Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Exhaust - Just want to check before I leap in !!!!!!!  (Read 8652 times)

DrAndyB

• Neston / Cheshire
    • 2.5 V6 CDX Manual (MFL)
    • View Profile
New Exhaust - Just want to check before I leap in !!!!!!!
« on: 27 October 2017, 15:50:15 »

Hi all,

Looking to put new exhaust on the old girl (took her for a spin today and noticed a slight blow, and MOT next month).  Also, last exhaust was 10+ years ago (or longer I think !) and was a GM one !, and somebody said I had a horse tail following me the other day at work as I cruised around the car park  ;D

Remembering previous discussions on exhausts from this forum, I assume I am correct in assuming:
  • The ETS / Eternal one on E.bay (Clamshell) is still a good buy ? - £90 for full system ?
  • GM one was pretty quiet.  Assume the ETS one is similar - Not want a tinny sounding thing  :(
  • I have the MFL 2.5V6, but fancy the twin tailpipes - I understood the 3.0V6 one will fit exactly same with the twin tailpipe back box?
  • Is it a DIY job ?
  • Any tips before I attempt ?
  • Do I need any type of paste when making all connections on the system ?
  • I have ordered 4 new bolts from the stealer - Is this a good idea ?
  • Considering a Chrome tail (Nothing obscene, just a small detail finish  :)- Good idea or leave alone ?  any recommendations if others have used.

Thanks in advance all,

Andy.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
Re: New Exhaust - Just want to check before I leap in !!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: 27 October 2017, 16:04:02 »

Hi all,

Looking to put new exhaust on the old girl (took her for a spin today and noticed a slight blow, and MOT next month).  Also, last exhaust was 10+ years ago (or longer I think !) and was a GM one !, and somebody said I had a horse tail following me the other day at work as I cruised around the car park  ;D

Remembering previous discussions on exhausts from this forum, I assume I am correct in assuming:
  • The ETS / Eternal one on E.bay (Clamshell) is still a good buy ? - £90 for full system ?
- Yup
  • GM one was pretty quiet.  Assume the ETS one is similar - Not want a tinny sounding thing  :(
- As close as you will get to GM for the money.
  • I have the MFL 2.5V6, but fancy the twin tailpipes - I understood the 3.0V6 one will fit exactly same with the twin tailpipe back box?
- Yup
  • Is it a DIY job ?
- Yup, just a hassle as the bolts often corroded and you have to drill the buggers out. Consider dropping cats/downpipes to work on a bench
  • Any tips before I attempt ?
- Plusgas the bolts where Zorst bolts to cats.
  • Do I need any type of paste when making all connections on the system ?
- Holts Hot Gum stuff or similar for paste on cat flange
  • I have ordered 4 new bolts from the stealer - Is this a good idea ?
- Not sure how good quality dealer bolts will be
  • Considering a Chrome tail (Nothing obscene, just a small detail finish  :)- Good idea or leave alone ?  any recommendations if others have used.
- All down to your personal choice
[/list]

Thanks in advance all,

Andy.

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 27 October 2017, 16:11:40 »

I usually use household silicone when joining backboxes to pipes i.e. any sleeved joint, it works a treat
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 27 October 2017, 19:09:45 »

Personally I'd go with chrome/stainless tips I just think they give that final finish to the exhaust.

terry paget

• Omega Baron
  • Midsomer Norton Somerset
    • 3 Astras 2 Vectra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 28 October 2017, 08:23:51 »

Big problem is removing the screws attaching centre section to downpipes. If you break them off, drilling out the remains is a rotten job. I always heat the downpipe ends/screws to red heat with a blow torch before attempting to unscrew them, then do it gingerly.

jb

• bucks
    • 3.2 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 28 October 2017, 09:15:48 »

Have had many eternal car systems as good or better than GM. tWIN PIPE 3.0 BOX A DIRECT FIT. Not really a diy job if your old one been on for 10 yrs...

