Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: stalled  (Read 4598 times)

grifter

• Paisley, Scotland
  • Omega Baron
    • Omega 2.6 CD / Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
Re: stalled
« Reply #15 on: 19 March 2018, 20:14:41 »

If Fuse 19 is advising MAF, then I would be looking there before anywhere else. Unplug the MAF and see if the symptoms change.

Is there a guide for doing this?

Can you read the live values for air flow and the learnt values for mixture?

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 20 March 2018, 00:24:10 »

If by a guide you mean, "unplug it and see if anything changes..." then yes, there's a guide ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.

grifter

• Paisley, Scotland
  • Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 20 March 2018, 06:45:58 »

If by a guide you mean, "unplug it and see if anything changes..." then yes, there's a guide ;)

No, how to actually change it lol :)! I found it anyway but cheers

Got to take scuttle off again bummer, is there anything on this car that doesn't require that bloody scuttle removed?

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 20 March 2018, 07:02:43 »

No, how to actually change it lol :) ! I found it anyway but cheers

Got to take scuttle off again bummer, is there anything on this car that doesn't require that bloody scuttle removed?

????
The MAF is attached to the air filter housing, behind the drivers headlight.

deviator

• Omega Knight
  • Chesterfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 20 March 2018, 09:56:49 »

I don't mean to be rude, but if you don't know what a MAF looks like or where it is, I'd probably get some help.

Anyway, as well as the above suggestions, look for split pipes (air to plenum) and split vacuum pipe end. Also, it is worth checking the throttle body to see if it's gunked up.
FCR and cam lock off kit available. Deposit maybe required. Contact me.

grifter

• Paisley, Scotland
  • Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 20 March 2018, 10:48:21 »

I don't mean to be rude, but if you don't know what a MAF looks like or where it is, I'd probably get some help.

Anyway, as well as the above suggestions, look for split pipes (air to plenum) and split vacuum pipe end. Also, it is worth checking the throttle body to see if it's gunked up.

It's no prblem i know where it is. I just put that all back together last year after doing timing belt. Everything looks fine but will check agsin. If i dont see anything obvious what is next step with maf?

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 20 March 2018, 11:25:40 »

It's no prblem i know where it is. I just put that all back together last year after doing timing belt. Everything looks fine but will check agsin. If i dont see anything obvious what is next step with maf?

if you had the tech, tools and experience you could examine how well it is functioning.

As you don't have those, disconnect the electrical connector on the MAF, and drive the car. This will put the EML on, but if the actual problem is no longer present then buying a quality new MAF is your next step.

But you're already breaking the first rule of diagnosis by not going back over the work you did before the fault.

grifter

• Paisley, Scotland
  • Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 20 March 2018, 18:11:19 »

if you had the tech, tools and experience you could examine how well it is functioning.

As you don't have those, disconnect the electrical connector on the MAF, and drive the car. This will put the EML on, but if the actual problem is no longer present then buying a quality new MAF is your next step.

But you're already breaking the first rule of diagnosis by not going back over the work you did before the fault.

If you mean the timing belt work, that was done about a year ago and have checked this area multiple times, and once more tonight.

Going by this advice I unplugged the maf multi plug (the one under the left air intake bagpipe thing right?) and the car struggled to start and when it did the gearbox seemed to lock into a high gear and it wouldn't move. So I guess that didn't work either. I then plugged it back in and the car ran fine.

I have a friendly contact in the AA who has said that he can check it. I don't know if this will give a diagnosis or just codes, but it won't hurt, my 2nd option is a guy who does tech2 near Glasgow. I will take it there and see what if anything they can find as this is doing my brain in now.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 20 March 2018, 19:49:29 »

Presumably the fuel pressure regulator vacuum line is still connected to the bottom of the throttle body?
Onanists always think outside the box.

grifter

• Paisley, Scotland
  • Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 20 March 2018, 19:59:07 »

Presumably the fuel pressure regulator vacuum line is still connected to the bottom of the throttle body?

That is the pipe that comes along the middle of the banks and plugs up the way into the body, if so yes I've checked all the vac lines all around there and on the multi-ram bits as well.

grifter

• Paisley, Scotland
  • Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 25 March 2018, 20:08:49 »

The plug that goes onto the maf (i think) was broke, i knew about this but it still slotted it quite firmly, is now tie wrapped tight into the plug & loanbehold the light on dash (eml) is now out!

grifter

• Paisley, Scotland
  • Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 16 April 2018, 21:40:34 »

The plug that goes onto the maf (i think) was broke, i knew about this but it still slotted it quite firmly, is now tie wrapped tight into the plug & loanbehold the light on dash (eml) is now out!

Nope I had the plug off the throttle sensor I think so no wonder it wasn't working. Anyway the fault cleared - for a while - now it is back on. I will take off the MAF plug this time and see what happens.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 18 queries.