Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: V70 problem  (Read 705 times)

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
V70 problem
« on: 06 November 2017, 19:28:02 »

I've asked this elsewhere[should've known better]and got no answers.On odd occasions the revs[at tickover]on my V70-a phase 1 2.4L n/a petrol-will vary up and down by a couple of hundred revs or so,I understand this is the electronic throttle module which needs repair.However when it's not exhibiting these symptoms acceleration from cold is quite hesitant/slightly jerky.Could this also be down to the ETM or do folks on here think I'm also looking at a separate problem?When a little warmer it doesn't seem to suffer this hesitancy.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
Re: V70 problem
« Reply #1 on: 07 November 2017, 09:02:50 »

Its worth a check clean of the throttle module but, also have a good scan for air leaks (damage to servo hose, pipe off, breather hoses etc) as both symptoms can be attributed to throttle module or an air leak.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
Re: V70 problem
« Reply #2 on: 07 November 2017, 19:05:28 »

I've heard no air leak type noises but I'll certainly check closer,could be a good call about the breathers as I know the PCV system is quite prone to blocking on these so I'll check that out too.Will probably still send ETM off[once I get the Omega through the M.o.T.] to have it converted to contactless as a belt and braces approach.Thanks for the other tips though and I will follow them up :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 18 queries.