Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone remember when.............  (Read 2222 times)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Anyone remember when.............
« on: 30 October 2017, 20:04:13 »

Poppy day was a few days culminating in Remembrance Sunday

Halloween was end of Oct

Bonfire night and fireworks were 5th Nov or nearest Saturday

Christmas was a few days at the end of Dec.

Now they all seem to last weeks and weeks
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

STEMO

Re: Anyone remember when.............
« Reply #1 on: 30 October 2017, 20:11:57 »

Yes, and they all overlap. In Asda today I didn’t know whether to buy a poppy, some treats for tomorrow, some fireworks or a Christmas pudding.

STEMO

« Reply #2 on: 30 October 2017, 20:13:40 »

........or an Easter egg.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 30 October 2017, 20:15:11 »

Yes, and they all overlap. In Asda today I didn’t know whether to buy a poppy, some treats for tomorrow, some fireworks or a Christmas pudding.

buy a Christmas pudding in the shape of a poppy that goes bang,made of choclate, covers all bases, but not pc, I fear.
Hoof'land storeman.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 30 October 2017, 20:16:43 »

;D

Yep. I got two knitted poppies, sweets that turn childrens mouth black ( not permanently) and a luxury xmas pudding ( cant get those in Spain). Couldn't find any Easter eggs except Cadburys Halloween eggs.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

STEMO

« Reply #5 on: 30 October 2017, 20:19:43 »

;D

Yep. I got two knitted poppies, sweets that turn childrens mouth black ( not permanently) and a luxury xmas pudding ( cant get those in Spain). Couldn't find any Easter eggs except Cadburys Halloween eggs.
When you’ve finished with your poppies you can unravel them and knit someone a pair of earwarmers for Christmas. Yorkshire thinking, there.  ;D

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 30 October 2017, 20:40:43 »

You could always tell when Christmas was over-usually on Boxing day-when the adverts appeared on telly for summer holidays,but yes these days every "occasion" just seems to blur into the next one.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 30 October 2017, 20:54:38 »

;D

When you’ve finished with your poppies you can unravel them and knit someone a pair of earwarmers for Christmas. Yorkshire thinking, there.  ;D

I will list them on Spanish ebay as Gaudi style artwork.

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 30 October 2017, 22:47:41 »

On Saturday I was in a French supermarket.

No sign of Christmas stuff whatsoever. Say what you like about the French they do a lot of things right in my book. Nice calm family orientated Sundays. Kids are generally well behaved and respectful. Good things like food and wine are important. They ignore the EU stuff that they don't like, and embrace the EU stuff that they do like (our pen pushing lot embrace it all) . . . . . 
“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 31 October 2017, 17:19:30 »

How about a lit rocket for the little shits that come banging on the door tonight?
Grumpy old man

STEMO

« Reply #10 on: 31 October 2017, 18:50:45 »

How about a lit rocket for the little shits that come banging on the door tonight?
I think we’ve had 20 or 30 so far. All perfectly polite, and very grateful for a small bar of choccie.
I could live for another 1000 years and I still don’t think I’d be as miserable and cynical as you.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 31 October 2017, 19:04:45 »

I think we’ve had 20 or 30 so far. All perfectly polite, and very grateful for a small bar of choccie.
I could live for another 1000 years and I still don’t think I’d be as miserable and cynical as you.

That sounds like you have already lived for 1000 years. :)

I know you are an old fooker but even so........

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 31 October 2017, 19:05:48 »

No sign of Christmas stuff whatsoever. Say what you like about the French they do a lot of things right in my book. Nice calm family orientated Sundays. Kids are generally well behaved and respectful. Good things like food and wine are important. They ignore the EU stuff that they don't like, and embrace the EU stuff that they do like (our pen pushing lot embrace it all) . . . . .

Yeah, but they are still French.  ;) ;D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

« Reply #13 on: 31 October 2017, 19:24:32 »

That sounds like you have already lived for 1000 years. :)

I know you are an old fooker but even so........
Sometimes it feels like it  ;D

raywilb

• Omega Knight
  • york
    • DS DS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 31 October 2017, 23:16:32 »

where I live a neighbour wont be putting an decorations up or any lights , no need the numties haven,t taken them down from last xmas ( end of October ) ;

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 01 November 2017, 10:19:40 »

Yeah, but they are still French;) ;D

Well yes, there is that

But, I'm Welsh, and Welsh and Frogs get on quite well, until the issue of the Welsh archers at Agincourt comes up  ::)

“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 18 queries.