Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: NI to stay in the EU to Solve to the Border Issue  (Read 2117 times)

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
NI to stay in the EU to Solve to the Border Issue
« on: 28 February 2018, 17:38:30 »

NI stays under EU Control and then the EU Border becomes the barrier between NI and the rest of UK.

Pretty much 'In a Nutshell' is whats been proposed Today by the EU in their First Draft Brexit Agreement Release.  :D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43228161

« Last Edit: 28 February 2018, 17:47:18 by zirk »

STEMO

Re: NI to stay in the EU to Solve to the Border Issue
« Reply #1 on: 28 February 2018, 17:46:10 »

And totally rejected by TM.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 28 February 2018, 17:46:50 »

Wont happen, trust me.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 28 February 2018, 17:53:25 »

I think the EU need to google "Ireland" and read for a little while. Well, it'd be a start. ::)

.. not that I can think of any better solutions other than not reading the news for a couple of years. ;D
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 28 February 2018, 17:59:43 »

I can. A wall toped with an electric fence. Its an unfriendly foreign country - Fack em.  ;D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

« Reply #5 on: 28 February 2018, 18:00:02 »

I'm not saying it's not a good idea, along with reinstating Hadrians Wall, just saying it won't happen.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 28 February 2018, 18:02:39 »

We can still dream though.  :D

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 28 February 2018, 18:05:29 »

I think the EU need to google "Ireland" and read for a little while. Well, it'd be a start. ::)

.. not that I can think of any better solutions other than not reading the news for a couple of years. ;D
You haven't heard Their Plan B yet, Move Gibraltar to Ireland and Vice Versa.  ;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 28 February 2018, 18:07:42 »

My guess in on a BRINO rather than a BREXIT.

As things stand we seem to be getting 'a good kicking' from our European friends.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 28 February 2018, 18:15:40 »

Put Jacob in charge.  :y............and banish Corbyn to Siberia.  ::)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 28 February 2018, 18:17:04 »

You haven't heard Their Plan B yet, Move Gibraltar to Ireland and Vice Versa.  ;D

You're right. They've gone all quiet on their "solution" for Gibraltar.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 28 February 2018, 18:19:23 »

EU & Eire posturing that will never happen. As I've said before the UK need to nothing as the issue is cheap ROW goods flooding through NI into Eire and then mainland Europe while not paying punitive EU import duties. If they want to build a wall to stop the trade, let them, but it FUBARs Eire politicians one Ireland plan which IMO is a good thing. :y

EU goods flooding into the UK will not be a big problem as ROW FTAs means EU goods will be undercut and we won't want them. :y :y :y The way the UK has been stitched by the EU Commission over CAP and CFP UK quotas where it has always been on the basis of 1% to the UK and 99% the other EU countries is now going to end. :y :y :y There are going to be a very large number of very unhappy European farmers and reduced (with UK leaving) EU Commission CAP budgets due to the reappearance of surpluses and food mountains. 8) 8) 8)  Big crisis comes to mind. ::) ::) ::) Justice done at last to the greedy thieving barstewards and why we have such a large balance of payments problem with the EU but are in surplus with the ROW. :( :( :(
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 28 February 2018, 18:34:42 »

The UK/Eire border has always been very porous for smuggling. No-one has cared before so why start worrying about it now ?
As long as it isn't porous to large numbers of people or terrorist activity, then nothing changes.
If it is, then the UK Govt. must retain the right to protect its citizens, as  the first duty of any Govt.

Unless the EU start making some sensible compromises, I can see a No deal scenario being the end result. Maybe they are hoping for that and gambling on the resulting chaos in the UK bringing down the Govt. and then they could walk all over Corbyn and stitch us up properly and permanently ?
« Last Edit: 28 February 2018, 18:45:13 by Migv6 »

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 02 March 2018, 07:51:12 »

The UK/Eire border has always been very porous for smuggling. No-one has cared before so why start worrying about it now ?
As long as it isn't porous to large numbers of people or terrorist activity, then nothing changes.
If it is, then the UK Govt. must retain the right to protect its citizens, as  the first duty of any Govt.

Unless the EU start making some sensible compromises, I can see a No deal scenario being the end result. Maybe they are hoping for that and gambling on the resulting chaos in the UK bringing down the Govt. and then they could walk all over Corbyn and stitch us up properly and permanently ?

I am thinking the same.  Banking on this government falling and inertia coming into play it is human nature to NOT want change. It is why so manybad marriages continue despite both knowing deep down a split would be for the best.

We havent even had Gibraltar yet. The EU gave Spain a veto so that may well end upbeing the crux. Spain offered last week to operate Gib airport jointly moving forward as it is on disputed land.

We have May speaking today but I bet no specifics .
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 02 March 2018, 09:50:58 »

Boris was on the money the other day when he said that technology is the solution to the Irish border.  Inevitably though the Leftie/Remoaner crowd get all outraged and throw the baby out with the bathwater whenever Boris speaks, so don't (or don't want to) hear the message!  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 04 March 2018, 17:05:43 »

Apparently when Comrade Corbyn was making his speech last week in support of Britain entering a customs union with the EU, Carwyn Jones the First Minister of Wales (Labour) was in the US talking up the opportunities of a post BREXIT UK/US trade deal.  :y

After Corbyn's speech he had to change his tune, and was extolling the virtues of trade negotiations being held at European level.  ::)  ;D

http://brexitcentral.com/labours-brexit-betrayal-no-surprise-corbyns-hunger-power-knows-no-bounds/

RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 18 queries.