Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: A wee story  (Read 6267 times)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: A wee story
« Reply #30 on: 25 August 2006, 23:36:06 »

Andy B

Looks like we are going to be on either side of no mans land over this..
Probably. We often hear & see tales where the one rule for us and another rule for you is used.

As was said before in this 'wee story' it's just one incident but if the boot was on the other civilian foot I think we would be walking or cycling to work.
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/25082006/325/police-officer-guilty-driving-159-mph.html
MY last comment on it - honest!

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • RS4, BMW X5, Range Rover
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/Markiescarparts/149306545168993
« Reply #31 on: 26 August 2006, 08:03:04 »

Ouch this seems to be the subject of split views this one....

Hotel 21 - do like your style and the story - was brought up with father in Polis as you know and as your probably equally aware....Police always seem to have mates in the force round there houses ( well they did in the olden days lol) so i grew up with lots of Police "Uncles" This was brilliant for me as back then they brought the company car home for tea and i always got to sit in it ( not now i bet!!)

So i do know where your coming from, problem is a lot of people dont interact with the police on a daily basis to see there just "people". Then when they do they invariably have done something wrong so are hit in the pocket, or they are a victim of crime and associate the police as the perputrators of that crime. And yes i have partly done this myself recently with my car theft.

Think really the police need to take all the "serving the people" type slogans off there cars and change it to something like " dont shoot the messenger" As often people to attack them wrongly.

Good story this though and interesting thread....folks lets not make this personal though!!
« Last Edit: 26 August 2006, 08:03:57 by Markiec »
MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 26 August 2006, 10:53:54 »

It probably is annoying that burgularies etc do not seem priority for police, and most of police we see day to day are traffic police or camera operators...

As I've previously said, I have never had any problems with being stopped, even if the 'Evening Mr Mansell' jokes are crap.  And the coppers are usually genuinely nice people doing a respectable job.

We all know the hassles Markiec had getting the police to turn up after his car was nicked - and its this part of the force that aggrevates me. Its not the coppers themselves, but the system. Not enough plod, and too much beaurocracy. Trouble is, petit criminals know this, so petit crime (probably) increases, knowing there is little chance of getting caught  >:(
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 19 queries.