Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Parking fine help...  (Read 2965 times)

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
Re: Parking fine help...
« Reply #15 on: 04 January 2018, 17:54:05 »

Put a post on pepipoo and see where it leads you, very good advice on there  ;)

They will tell you when and how to respond and when not to.

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • 2000 (W Reg.) 2.5 V6 CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 04 January 2018, 20:37:31 »

Once again thanks for all your input 👍

We will see what happens. The "solicitors" that it's now been passed to are registered with the FCA so I called them. They said because it's a non regulated charge I should go to the Credit something agency. I'll talk to them tomorrow.

I suppose the other option is taking a trip to mk and hurting some people 😂😂😂

(That was a joke)
RIP Paul Lovejoy

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 05 January 2018, 10:03:16 »

Just hold on to the evidence you have and ignore it. I'd say it's unlikely that you'll hear any more once they realise you aren't going to cave in.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 05 January 2018, 10:30:24 »

When I received my latest (and hopefully last) speeding fine the vehicle registration on the paperwork was wrong, showing an 'F' instead of an 'E'. I paid the fine with no quibbles but was curious how I would have stood regarding the wrong letter.
I went on PepiPoo and enquired if this was worth raising as a technicality, as the wrong letter was on the officers booking slip as well, so all of the paperwork carried the wrong letter. I should add that I was stopped at the scene so there was no denying that it was me in my vehicle.
I was advised that if it went to court, the court would overlook the wrong letter as a slight admin error, calling it the 'slip rule'. 
Surely in this case your wife made a slight admin error, so she should be able to use the 'slip rule' if it goes any further. After all, if it's good enough for the courts to use that as an excuse then surely your wife can use it in reverse.
The fact is, you paid for a space and can prove it in court so what more do they want. This is all an admin bullshit exercise on their part. What would their claim be?
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • 2000 (W Reg.) 2.5 V6 CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 05 January 2018, 14:53:04 »

Thanks YZ. I'm going to wait for a reply but I've got loads of ammo now
RIP Paul Lovejoy

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 05 January 2018, 15:40:32 »

When I received my latest (and hopefully last) speeding fine the vehicle registration on the paperwork was wrong, showing an 'F' instead of an 'E'. I paid the fine with no quibbles but was curious how I would have stood regarding the wrong letter.
I went on PepiPoo and enquired if this was worth raising as a technicality, as the wrong letter was on the officers booking slip as well, so all of the paperwork carried the wrong letter. I should add that I was stopped at the scene so there was no denying that it was me in my vehicle.
I was advised that if it went to court, the court would overlook the wrong letter as a slight admin error, calling it the 'slip rule'. 
Yes, because the registration of the car is irrelevant to the actual offence. For speeding the driver commits the offence, not the car. Unless you are able to cast some doubt as to the identity of the driver or the reliability of the officer, then the reg doesn't matter. You state "no denying that it was me in my vehicle", and no doubt they'd have called the rozzer to identify you if you had tried anything on.

Surely in this case your wife made a slight admin error, so she should be able to use the 'slip rule' if it goes any further. After all, if it's good enough for the courts to use that as an excuse then surely your wife can use it in reverse.
The fact is, you paid for a space and can prove it in court so what more do they want. This is all an admin bullshit exercise on their part. What would their claim be?

I agree, but you still need to be careful. This is civil contract law, not criminal. Different rules apply and it can get expensive to prove your innocence if you don't play the game correctly.  They can try to claim the the contract your wife entered into when parking there required her to first enter the reg-no. She didn't do that (correctly), so the contract is void, and she therefore parked there without the terms of the contract, and signs say doing so require the payment of a squillion quid. Barking I know, but these parking companies are scam artists of the worst kind and will do anything they can to screw over people.

STEMO

« Reply #21 on: 18 January 2018, 06:54:48 »

Any further updates on this?

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 18 January 2018, 12:25:09 »

Did he opt for their parking awareness course? If so, he is probably in their correctional Gulag in darkest winter Siberia right now. :o :o :o
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 18 January 2018, 12:44:57 »

It will be just waiting game now to see if they take it any further.

I`m still waiting for UKCPS to take me to court, although I think the e-mail from York City Councils head of parking might have deterred them a bit  ;D
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 18 queries.