Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Breaking Omegas??  (Read 3302 times)

M-Tek Performance

• Intermediate Member
  • Hull
    • View Profile
Breaking Omegas??
« on: 14 August 2006, 11:09:39 »

What do these tend to break for?

Say a 2.0 GLS / CD, a 2.5 CDX / Elite and a 3.0 Elite??

just rough estimates on how much you'd get back on them etc?

thanks.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
Re: Breaking Omegas??
« Reply #1 on: 14 August 2006, 11:15:41 »

Should be able to get 3-400 quid plus on a CDx /Elite....particularly on a 98 onwards one.

M-Tek Performance

• Intermediate Member
  • Hull
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14 August 2006, 11:18:32 »

hmmmmm

could do with more tbh, to make the project worth while...

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • RS4, BMW X5, Range Rover
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/Markiescarparts/149306545168993
« Reply #3 on: 14 August 2006, 14:11:54 »

well, im on my third breaker - and if you have the time i maintain you well get £1000 per car

Rover 200 vi bought for £350 - broke at £1500
Rover 214 sei Bought for £120 - broke so far £680 - still got the complete engine/box/alloys/leather/all external panels
Omega 2.5 CDX bought for £300 inc private plate - Not really started breaking it but already got £170 for just rear blind/ cd changer/ head unit/ few internal switches.

MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount

Paul M

• Omega Knight
  • Edinburgh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 14 August 2006, 22:56:06 »

Hey mate I noticed your CDX breaker on ebay! I was searching for nearby Omegas breaking and what do you know... :-?

Just so happens to be in the right colour too... I'm looking to replace the driver's door, dreaded broken off check strap so it's probably cheaper and easier to replace the door than to try and fix it. Is the door in good nick, both in terms of rust and check strap? Also how much work to get it working in my car, with the side airbags etc?

If you'd rather leave the door on until the car is ready to scrap that's fine, just let me know and I'll wait.

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 14 August 2006, 23:19:10 »

Paul mate -  it posesses the crack of doom too :o and its the one door that is terrible so its realy not worth anything to anyone probably wont even remove it!!
MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount

MartinP

• Dudley
    • BMW 320D
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 14 August 2006, 23:28:17 »

Me, I just price most things at a tenner and sell to people on here. I didn't need to recover much to be in profit.

Saying that though, the shell is in 10 pieces now and I will try to get a local Pikey to part with £25 to cart it away.  ;)
« Last Edit: 14 August 2006, 23:29:32 by issunaz »

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 14 August 2006, 23:32:22 »

and i will do similar on here for the members - but when it goes on ebay.......its up to market forces

after all to use Mr McB`s word " i am a buisness man"  :)

seriously though if i can help people on here of course the prices will be better  ;)

M-Tek Performance

• Intermediate Member
  • Hull
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 15 August 2006, 09:13:38 »

Hmmmm,

Interesting - will need ro recoup some costs to spend on the project, as it will be a long term one i think lol.

things like engine, ecu, gearbox etc will be worthless to me ;)

Paul M

• Omega Knight
  • Edinburgh
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 15 August 2006, 21:31:19 »

Paul mate -  it posesses the crack of doom too :o and its the one door that is terrible so its realy not worth anything to anyone probably wont even remove it!!

Typical LOL... saying that mine is way past the crack of doom, the check strap just goes into a big hole in the door and doesn't actually do anything! Oh well cheers anyway, if you come across a decent one give me a shout.

BTW are the centre boxes any good, and genuine? I guess they're probably not worth swapping, but worth a look. Need to get rid of that drone on mine  >:(

Cheers.

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 16 August 2006, 10:53:01 »

Typical LOL... saying that mine is way past the crack of doom, the check strap just goes into a big hole in the door and doesn't actually do anything! Oh well cheers anyway, if you come across a decent one give me a shout.

BTW are the centre boxes any good, and genuine? I guess they're probably not worth swapping, but worth a look. Need to get rid of that drone on mine  >:(

Cheers.
will have a look paul - i will have the other rover away in thw next fortnight and then i can really rip up the omega.....if only the inside was not so bad i may think about fixing it up.....but theres more profit in breaking her

both cats are gone so i think some of the crap may have gone through the mids - but will look

by the way mate - never yet got round to replacing my mv6 twins with something else - but your still first refusal - if your still looking when the time comes around!!

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 16 August 2006, 10:54:13 »

oh and everyone....

started selling some omega stuff on ebay - just basics so far from this car

PLEASE if your on here dont buy my stuff through ebay thats the joe public price

mates rates for forum members  ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 16 August 2006, 21:37:26 »

Markiec, did you manage to sort out tweeter cover and the Rover switch - I know its been a busy time for you over the last week or so, so no hurry.
Grumpy old man

Paul M

• Omega Knight
  • Edinburgh
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 16 August 2006, 23:45:38 »

will have a look paul - i will have the other rover away in thw next fortnight and then i can really rip up the omega.....if only the inside was not so bad i may think about fixing it up.....but theres more profit in breaking her

both cats are gone so i think some of the crap may have gone through the mids - but will look

by the way mate - never yet got round to replacing my mv6 twins with something else - but your still first refusal - if your still looking when the time comes around!!

OK mate cheers, yeah I'm in no real hurry as this exhaust will probably last about 5 years (unfortunately!) it's just too damn loud. But I can't bring myself to spend £250 on replacing it with a new system when the one that's on it hardly has a bit of rust :(

BTW Sorry to hear about your Rover... I know what it's like to spend loads of time and effort on a car, I had my first one for years and upgraded most of the car to the top-spec parts myself. So I realise it's about so much more than money, I was quite sad to see that car finally sold even after I'd stopped using it and left it parked up for over a year! Best of luck with finding the scumbags  >:(

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 17 August 2006, 09:25:59 »

Markiec, did you manage to sort out tweeter cover and the Rover switch - I know its been a busy time for you over the last week or so, so no hurry.

Tweeter cover yes i have  I PROMISE i will get it away within 24 hours!!!

No joy on the rover switch as i currently dont have the bubble shaped one ( the stolen one) to check if the previous wedge shaped switches fit) All my current switches seem to be from pre 1996 cars but i will keep looking

« Last Edit: 17 August 2006, 09:26:42 by Markiec »

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 17 August 2006, 09:27:21 »

OK mate cheers, yeah I'm in no real hurry as this exhaust will probably last about 5 years (unfortunately!) it's just too damn loud. But I can't bring myself to spend £250 on replacing it with a new system when the one that's on it hardly has a bit of rust :(

BTW Sorry to hear about your Rover... I know what it's like to spend loads of time and effort on a car, I had my first one for years and upgraded most of the car to the top-spec parts myself. So I realise it's about so much more than money, I was quite sad to see that car finally sold even after I'd stopped using it and left it parked up for over a year! Best of luck with finding the scumbags  >:(

Cheers Paul thanks for the support  :)
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 18 queries.