Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Charity Dinners  (Read 10865 times)

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
Charity Dinners
« on: 24 January 2018, 17:47:10 »

Charity dinners and lunches are often very sport orientated, with a guest speaker and a comedian. I've been to a few (NOT at The Dorchester). General they do tend to be very "Male" and on at least two occasions I have found the "comedians" to be sexist, racist, and homophobic. I don't consider myself a prude and I enjoy a dirty joke as much as anyone, but I have felt very very uncomfortable and even shocked. The problem is, that these events bring in a lot of cash. The same laddish behaviour behind the gropes and the jokes, leads to ego driven bidding in the charity auctions.

It should be possible to hold these events and be in tune with modern attitudes, still raise the cash, and still have a good time.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-42801178

“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

STEMO

Re: Charity Dinners
« Reply #1 on: 24 January 2018, 17:53:05 »

Modern attitudes piss me right off. Look at this nonsense

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-42776454

What next, Hamlet at the theatre royal with subtitles?

When you have a disability, you should accept that some things are not doable. But ‘modern attitudes’ say that you must be able to do them. PAH!

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 24 January 2018, 18:16:59 »

Well Great Ormond Street Hospital and Evelina London Children's Hospital can't be that hard up if they can afford to return the money raised by this event, and as I read the article previous donations as well.  :-X

RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

2boxerdogs

« Reply #3 on: 24 January 2018, 18:40:56 »

Should have called it a " Gentleman's Evening" been to a few emergency services ones over the years  where things got far more " energetic" than last night's reported fiasco.

STEMO

« Reply #4 on: 24 January 2018, 18:52:46 »

They can pass as many laws as they like, or brainwash the snowflakes as much as they like, but they won’t stop me saying exactly what I think. And, if anybody is offended, then my work is done. Tw*ts.
It sounds as though it was a good do.  ;D

powerslinky

« Reply #5 on: 24 January 2018, 19:08:44 »

An undercover, do gooding journalist . . . .says it all  IMO  >:(

From the report that I saw, this person was the only one complaining.  ::)

« Last Edit: 24 January 2018, 19:10:15 by Essex Big Al »

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 24 January 2018, 19:12:57 »

The people who organised the event specifically wanted attractive young women wearing a skimpy black dress and matching knickers.

They then suggest these women should be 'friendly' with a bunch of wealthy middle aged men and make them feel important.

Is anyone really surprised that with the booze flowing things didn't exactly turn out 'politically correct'

78bex

• Omega Knight
    • 2.2 CD AUTO / FAZER 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 24 January 2018, 19:17:12 »

The paid female journalist doing the rounds was asked. "what was the worst that happened to you" she answered by saying; "while in a converstion with one of the guests he suddenly grabbed my hand"  :o The journo`s went looking for a story & found one.
As usual everyone will fall nto line & be equally as shocked  :P

STEMO

« Reply #8 on: 24 January 2018, 19:18:30 »

The people who organised the event specifically wanted attractive young women wearing a skimpy black dress and matching knickers.

They then suggest these women should be 'friendly' with a bunch of wealthy middle aged men and make them feel important.

Is anyone really surprised that with the booze flowing things didn't exactly turn out 'politically correct'
£200 is a bit much for an evenings ‘waitressing’. I think they knew it would be a bit more than that.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 24 January 2018, 19:23:23 »

£200 is a bit much for an evenings ‘waitressing’. I think they knew it would be a bit more than that.

Yep......there was nothing stopping the powers that be hiring a bunch of toothless old crones for minimum wage. :)

This would have cut down on 'wandering hands'

STEMO

« Reply #10 on: 24 January 2018, 19:24:29 »

An undercover, do gooding journalist . . . .says it all  IMO  >:(

From the report that I saw, this person was the only one complaining.  ::)
Oh no, Al.......’multiple’ women told her they were assaulted.  ::)

Call me a man old fashioned, but the ones who complain loudest, like the one in Parliament today, are always the ones who I would say to “Don’t worry, love, there’s not much danger of you being sexually assaulted “.  ;D

STEMO

« Reply #11 on: 24 January 2018, 19:25:54 »

No comments on the deaf woman? Am I being unfair to her?

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 24 January 2018, 19:28:34 »

Been to a range of gentleman's evenings and they have varied from 'sports club' ones with strippers and very blue comedians where the standards of misbehaviour were to ALL as expected including the female entertainment so a good time was had by all. The other end of the spectrum has been formal 'black tie' ones where there is a known implied etiquette where if you misbehaved you would be asked to leave and excluded from that circle of people. The important part is the organisers letting all concerned who are attending the evening know what the expected standards of behaviour are. :y :y :y

Current attitudes of some SJW feminists with their mock outrage at the slightest thing will end up with the West being like Muslim countries where woman cover themselves from head to foot and congregate in separate designated areas. Years a go I went to an Asian friends family celebration and all there men were on one side of the room and the women on the other, when I asked why I was told ingrained traditions and taboos. Some women need to be careful for what they wish for.

Just before Christmas I went for a drink in London where I deal with a company. The owners were paying and we went from a pub to a vodka bar with waitress service. The waitress was standing next to the person ordering and he reached behind her to tap the shoulder of the person the other side to get his attention and what he wanted to drink. About 10 seconds later this American SJW feminist thing walked up to him and accused him of crowding and touching the waitress, when he said it was nothing of the sort she would have none of it, so he asked the waitress if he had behaved inappropriately, she said no, you didn't even touch me. When I left about an hour later this SWJ feminist thing was still in a heated discussion with him. :( :( :( Personally, I wouldn't have been that patient before telling her to get out of my face and to fade away. :-X :-X :-X
« Last Edit: 24 January 2018, 19:30:34 by Rods2 »
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 24 January 2018, 19:29:12 »

No comments on the deaf woman? Am I being unfair to her?

Pardon.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 24 January 2018, 20:30:19 »

This journo woman was on Jeremy Whine today and said that some of the women weren't enjoying themselves, but admitted that plenty of them were enjoying the party.  ::)  In the video in the BBC article she says that a lot of the hostesses had worked at that event before...

This womans actions have caused an organisation that over 30 years has raised £20 million for children's charities to shut down overnight.  >:( 

I hope that she is proud of herself!  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 18 queries.