Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: High street theft....  (Read 3603 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: High street theft....
« Reply #15 on: 10 October 2017, 09:47:50 »

Are you going to share those pictures with us?

Ron.
Not on a fairly liberal site like OOF ;D
Grumpy old man

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 10 October 2017, 10:01:36 »

But they are only electronic components, where's the harm?

Ron.

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 10 October 2017, 10:14:34 »

Whilst searching for some electronic components a few years back, I did run across a site for ladies who like to dress up in Nazi uniforms.

So I had to look around :D

Easily done. ::) :-X

Pmacca2000

• Intermediate Member
  • Midlands
    • Omega CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 16 October 2017, 12:52:25 »

The question is, would quick fit try charging a fella the same amount or even keep them waiting that long for the same job?
It seems that places like this trade on the rather sexiest view women know little about cars and can be baffled with scare tactics to spend extra money fixing things that don’t need doing.
Pmacca, living the dream since 1995

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 16 October 2017, 13:19:58 »

The question is, would quick fit try charging a fella the same amount or even keep them waiting that long for the same job?
It seems that places like this trade on the rather sexiest view women know little about cars and can be baffled with scare tactics to spend extra money fixing things that don’t need doing.

Oh yes, they tried that one once again two years ago on me and my daughter.  What a mistake they made!! ::) ::) ::) ;)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 16 October 2017, 13:27:20 »

I'm a member of a Mercedes forum and there is a similar thread on there at the moment. A member was quoted £2000 to change the headgasket on his 2.0 4 cylinder 190.
My opinion was that anything over £500 was taking the p1ss.  ::)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 16 October 2017, 17:30:15 »

Oh yes, they tried that one once again two years ago on me and my daughter.  What a mistake they made!! ::) ::) ::) ;)

Do tell .....  ;D ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 16 October 2017, 17:38:48 »

For all their faults, I don't think they're sexist. They try it on with anybody who looks like the wool can be pulled over.  Which lets face it, is most people now.
Grumpy old man

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 16 October 2017, 17:41:13 »

Do tell .....  ;D ;D

It was the time my daughters Renault Scenic was put into our local Kwik Fit- on the instructions of the Renault main dealer as it is a Disability car - to replace a front nearside tyre that failed the MOT.  After 45 minutes of waiting, they removed the rear nearside wheel and started to wander around the car as though looking for other problems.  Smelling the usually rat in these places, I challenged the Kwik-Fitup management, and all they could explain was they thought it was the rear nearside tyre that needed replacing.  I went into one, telling them they were doing what Kwik Fittup always did; trying to find a way of charging for more work than actually required, as I had experienced over decades.  I made it clear in a loud voice, in their reception / waiting room area that I couldn't understand why people still brought their cars to them after all the negative reports on-line and on TV.  As some potential customers got up and left in their cars the Kwik-Fitup staff made no attempt to argue with me, shut me up, or ask me to leave!  They just quickly fitted the new tyre to the correct wheel, replaced the wheel taken off "by mistake" and we left.

So the usual from Kwik-Fitup! ::) ::) >:( >:( >:(

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 16 October 2017, 20:47:25 »

Do tell .....  ;D ;D

It was the time my daughters Renault Scenic was put into our local Kwik Fit- on the instructions of the Renault main dealer as it is a Disability car - to replace a front nearside tyre that failed the MOT.  After 45 minutes of waiting, they removed the rear nearside wheel and started to wander around the car as though looking for other problems.  Smelling the usually rat in these places, I challenged the Kwik-Fitup management, and all they could explain was they thought it was the rear nearside tyre that needed replacing.  I went into one, telling them they were doing what Kwik Fittup always did; trying to find a way of charging for more work than actually required, as I had experienced over decades.  I made it clear in a loud voice, in their reception / waiting room area that I couldn't understand why people still brought their cars to them after all the negative reports on-line and on TV.  As some potential customers got up and left in their cars the Kwik-Fitup staff made no attempt to argue with me, shut me up, or ask me to leave!  They just quickly fitted the new tyre to the correct wheel, replaced the wheel taken off "by mistake" and we left.

Good for you  :y :y

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 17 October 2017, 10:18:19 »

Do tell .....  ;D ;D

Good for you  :y :y

Thanks Andy.  I did come away from that outfit feeling very satisfied; job done!! ;D ;D ;D ;)
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 19 queries.