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 28 October 2017, 10:06:41 »

Had couple of, ets systems very good fit comes with all the fittings and new rubbers, go and buy a set of good 5/16\ 8mm drill bits, and some 4mm bits, a tube of general purpose black silicone.for the joints, 

Remove exhaust, drill out the flanges on new system to 8mm, drill old studs out of down pipes, 4mm, then 8mm, hang centre sections, using new rubbers, loosely fit new nuts n bolts, fit rear silencer, tighten bolts, then align rear box and tighten clamps.
Hoof'land storeman.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 28 October 2017, 10:45:10 »

The sound from ETS/Eternal is similar to old school GM, and miles, miles better than the god awful Bosal etc fitted by most fast fit places.
Grumpy old man

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 28 October 2017, 11:55:36 »

Have had many eternal car systems as good or better than GM. tWIN PIPE 3.0 BOX A DIRECT FIT. Not really a diy job if your old one been on for 10 yrs...

Rubbish!
If the downpipe to system bolts undo, then it's a 40minute start-to-finish job, on your own, in the street.
If using a DIY drill add 10minutes per bolt that doesn't undo. Replace with a longer bolt and nut. If you have oxy-acetylene, heat the stub of the bolt to cherry red and punch the bastard thing out - 1minute plus however long it takes to get the tools out.

This is a job where DIY not only makes sense, but is to be recommended.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 28 October 2017, 14:32:56 »

As long as you don't cut your face open with an angle grinder ::) :-X
Onanists always think outside the box.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 28 October 2017, 15:21:13 »

Rubbish!
If the downpipe to system bolts undo, then it's a 40minute start-to-finish job, on your own, in the street.
If using a DIY drill add 10minutes per bolt that doesn't undo. Replace with a longer bolt and nut. If you have oxy-acetylene, heat the stub of the bolt to cherry red and punch the bastard thing out - 1minute plus however long it takes to get the tools out.

It soundsso easy when its put like that - by a professional mechanic.  :D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 28 October 2017, 16:41:43 »

Rubbish!

It sounds so easy when its put like that - by a professional mechanic.  :D

If the four M8 bolts holding the system to the downpipes undo, you remove the entire system with nothing more than a Stanley knife through the mounting rubbers and letting gravity move it to the floor. No skills required, unless you feel the need to make things difficult ::) . You then loosely bolt the new silencers in place, hang each of them from their rubbers, knock the rear silencer onto them, hang it from its rubber and do up the loose bolts having ensured that nothing is touching the bodywork. That's only difficult if you're using a poorly made system that doesn't line up; the ETS fit perfectly so aren't a problem.

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 28 October 2017, 16:56:57 »

Rubbish!

It sounds so easy when its put like that - by a professional mechanic.  :D

If the four M8 bolts holding the system to the downpipes undo, you remove the entire system with nothing more than a Stanley knife through the mounting rubbers and letting gravity move it to the floor. No skills required, unless you feel the need to make things difficult ::) . You then loosely bolt the new silencers in place, hang each of them from their rubbers, knock the rear silencer onto them, hang it from its rubber and do up the loose bolts having ensured that nothing is touching the bodywork. That's only difficult if you're using a poorly made system that doesn't line up; the ETS fit perfectly so aren't a problem.

If the original mounting rubbers are GM and are good condition then re-use them rather than using the ones that come with the ETS kit as they will be stretched and splitting around 18 months - 2 years. Strangely the rubbers ETS supply with the exhaust for an Alhambra / Galaxy / Sharon are far better quality.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 28 October 2017, 17:17:52 »

Rubbish!

Whilst I agree that DIY is nearly always the way to go, if those bolts shear, its rarely "10mins per bolt", only if you're really lucky.

The last one I did took 22 bits to drill just one of the bolts out (they other 2 drilled out much better)...
Grumpy old man

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 28 October 2017, 17:24:57 »

If the original mounting rubbers are GM and are good condition then re-use them rather than using the ones that come with the ETS kit as they will be stretched and splitting around 18 months - 2 years.

That's not my experience; mine have been on there three years(might be four :o ) with no problems. I HATE messing about with exhausts, and my procedure is simple: replace everything, at the same time, with new.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 28 October 2017, 17:28:43 »

Whilst I agree that DIY is nearly always the way to go, if those bolts shear, its rarely "10mins per bolt", only if you're really lucky.

The last one I did took 22 bits to drill just one of the bolts out (they other 2 drilled out much better)...

But you are notoriously hard on things!

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 28 October 2017, 17:44:49 »

If the original mounting rubbers are GM and are good condition then re-use them rather than using the ones that come with the ETS kit as they will be stretched and splitting around 18 months - 2 years.

That's not my experience; mine have been on there three years(might be four :o ) with no problems. I HATE messing about with exhausts, and my procedure is simple: replace everything, at the same time, with new.

