Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: so the children can build snowmans  (Read 5410 times)

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
Re: so the children can build snowmans
« Reply #30 on: 14 December 2017, 13:44:10 »

I'm surprised in this mad world, the PC brigade hasn't insisted that its 'Snowperson'   ::)

The rug-muncher that runs our local primary school would insist snowman alternated every other day with snow-woman! :(
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 14 December 2017, 13:49:00 »

I'm surprised in this mad world, the PC brigade hasn't insisted that its 'Snowperson'   ::)

The rug-muncher that runs our local primary school would insist snowman alternated every other day with snow-woman! :(

Additional carrot required, then, and probably some broccoli, seeing as I don't believe Brazillian snowmenpersons are a thing. ::)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 14 December 2017, 13:53:43 »

Hang on we could be getting into difficult territory. The LBGT community will need to be fairly represented. No carrots or broc and clothed so as not to offend. Might be better to build igloos.

https://news.sky.com/story/worcestershire-makes-igloo-with-washing-up-bowl-and-snow-11167800
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 14 December 2017, 16:02:15 »

Gender non specific snow feature is the new phrase. We may laugh, but unless something changes, our grandchildren will speak like that all the time.  :'(
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

« Reply #34 on: 14 December 2017, 16:05:29 »

Gender non specific snow feature is the new phrase. We may laugh, but unless something changes, our grandchildren will speak like that all the time.  :'(
Scary, isn’t it? When I get old(er), I’m gonna make it my business to act a little deranged while spouting all kinds of racist and sexist language. Alf Garnet will be resurrected!

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 14 December 2017, 16:08:26 »

So you've just been practising for the last 10 years or so ?  :P
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

« Reply #36 on: 14 December 2017, 16:12:06 »

Fick off, Paddy.  ;D

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 14 December 2017, 16:14:46 »

Wen they lernt me at skool, they taught me about the "assumptive male", where you said "he" to stand for "he and/or she". It saved unnecessary tiresome repetition and was not intended to exclude women, just to make life easier and not get into the ridiculous phraseology that you just indicated, Albs.
Can we have our sanity back, please?

Ron.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 14 December 2017, 16:36:55 »

Scary, isn’t it? When I get old(er), I’m gonna make it my business to act a little deranged while spouting all kinds of racist and sexist language. Alf Garnet will be resurrected!

Scouse git.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 14 December 2017, 17:11:27 »

Fick off, Paddy.  ;D

The prosecution rests m,lud.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 15 December 2017, 18:09:49 »

Didn't matter what the weather was you went to school simple as that.Quite a few times in winter you'd get there and the teachers would say "The heating boiler has broken down,you can keep your coats on".
You softie, we couldn't even do that on the frequent times our school boiler didn't work...   ...it appeared it wasn't able to function if it was cold.
The secondary school I went to had a shit load of those temporary Terrapin buildings for classrooms. Those that had to suffer them will recall the parafin heater in the corner were a bugger to get going in cold weather, and had to be turned off after about 30mins because of the fumes.

And still no coats allowed ;D
Grumpy old man

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 15 December 2017, 19:30:28 »

One of ours mysteriously burnt down one night.  ::)

I saw this great glow in the sky and was rejoicing that the place had gone up. It was only one hut. Not surprising, really, the rest of the school was either concrete or metal. Nothing to burn. Of course, not even any insulation in those days as tree huggers weren't a thing. ;D
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 15 December 2017, 20:29:09 »

I saw this great glow in the sky and was rejoicing that the place had gone up. It was only one hut. Not surprising, really, the rest of the school was either concrete or metal. Nothing to burn. Of course, not even any insulation in those days as tree huggers weren't a thing. ;D
One of ours collapsed one day. Just fell like a deck of cards :o

Fortunately no class was in it, but did cause minor injuries to a couple of lads who were near it.
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 15 December 2017, 22:13:12 »

Fortunately no class was in it, but did cause minor injuries to a couple of lads who were pushing it.
That'll learn you :o
Onanists always think outside the box.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 16 December 2017, 09:49:55 »

Fortunately no class was in it, but did cause minor injuries to a couple of lads who were pushing it.
That'll learn you :o
At that school, it wouldn't surprise me if some of the lads had caused its demise.  But not me, I was on the 3rd floor of the proper, brick building next door overlooking it, with a fantastic view, and saw all but the very start of it (or the end, as it was just a cloud of dust and shite).

As said, fortunately no class in there at the time, as I'm sure it would have resulted in multiple serious injuries.
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 19 queries.