Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Optional Extra's - Zafira  (Read 2662 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Optional Extra's - Zafira
« Reply #15 on: 12 October 2017, 18:55:36 »

Most of the "standard" equipment is now requirements, so its not GM being overly generous ;)

Mine is supposed to be top of the range, but its pretty poorly specced. Remember, its really just a brat lugger, not a drivers car, or exec saloon.

I have the underseat storage on mine, never use it TBH. I use the pockets between the seats and the door quite extensively though, not sure if they exist on later ones.

Incidentally, the Shaguar is piss poor for storage as well. Glovebox, centre armrest, and that's about it ;D. If you don't mind it being on show, door pockets.
Grumpy old man

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 12 October 2017, 19:00:33 »

Sounds as though you don’t like it at all  ;D

I'm really liking it so far, comfortable, huge storage, impressive ride. For the money, can't grumble at all, it's good value.

There are a few being broken on ebay, its worth popping them a message to see if you can get the bits needed for reasonable money.

I do know that some of the seat types cant accept the under seat storage (which to be honest, I have always found pretty crap), mainly the ones with extendable front leg supports or motor adjustment.

That's me then, the SRi cloth seats are very comfortable, I do like the extending front support given my height. Makes it great for long journeys.

Thanks for heads up, perhaps take a look at eBay and see if SE/Elites being broken for that storage bit.

Is there anything else I could easily add?

I'd love to upgrade the lights
, back to Halogen after the VW's impressive HID's is like going back to the dark ages.

Trouble is you'd  need the washers,auto levelling etc to make it legal :-\

Yeah that's a problem, thing is you see countless cards with retro fit version.

Most of the "standard" equipment is now requirements, so its not GM being overly generous ;)

Mine is supposed to be top of the range, but its pretty poorly specced. Remember, its really just a brat lugger, not a drivers car, or exec saloon.

I have the underseat storage on mine, never use it TBH. I use the pockets between the seats and the door quite extensively though, not sure if they exist on later ones.

Incidentally, the Shaguar is piss poor for storage as well. Glovebox, centre armrest, and that's about it ;D. If you don't mind it being on show, door pockets.

I do really like the XJ, that would be my ideal replacement for 3.2 :)

Time to save up  :)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 12 October 2017, 19:10:35 »

I'm not dissing the Jag - it is a really lovely motor, it really is - but I'm not convinced its an Omega beater (age differences, and technology advances aside).

Your 3.2 is almost as comfortable (I still reckon an Elite with cloth seats is the most comfortable out there), and a fantatstic mile cruncher. You're boot is arguably bigger, certainly more usable). Your centre rear view mirror moves with the memory. Everything on your entertainment system is 100% controllable from steering wheel. Your Omega has more little places to store/hide stuff. With the right tyres, your Omega gives more feedback, allowing for a really satisfying drive. Your Omega has a fantastic community to help keep it on the road cheaply, not a "take it to the dealer" mentality ::)
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 12 October 2017, 19:18:01 »

I'm not dissing the Jag - it is a really lovely motor, it really is - but I'm not convinced its an Omega beater (age differences, and technology advances aside).

Your 3.2 is almost as comfortable (I still reckon an Elite with cloth seats is the most comfortable out there), and a fantatstic mile cruncher. You're boot is arguably bigger, certainly more usable). Your centre rear view mirror moves with the memory. Everything on your entertainment system is 100% controllable from steering wheel. Your Omega has more little places to store/hide stuff. With the right tyres, your Omega gives more feedback, allowing for a really satisfying drive. Your Omega has a fantastic community to help keep it on the road cheaply, not a "take it to the dealer" mentality ::)
For diy support on newer/posher stuff, you're better of looking to the US forums as they tend to be genuine enthusiasts rather than badge snobs :y
Onanists always think outside the box.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 12 October 2017, 19:26:45 »

For diy support on newer/posher stuff, you're better of looking to the US forums as they tend to be genuine enthusiasts rather than badge snobs :y
For more US oriented popular Jag forum is even worse.  Its not even a "take it to the local shop", its always a dealer job.
Grumpy old man

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 12 October 2017, 19:46:23 »

I used the 3.2 for work today, have to say I really felt I made the best decision to make it my commuter. Now I've got my tunes sorted, via Spotify. I was, as you say super comfy on the way home. Simply effortless power, pull away from lights with ease and swiftly. Significant reserves in power when I need it, to get around some idiots.

I enjoyed my drive tonight, even though it was very heavy traffic.

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 12 October 2017, 20:23:49 »

I used the 3.2 for work today, have to say I really felt I made the best decision to make it my commuter. Now I've got my tunes sorted, via Spotify. I was, as you say super comfy on the way home. Simply effortless power, pull away from lights with ease and swiftly. Significant reserves in power when I need it, to get around some idiots.

Sounds like what you need is a 3.2 Estate fully fitted with working LPG.  ;) :-X

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 12 October 2017, 20:29:20 »

Sounds like what you need is a 3.2 Estate fully fitted with working LPG.  ;) :-X

Offering one for sale? Auto? Not for me but may know someone.

Happy with our bus  :y

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 12 October 2017, 20:58:57 »

Poss, wont be this side of xmas though, if I do.  :-\
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 19 queries.