Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Hillsborough  (Read 6702 times)

STEMO

Re: Hillsborough
« Reply #45 on: 03 July 2018, 08:28:51 »

And, just one more thing, I don't think that anyone should be charged with manslaughter because, as you say, the was no intention to harm. The charge should be the equally serious one of perverting the course of justice.

2boxerdogs

« Reply #46 on: 03 July 2018, 08:56:16 »

I will just agree to differ , it is obvious you have led a very sheltered life.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 03 July 2018, 09:24:04 »

My thoughts are that many who are "baying for justice" are just types that have a dislike for Police for one reason or another , an agenda which I personally have no time for.

My Dad was in the police a long time ago ( a B special to be precise), my lifelong best friend spent 25 years in the police, his wife was a divisional commander. I don't have a problem with the police, but like most police officers and right thinking people, I reserve a special loathing for bent coppers. They are worse than your common or garden criminal.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

« Reply #48 on: 03 July 2018, 10:43:59 »

I will just agree to differ , it is obvious you have led a very sheltered life.
Yep. It was very sheltered in the back streets of Liverpool, and for the time I was in the army in the early seventies. Albs puts it very well, bent bastards in any public service should be despised by those both inside and outside of the service. For every member of the lynch mob baying for blood, as you put it, there is someone trying to defend their despicable behaviour and citing stress or some such shite.
Just because people do a difficult job, it doesn't absolve them when they break the law.

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 03 July 2018, 11:56:27 »

Bent coppers were pursued with dogged vigour and dignity by the families despite thwarting attempts and lies from every public office involved but they got the truth in the end.

The talk of cost is appalling, if they hadn't bloody lied and smeared it would have been done and dusted yonks ago, it took a multi million pound inquiry to get the slithering and lying bastards to admit they covered up, had they threw their hands up earlier and not hid behind the old boys network there would have been no cost, mistakes that cause deaths are forgivable, lies are not. 

I'm not eager for manslaughter charges either but how what occurred after the event can sit comfortably with anyone is absolutely beyond me !
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 03 July 2018, 12:24:34 »

Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 03 July 2018, 16:13:18 »

Are you actually that cold ?

I suppose they aren't bereaved parents are they, just after a bit of compo and all that, they will be made up really won't they

FFS ! :o >:(
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

STEMO

« Reply #52 on: 03 July 2018, 17:13:59 »

Are you actually that cold ?

I suppose they aren't bereaved parents are they, just after a bit of compo and all that, they will be made up really won't they

FFS ! :o >:(
I think he was being sarcastic.  :P

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 03 July 2018, 18:07:56 »

Sorry Jon I didn't mean it to come across that way at all  :-[ STEMO  is right. I was being sarcastic from the perspective of - its another person in a position of care / authority apparently found to be doing terrible things. Should those who now pursue her for what she did be accused of a witch hunt etc.  :y

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 03 July 2018, 18:44:28 »

Bent coppers were pursued with dogged vigour and dignity by the families despite thwarting attempts and lies from every public office involved but they got the truth in the end.

The talk of cost is appalling, if they hadn't bloody lied and smeared it would have been done and dusted yonks ago, it took a multi million pound inquiry to get the slithering and lying bastards to admit they covered up, had they threw their hands up earlier and not hid behind the old boys network there would have been no cost, mistakes that cause deaths are forgivable, lies are not. 

I'm not eager for manslaughter charges either but how what occurred after the event can sit comfortably with anyone is absolutely beyond me !

I don't think that anyone is saying that they are comfortable with the cover up and I agree with those who say that those involved should be ruthlessly hunted down and charged with perversion of the course of justice or any other relevant charges.

However, charging those who made fatal decisions on the day with manslaughter does smack of a witch hunt and finding scapegoats. For some here this is clearly personal and I am far removed, but I believe people made decisions based on the information they had and the developing situation they were confronted with. 

Fatal mistakes were made for sure, but I don't believe anyone knowingly sent 90 odd people to their deaths.
« Last Edit: 03 July 2018, 18:58:56 by Sir Tigger QC »
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

New POD

• Miseryside
    • NEED MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 03 July 2018, 19:09:09 »

They are accused of being were criminally negligent, lied about it , falsified evidence and officers statements ,blamed victims for their own deaths, those deaths their poor decision making caused whilst in a position of responsibility.

Yeah...it most definitely is in the public interest and most certainly for 96 families

I have edited your statement because I absolutely believe you are right, but I want the rule of law to be upheld. These people are innocent until PROVED beyond reasonable doubt in a court of law that they are guilty. I want these people to have a fair trial, and when the evidence* is presented they have the opportunity to present a defense and the Jury and the Judge, will have no excuse not to find them guilty beyond doubt.

I don't want them to defend themselves by being able to point out it's a witch hunt.

*Luckily there's enough evidence in the public domain, presented at the inquest(s) in warrington, that suggests, that those responsible will get what they rightly deserve.

New POD

• Miseryside
    • NEED MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 03 July 2018, 19:16:38 »

With the mob baying for blood, does anyone think that this guy will get a fair trial?  ???  :-\  ::)

It's one thing to make a mistake, and compound that mistake because you are not prepared for the carnage that results from your errors.

It's another to lie about it.

Had those people in charge, had the moral fibre to admit their failings, then they would have been seen as "just" grossly incompetent.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 18 queries.