Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Rarer than an Omega  (Read 4710 times)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: Rarer than an Omega
« Reply #30 on: 24 November 2017, 10:08:06 »

A mate had a hatchback pre frog eyed one, and it was a nice enough place to be a passenger.  His was underpowered, though I forget which engine it had, and we've long since lost touch  :'(. The low power and heavy car made it a less satisfying car to drive.

Bro had a proper Grandad for a while, Mk2 2.8i Ghia, which was a very nice car to driven around in in its day, and went well (by the then standards). It was just too unreliable, so he replaced it with a Chavalier SRi 130, which as we know was bombproof.
Ive had a few them as well, plus the younger 1.8, 8 Valve jobbies, really used to love my ones, you use to have to rag the revs and get them in the right gear to shift properly, but once you mastered that they were really nippy, even by today's standard, not bad for a little 115/130 Bhp lumps.  :y

The one I really would have liked was the Cav 2.0 GSi, think they were 150Bhp from memory, but after a time used to see most of them parked up on the Hard Shoulders   :(  :-\

I have several GSi Cavs, all courtesy of Vx as worked for a GM group company. We were supposed to hand them back with less than 9k - so they could go out via Network Q. I “accidentally” forgot with one of mine and got a phone call from the fleet manager demanding I took mine back - it had 25k on when it went  :-[ unfortunately the replacement was a Cav Turbo, which was basically a GSi 4x4 with the turbocharged red top engine. Went like stink, but was what’s called in the trade a “misbuild”, and had to be brought upto the correct spec by a dealer. They had fitted LHD headlights and seats in the factory! It wasn’t that reliable either, the 4WD system kept failing and would default to FWD - which was fun

Ah yes..... Memories. I remember wanting the Calibra Turbo. I still think it looks great. :y
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 18 queries.