Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Online passport application -pretty good service  (Read 1220 times)

redelitev6

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
Online passport application -pretty good service
« on: 28 June 2018, 15:17:32 »

Renewed my Passport by the new fangled service -you take your own picture , upload it to your online application form and send your old passport back , the whole process worked well , got the new passport back 10 days after I submitted the application and as an added bonus it was nearly £10.00 cheaper than the paper form application , good result all round  :y

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Online passport application -pretty good service
« Reply #1 on: 28 June 2018, 18:05:16 »

I was talking to a friend (UK Born) a few weeks back that tried renewing online, he got a letter from them saying he would have to come in for an Interview and bring in any Proof of Identity to proceed, no explanation as to why, but he is guessing its due to hes earlier Passport running out over 9 years ago.

Anyway off he goes into London for the interview, and gets asked all sorts of questions, including Employment Status, Tax and NI details, driving Licence info etc, the sort of stuff you would expect but then came some really awkward questions that he was struggling to answer due to his age, some included, where did he take his driving test and can you remember the name of the Instructor, address of first job, Name of first Doctor and address of the GP, any Uncles, Aunts and or Nephews that have died or moved overseas, Countries that you visited that have required a Visa, Armed Forces or applications to MOD type jobs, Post Office, Telecom Government Job applications, School and College details, Dentists, Unemployment details since starting work, and so and so.

Cut a long story short he did up up with his new Passport but said, you would not believe what info these guys have on you or kept over the years.  :o   

« Last Edit: 28 June 2018, 18:10:02 by zirk »

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 28 June 2018, 18:15:41 »

I renewed mine in February after a friend whinged about how unhelpful the online application was when she tried to do hers. So I went to the Post Office on Saturday lunchtime, filled in the form, had some photos done in the booth and handed over £75. The new passport arrived on Wednesday, and the cancelled one the following day. My mother's arrived in a similar time, and she can make gravity seem complicated!

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 28 June 2018, 20:44:38 »

Don't you have to get someone 'of note' to to verify your photo any more?  :-\

I remember getting my first dark blue passport when I was about 18 and got my Dad's mate who was a JP to sign the back of my photo.  :)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

redelitev6

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 28 June 2018, 22:56:57 »

Don't you have to get someone 'of note' to to verify your photo any more?  :-\

I remember getting my first dark blue passport when I was about 18 and got my Dad's mate who was a JP to sign the back of my photo.  :)
That's why you have to send off your old passport , so they can do a comparison , no doubt if there was a discrepancy questions would be asked

Keith ABS

• Omega Baron
  • Maldon Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 29 June 2018, 07:12:38 »

Did my renewal online. Very quick and easy :y

Keith ABS

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 29 June 2018, 07:45:56 »

My passport ran out something like 2yrs ago.Can't see me bothering to renew it.Only ever used it twice anyway.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 18 queries.