Well I've fitted four ETS exhausts on various Omega's and used the rubbers supplied on the first two and they've failed in that time frame (picked up by my local MOT man) after that I just refitted the GM ones - no problems. Maybe they changed suppliers at some point?

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 28 October 2017, 17:56:06 »

Ive yet to change an omega exhaust where the cat to centre box bolts have come out. Had to drill them every time, which isn't easy when laid under the car with little room to move around.
Having said that,I have never taken one to have someone lese do it for me - yet.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 28 October 2017, 19:59:51 »

you was unlucky. :'(

in all the years I fitted exhausts, I never once used an angle grinder,,, blue spanner O yes, air chisel, air saw, and big hammer.
Hoof'land storeman.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 28 October 2017, 20:04:40 »

you was unlucky. :'( clumsy

in all the years I fitted exhausts, I never once used an angle grinder,,, blue spanner O yes, air chisel, air saw, and big hammer.

FTFY :y

Angle grinder isn't the tool of choice for exhaust work(that's the hot spanner), but if it's all you have..........

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 28 October 2017, 20:07:39 »

Rubbish!

the bolts harden, due to the continued heating and cooling of the system,   quality drill bits help.

my own personal way, I know nickw, will shout, I remove the downpipes to drill them out, as I don't have access to a blue spanner at home, but do have use of one at work if I really need too.
Hoof'land storeman.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 28 October 2017, 20:09:43 »

you was unlucky. :'( clumsy

FTFY :y

Angle grinder isn't the tool of choice for exhaust work(that's the hot spanner), but if it's all you have..........

we call it the blue spanner.
Hoof'land storeman.

neil74

• Intermediate Member
  • newport
    • 2.6 elite estate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 29 October 2017, 18:44:18 »

I tried to drill out the studs on my exhaust but i gave up in the end and then I struggled to remove the cats too. but I wish that I never had to replace the damn cats as they sound tinny as hell  >:(.

terry paget

• Omega Baron
    • 3 Astras 2 Vectra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 29 October 2017, 19:40:12 »

I tried to drill out the studs on my exhaust but i gave up in the end and then I struggled to remove the cats too. but I wish that I never had to replace the damn cats as they sound tinny as hell  >:(.
The cat on one of my 2.5s rattles too, but it still passes MOTs on emissions so I guess it still works.
As said before, it is worth persevering with undoing the screws holding centre section to cat section; it saves so much time and aggravation. I have not had a failure in 10 years, using heat and patience.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 29 October 2017, 19:50:04 »

Well I've fitted four ETS exhausts on various Omega's and used the rubbers supplied on the first two and they've failed in that time frame (picked up by my local MOT man) after that I just refitted the GM ones - no problems. Maybe they changed suppliers at some point?
My experience more or less matches what you have experienced. Both ETS and Eternal supply really low quality rubber hangers. IME, the shitty old ones tend to last longer than the provided ones, assuming they are not badly knackered.
Grumpy old man

DrAndyB

• Neston / Cheshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 05 November 2017, 11:06:29 »

Thanks all for advice.

I shall order the ETS one from the Bay of Flea and may see if I can get a respected independent garage to pop new one on for a few quid, but I may try soaking the bolts first, give them a warm and see if they will move as I did get some plusgas.

Assume the whole 3.0V6 kit is OK for the 2.5V6 (no changes in middle sections).

This I believe is the one of choice ?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VAUXHALL-OMEGA-B-SALOON-3-0-208HP-1994-2001-Silencer-Exhaust-System-/150810088414?hash=item231cfb53de

Also, looks like delivery is free  :y

Thanks for advice.
Andy.

DrAndyB

• Neston / Cheshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 05 November 2017, 15:14:34 »

This I believe is the one of choice ?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VAUXHALL-OMEGA-B-SALOON-3-0-208HP-1994-2001-Silencer-Exhaust-System-/150810088414?hash=item231cfb53de

Just ordered it now  :y

Quick crawl under car and front bolts look surprisingly clean  :D  Proof of the pudding, is in the Plusgas I guess and give a bit a clean to make sure  :y

She was blowing ever so slightly from one of the middle silencers, and I can see more wadding if I look up tailpipe and I pulled a piece of rusty metal out of it !!!!!!!!! :D :D

Guess its time for the old girl to have new one after 10+ years !

