labour Government, presiding over out dated industrial practices, such as in the docks, which dramatically needed change, but the unions objected to with endless strikes.  What a fxcking mess it was.............I could say more, but my blood pressure cannot take it................Labour getting in with Corbyn?......................fxcking hell!! :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 05 October 2017, 12:40:21 »

At their conference the Labour party announced that they'd spend an extra £325 billion pound of taxpayers money.  Add to that the £100 billion that they'd no doubt give over to the EU in the blink of an eye and there's some eye watering amounts of money that a Labour government would have to raise.  ::)

The Corbynistas tell us that it's all fully funded and it's all there in the manifesto, and in theory I'm sure they are right.  However what they don't account for is that the big corporates and the wealthy can and will change their behaviour to avoid punitive taxes.  Look at what happened in France when Francois Hollande was elected on a tide of socialist optimism and he jacked the top rate of tax up to 70%.  All the wealthy upped sticks to London (and elsewhere) and the French government quietly dropped the top rate back to 45% a couple of years later.  ::)

John McDonnell would soon find that his spending plans are unaffordable under his current plans and would have to resort to either raising taxes dramatically for everyone or massively increasing government borrowing.  I saw an interview with his deputy where he said that the Labour party was 'comfortable with increased borrowing'.  I can tell you that that statement sent a shiver down my spine!  :(  I've little doubt that a Labour government would bankrupt this country in short order and the image of John McDonnell going cap in hand to the IMF as Albs pointed out earlier is a very realistic prospect.  :(

Maybe however we do need a good dose of hard left socialism again so all the youngsters, the stupid and the naive can see first hand what it's all about and then we can put it back in it's box for another generation.  :-\

;D ;D ;D ;D :y
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 19 queries.