Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Forum censorship  (Read 8068 times)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: Forum censorship
« Reply #30 on: 29 May 2018, 13:00:20 »

You're a shouty lot on here, you wanna try a bit of decorum...like me.

There is no such thing as a quiet scouser.........unless he has just been shot. :)

Scouse women do 'gobby' better than anyone else in the world. :) They lead the world in this.

John-Ha

• Bristol
    • Omega 2.2 CDX TDI Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 29 May 2018, 13:01:00 »

I challenge "inoffensive".
As I indicated during the thread, I consideredsome of your comments to be a personal attack on me, and to a lesser extent to others and if the thread had not been locked by Admin, i was about to complain to our glorious leader and to ask him to apply sanctions: a step that I have never taken before, despite some nasty comments elsewhere.

I am pleased to note that it has already been done - thanks, Admin.  :y

Ron.

Ron

Please tell us all what you found so offensive that you felt you needed to report it. 

It was you who called me "Chicken Little" ...

I have sent you a message asking you to let me know what you found offensive. 

I guess that, if you don't reply you will, on reflection, have realised that nothing was offensive.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 29 May 2018, 13:02:50 »

It's a free world, if I say or do something that upsets a snowflake, never mind move along,

I know what is right and I know what is wrong, my opinions may upset you, it's mine not yours.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will not hurt me....
Hoof'land storeman.

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 29 May 2018, 13:03:25 »

I've deleted the whole thread.

In my opinion, and with the support of another Moderator, the whole thread is getting out of hand.

End of!
I like red cars

STEMO

« Reply #34 on: 29 May 2018, 13:03:32 »

You're a shouty lot on here, you wanna try a bit of decorum...like me.

There is no such thing as a quiet scouser.........unless he has just been shot. :)

Scouse women do 'gobby' better than anyone else in the world. :) They lead the world in this.
Hang on a mo.......that's racist. I'm appalled and disgusted at your comments. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 29 May 2018, 13:04:57 »

Repugnant is a pretty strong word. ::)
In the past, threads which discuss controversial subjects have got completely out of hand and caused chaos on the forum.
To my knowledge, admins came close to pulling the plug and walking away, as it became a major disruption to their lives.
Perhaps this is why, from your perspective, locking the thread seemed a tad oversensitive and premature.
Those of us who remember (and were involved in) the "bad old days",  probably understand the reasoning a bit better.
There was a very long (and argumentative) thread on the same subject several years ago. although it caused problems, I think it would be worth your while to search it out and read it.
The reason being, there was quite a lot of serious input, with many useful links, which put the opposite point of view to yours.
We have been here before.  ;)
In my opinion, the only cronies Auto addict might have would be at the local bowls club. He certainly doesnt have any on here. Very few people on here would know him from Adam.
I believe at least part of the reason you have come up against resistance in your posting is that you come across as someone who knows what is right and true, and give the impression that anyone who disagrees only does so because they arent as clever as you.
I also believe that this is the very same reason that Lizzie has run into so much trouble, so many times, over the years on OOF, but I doubt she will ever consider that possibility.
This soon turns threads into a competition to win the argument, rather than a reasoned discussion.

Yes, GUILTY.  ;D ;)

Because I am a rather strong person, like the rest of the female line on my mothers side, and have been well educated with the added vital element of life experience, that included very long family discussions on politics and history involving a mother, father, two brothers and a sister, who, each held different political allegencies and studied, like me, at Uni. I have my view points, but actually LOVE good quality counter arguments and miss that all now. The OOF cannot be a satisfactory platform for such debate, as I have found out, for various complicated reasons, but when they happen - like with the recent excellent debate with 'Check my Science' - I still twitch and are soooo tempted to fully join in! :D

I think the OOF is just a great opportunity for some of us with complex subjects to discuss, but then it can all go horribly wrong as in the past.  It is the real humour that we used to read that I now really miss :y

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 29 May 2018, 13:08:17 »

With me in the world everything gradually got better  ;D ;D ;D ;). But, yes, it was a black & white Britain up to about 1965 when colour in all things started to win through. 8) 8)

Were you a flower power hippy chick Lizzie?  :)

I was Sir Tigger 8) 8) ;D   Then from 1970 I was a Rock chick ;D :y

Ooooohh..............I have a mental image forming in my mind. :-* :-* :-*

Yes, a true follower of Led Zeppelin if that helps. :-* :-* :D

From memory 'rock chicks' were well endowed young ladies who seemed to enjoy wearing clothes that barely covered their ample assets, being one or more size too small. ;) :-* :-*

Now, now Opti :o :o. I think it is time you found a dark room with some cold water, as even at your youthful age all this will do you no good! ;D ;D ;D :-*

deviator

• Omega Knight
  • Chesterfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 29 May 2018, 13:14:28 »

I think you are dishonest.
I shorten the quote not to hide anything, but because reading a quote of a quote of a quote is difficult. You didn't specify what you meant by 'free', yet when I define what I mean, I'm being dishonest, double standards? You may think I am dishonest, that is your opinion and you are entitled to it. What I think of you is not important.

There is a whole internet out there, may I suggest you find a part of it that doesn't offend/censor your angry temprement.

Or taking the posts above in mind, switch off your computer and enjoy a year of self love.
FCR and cam lock off kit available. Deposit maybe required. Contact me.

John-Ha

• Bristol
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 29 May 2018, 13:22:47 »

In my opinion, and with the support of another Moderator, the whole thread is getting out of hand.

End of!
The thread had been locked!

Could you give any examples of other threads having been deleted.

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 29 May 2018, 13:24:49 »

I have written to the moderator requesting that my final post be reinstated - I await to hear.

It appears to me that the moderator favours his "cronies" and censors anyone who disagrees with his "cronies".  I have flagged this post to the moderator asking for a response.

See Re: Check my science..... at http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=142627.msg1860387#msg1860387

I have do not have any 'cronies' on here for your information.

There are certain members on here that I regard as close friends, i.e. fellow Mods.

I like red cars

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 29 May 2018, 13:25:39 »

End of!

No.
I like red cars

STEMO

« Reply #41 on: 29 May 2018, 13:28:05 »

End of!

No.
Quite right.

John-Ha

• Bristol
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 29 May 2018, 13:28:34 »

It really does seem to me as though there is a clique of bigots here who are not man enough to be challenged!  And it then seems as though the moderators side with them.

Allenm

• Milton Keynes
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 29 May 2018, 13:32:47 »

seriously - this is tedious - hit the delete account button and move on!

STEMO

« Reply #44 on: 29 May 2018, 13:35:43 »

It really does seem to me as though there is a clique of bigots here who are not man enough to be challenged!  And it then seems as though the moderators side with them.
Breaking news: No one gives a toss how things seem to you.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 18 queries.