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 05 November 2017, 19:02:36 »

Many years ago I decide not to do my own exhausts, thus avoiding muck on the face in the eyes etc. Anything else mechanical I'm game for. :y

steve6367

• Omega Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 06 November 2017, 08:29:19 »

Must be variable Nick, my new ETS rubbers disintegrated in short order so I popped the 10 year old GM's back on.
2.2 CDX Estate (broken), 2.5 CD Salon, 2.5 CD Estate LPG

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 06 November 2017, 19:00:54 »

Ordered one from Eternal,supposed to have been delivered today by DPD,got home to find that despite the option to leave it with any of my neighbours they'd taken it away again and are going to deliver it again tomorrow,when I still won't be in as I'll be at work,so who knows if/when/how I'll get it.Meanwhile 3 of the 4 cat flange bolts came out,the 4th sheared >:(

terry paget

• Omega Baron
    • 3 Astras 2 Vectra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 06 November 2017, 22:37:19 »

Ordered one from Eternal,supposed to have been delivered today by DPD,got home to find that despite the option to leave it with any of my neighbours they'd taken it away again and are going to deliver it again tomorrow,when I still won't be in as I'll be at work,so who knows if/when/how I'll get it.Meanwhile 3 of the 4 cat flange bolts came out,the 4th sheared >:(
Was that using heat, or just Plusgas? Good luck drilling the 4th out.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 07 November 2017, 07:37:20 »

They were all done using a propane powered blowtorch,that last bolt just wasn't having any of it and sheared instead >:(

terry paget

• Omega Baron
    • 3 Astras 2 Vectra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 07 November 2017, 14:05:35 »

I wonder what exhaust shops do. Does anybody know?

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 07 November 2017, 14:18:58 »

The first thing they try is to burn them out with the oxy-acetylene torch. This always works, so there is no second attempt.
Any exhaust that is fitted over suspension components is cut off the same way.

terry paget

• Omega Baron
    • 3 Astras 2 Vectra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 07 November 2017, 15:46:41 »

The first thing they try is to burn them out with the oxy-acetylene torch. This always works, so there is no second attempt.
Not clear how they 'burn' them out. Do you mean they raise to bright red heat, then punch them out?

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 07 November 2017, 17:22:24 »

Not clear how they 'burn' them out. Do you mean they raise to bright red heat, then punch them out?
That works ;)

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 07 November 2017, 18:21:48 »

I have mentioned that before.
Bear in mind that it's only DIY that attempts to undo seized/damaged bolts or screws with a dose of the latest miracle oil.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 07 November 2017, 18:59:01 »

All I have to do now is get my hands on the new system.Despite being informed twice where to deliver it DPD tried yesterday to deliver it to my home address instead and left a card to say they'd try to deliver it again today.They were then told once again where it should be delivered to,got home today no new card left to say they'd been or left it elsewhere and it didn't arrive where it was supposed to go,so I haven't a clue where it is >:( Tried their track my parcel bit and all that tells me is that they have it at their Lincoln depot but that was dated 4th November so last Saturday!

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 08 November 2017, 18:54:22 »

Finally got it :y They delivered it to my next door neighbour,not to where it was supposed to go,but at least it's here.Will fit it tomorrow,another step nearer the M.o.T. re-test.

DrAndyB

• Neston / Cheshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 09 November 2017, 13:38:06 »

Finally got it :y They delivered it to my next door neighbour,not to where it was supposed to go,but at least it's here.Will fit it tomorrow,another step nearer the M.o.T. re-test.

Interested how you get on fitting.  :y

I maybe tempted to get local independent garage over road from where I work to fit mine now and get them to MOT as well. 

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 09 November 2017, 19:37:40 »

When I first opened the box I saw two pieces of "extra" pipe,didn't know what they were for until I noticed that the centre pipes were "short" so the two "extras" were for length to reach the back box[hope that makes some kind of sense]the whole lot seemed very good quality-for all I know about exhausts :D-Using nuts/bolts on all the cat flange holes I loosely fastened the system in place to make sure all was clear of hitting anything else etc. and although the system came with new hangers[and a small tin of exhaust paste]I've re-used the hangers that were already on the car as they were in good condition with no cracks etc. evident.Once I was happy that all was where it should be it was just a case of tightening all the bolts/clamps etc. A brief run up of the engine brought no rattles/knocks and a nice quiet exhaust note,so I'm happy at that.All in all very easy to do-apart from that one cat flange bolt shearing.

