Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: new car search over, bye bye v6 cdx  (Read 4158 times)

Bacon Butty Man

• Cleveleys Nr Blackpool
  • now own a Laguna 2
    • View Profile
new car search over, bye bye v6 cdx
« on: 31 May 2009, 12:58:09 »

found this
http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/uvl/popup.jsp?currentaction=searchresults&e2w=20672&max_pr=3000&sort=5&did=4991&partner=TMG&postcode=fy7%206rp&max_records=200&dropdowntype=uvl&configfile=http://dealerservices.autotrader.co.uk/dealers/4991/4991_config.xml&searchsrc=msl&miles=1&modelexact=1&lid=search_used__full&source=2&csslocation=http://dealerservices.autotrader.co.uk/dealers/4991/4991&id=200922335184688&distance=0
before all the french jokes start :-/, its a very nice car, suits all my needs economy, space, room for the 2 mutts, stylish, sporty, newer, more sensable for my needs now, they offered me 500 for the mig, sad to see it go tho.
its on ebay now for 600 bin, offer still stand for omega owners, if i trade the mig in the stereo system will be removed, changer and stereo/phone head unit and will be offered up on here.
tbh i do like the styling of the Laguna. also the insurance said i would get a rebate of £172 less the admin fee, so cheaper on insurance also

my Rover 75 Club SE

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
Re: new car search over, bye bye v6 cdx
« Reply #1 on: 31 May 2009, 13:10:01 »

Those 1.8 16v units are reasonably reliable, and quite economical if you're careful - but, not the most refined and short gear ratios.

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #2 on: 31 May 2009, 13:11:12 »

found this
http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/uvl/popup.jsp?currentaction=searchresults&e2w=20672&max_pr=3000&sort=5&did=4991&partner=TMG&postcode=fy7%206rp&max_records=200&dropdowntype=uvl&configfile=http://dealerservices.autotrader.co.uk/dealers/4991/4991_config.xml&searchsrc=msl&miles=1&modelexact=1&lid=search_used__full&source=2&csslocation=http://dealerservices.autotrader.co.uk/dealers/4991/4991&id=200922335184688&distance=0
before all the french jokes start :-/, its a very nice car, suits all my needs economy, space, room for the 2 mutts, stylish, sporty, newer, more sensable for my needs now, they offered me 500 for the mig, sad to see it go tho.
its on ebay now for 600 bin, offer still stand for omega owners, if i trade the mig in the stereo system will be removed, changer and stereo/phone head unit and will be offered up on here.
tbh i do like the styling of the Laguna. also the insurance said i would get a rebate of £172 less the admin fee, so cheaper on insurance also

interesting ..today we were also in the car bazaar looking for this model for a friend..but their prices so close to BMWs.. ::)

nick v6

• Omega Baron
  • walsall / west midlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 31 May 2009, 14:32:49 »

if you do have one of those there are a few things to be carefull about

firstly the dash can be a bit dogdy

secondly on the wheels there are air presure sensors
which break very easily and i have known people swop wheels round and mess's it up
on the dash it will say flat tyre on the front left and its on the rear right etc etc

there is a colour coded ring around the valves and in the hand book it will tell you what colour goes to which corner

apart from that there nice cars :y
just need to tax the tank now:)

Del Boy

• Omega Queen
  • Kent, UK.
    • 2012 '62' BMW 730d MSport
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 31 May 2009, 15:10:48 »

Nice cars, pretty much as Nick said reliability wise, lot of money though  :o
Drives: 2013 (13) BMW 530d M Sport Touring, 2011 '61' BMW 520d SE.

Bacon Butty Man

• Cleveleys Nr Blackpool
  • now own a Laguna 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 31 May 2009, 17:53:53 »

i have just paid the deposit, i took it for a second test drive, drives really well, ak there arent as many toys but i like the half lether interior, the stereo looks a but crap but it dont half sound good, i am pleased with the price, i got him to extend the warrenty by 9 months to 12 for cost. ok i know a lot of the time its not worth it but its a little extra piece of mind, the car is absolute mint and is nice.

my Rover 75 Club SE

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 31 May 2009, 18:38:32 »

Thank god you didnt get a diesel one, have a habit of running on their own oil and self destructing turbos!

Petrol ones are rated quite highly :y
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

Del Boy

• Omega Queen
  • Kent, UK.
    • 2012 '62' BMW 730d MSport
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 31 May 2009, 18:50:56 »

Looks nice though  :y
Drives: 2013 (13) BMW 530d M Sport Touring, 2011 '61' BMW 520d SE.

Bacon Butty Man

• Cleveleys Nr Blackpool
  • now own a Laguna 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 31 May 2009, 19:05:56 »

Thank god you didnt get a diesel one, have a habit of running on their own oil and self destructing turbos!

Petrol ones are rated quite highly :y

was looking at a diesle yesterday, just missed it, then we found this one, lucky find i rekon, funny tho, when i first showed the missus the car on the net, she dint like it, but a week later i just mentioned i liked this one when we were looking on the lot, hmmm thats nice she said, i dint have the heart to say it was the same one i showed her the week before ;D ;D

my Rover 75 Club SE

Kieran

• Dorset
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 01 June 2009, 14:55:46 »

Personally can't stand Renaults

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 01 June 2009, 15:04:05 »

Not a fan but, enjoy it.

They do have lots of electrical niggles and the wiper arms seem to spin on the splines quite often.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 18 queries.