DrAndyB

• Neston / Cheshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 10 November 2017, 15:49:59 »

Mine arrived today.  Not he Clamshell  :'( but looks identical to the GM one on there - 2 x complete middle bits (No Extra lengths as right lenght  :y) and the twin pipe 3.0 back box.

Local garage said would put it on for me for £15 !  I may take him up on that to same me crawling under it :)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 10 November 2017, 16:20:17 »

Be rude not to at that price :o

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 10 November 2017, 17:28:46 »

Mine arrived today.  Not he Clamshell  :'( but looks identical to the GM one on there - 2 x complete middle bits (No Extra lengths as right lenght  :y) and the twin pipe 3.0 back box.

Local garage said would put it on for me for £15 !  I may take him up on that to same me crawling under it :)
Bite his bloody hand off. ;D

DrAndyB

• Neston / Cheshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 10 November 2017, 18:29:29 »

Bite his bloody hand off. ;D

Yep  :y  His hand and arm are now missing  as I chewed it off !! :y  Thought it was a no brainer at that price so I have booked her in for next week for them to do exhaust and MOT.  Chap on desk said he used to work at Vauxhall and he got all excited that I had an Omega !

They service our company Vans, and he know I work for them, so he has an incentive to look after me :)

Will report back  :y

DrAndyB

• Neston / Cheshire
    • View Profile
Re: New Exhaust - Just want to check before I leap in !!!!!!! (UPDATE)
« Reply #45 on: 14 November 2017, 19:13:14 »

All is done  :)

Garage did a great job and MOT.  I now have 13 months MOT  :y

New ETS Exhaust good fit as well.  Two of the bolts at front were bastards, so I am glad I didn't tackle it.  ;D.  All rubbers were fine so left me the ETS set still in the bag for me  :o and they disposed of the old exhaust for me - all for £15 fitting  :D

She sounds pretty good as well.  A little raspy which I understand will sort itself out as a bit of soot beds into exhaust  :y but she does has a nice growl again from what I remember of the original GM Exhaust when new.  The Replacement GM one I had fitted a few years ago did soften the Growl but its back with the ETS system now so I am happy  :)

13 Months MOT and a V6 Growl  :D :D :D :D

neil74

• Intermediate Member
  • newport
    • 2.6 elite estate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 14 November 2017, 21:00:38 »

I'm still waiting for mine to quieten down as the soot/muck builds up as the noise is really annoying.

terry paget

• Omega Baron
    • 3 Astras 2 Vectra
    • View Profile
Re: New Exhaust - Just want to check before I leap in !!!!!!! (UPDATE)
« Reply #47 on: 14 November 2017, 22:31:21 »

All is done  :)

Garage did a great job and MOT.  I now have 13 months MOT  :y

New ETS Exhaust good fit as well.  Two of the bolts at front were bastards, so I am glad I didn't tackle it.  ;D.  All rubbers were fine so left me the ETS set still in the bag for me  :o and they disposed of the old exhaust for me - all for £15 fitting  :D

She sounds pretty good as well.  A little raspy which I understand will sort itself out as a bit of soot beds into exhaust  :y but she does has a nice growl again from what I remember of the original GM Exhaust when new.  The Replacement GM one I had fitted a few years ago did soften the Growl but its back with the ETS system now so I am happy  :)

13 Months MOT and a V6 Growl  :D :D :D :D
£15 well spent.

DrAndyB

• Neston / Cheshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 14 November 2017, 22:34:13 »

I'm still waiting for mine to quieten down as the soot/muck builds up as the noise is really annoying.
:y
Mine only does about 1000 miles a year ( this year MOT annual mileage was 800 miles  :D) so mine may take a while  :y

Hopefully she will get there, and maintain the V6 growl I now have back after it was lost for a few years with I think the 2nd GM Stealer exhaust  ;)

No complaints with the ATS one, and 3.0 one fitted my 2.5 like a charm  :y

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 15 November 2017, 07:41:53 »

Had I found someone to replace mine for £15 I'd have let them do it,however my eternal one is on sounds nice so happy days,just need to sort some tips out to "finish" the system off nicely.

neil74

• Intermediate Member
  • newport
    • 2.6 elite estate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 16 November 2017, 00:26:29 »

Same here if I could have found some to do the job cheap it would have saved me the hassle of doing the pig of a job.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 18 queries.