Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: C/L Solenoid Changed...  (Read 1917 times)

Lizzie_Zoom

C/L Solenoid Changed...
« on: 03 June 2009, 14:32:34 »

First of a number of jobs for the next week when I have time.

Once I had worked out how I could 'swing' the door catch assembly from inside its mounting bolts on the n/s front door, the actual replacement of the c/l solenoid took 2  minutes! 8-) 8-) 8-)

I first made the mistake at looking at the completely hopeless instructions in the Haynes manual, but quickly chucked that aside after working out I didn't have to dismantal all the locking rods to get to the mechanism buried in the door. 

Now for the front brakes........ ;) ;)
« Last Edit: 03 June 2009, 14:33:22 by Lizzie_Zoom »

Pippin

• Intermediate Member
  • Birmingham
    • Vauxhall Signum 1.9CDTi
    • View Profile
Re: C/L Solenoid Changed...
« Reply #1 on: 03 June 2009, 14:41:45 »

Well done Lizzie, it so satisfying when you get a job done isn't it.... best of luck with your brakes... :y
RoSPA Gold Advanced Driver
Trade Card Holder

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #2 on: 03 June 2009, 14:43:03 »

Well done Lizzie, it so satisfying when you get a job done isn't it.... best of luck with your brakes... :y

Thanks Pippin! :y

The brakes should be a piece of cake. ::) ::) :D :D ;)

Pippin

• Intermediate Member
  • Birmingham
    • Vauxhall Signum 1.9CDTi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03 June 2009, 14:45:19 »

Cool...i really should get round to doing a few jobs on mine...like fitting my headlight washers but am a little scared of drilling the bumper and f****** it up...
RoSPA Gold Advanced Driver
Trade Card Holder

KillerWatt

« Reply #4 on: 03 June 2009, 22:24:06 »

They are a piece of cake, no more than 20 minutes tops for both sides.

Just remember you have opposing pistons in the calipers, which means you have to remember that as you push one piston back, the opposite one will try to come out (so block it off with the old pad).

Don't forget to clean the slider pin assembly and add a touch of coppaslip to them either.

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #5 on: 03 June 2009, 22:26:02 »

They are a piece of cake, no more than 20 minutes tops for both sides.

Just remember you have opposing pistons in the calipers, which means you have to remember that as you push one piston back, the opposite one will try to come out (so block it off with the old pad).

Don't forget to clean the slider pin assembly and add a touch of coppaslip to them either.

Thanks Killerwatt :y :y

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03 June 2009, 22:30:02 »

Not at the front you don't. Sliding caliper at the front with just one piston.  ;)

You'll have GixerChris to answer to for using copperslip!  :y   :y  :y

KillerWatt

« Reply #7 on: 03 June 2009, 22:32:06 »

I forgot to add....

Don't struggle like a deranged lunatic trying to get the pad wear sensors out (you'll only break them anyway), simply push down on both ends of the spring (towards the pad) and the sensor will all but fall out.

If the sensor is already broken, it's £7 and change for the pair at Camberley Auto's.
When fitting new sensors, the same applies (push the spring down and it drops in).

Not at the front you don't. Sliding caliper at the front with just one piston.  ;)
Absolutely correct, for some reason I was envisaging the rear calipers.
« Last Edit: 03 June 2009, 22:33:55 by KillerWatt »

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #8 on: 03 June 2009, 22:34:13 »

I forgot to add....

Don't struggle like a deranged lunatic trying to get the pad wear sensors out (you'll only break them anyway), simply push down on both ends of the spring (towards the pad) and the sensor will all but fall out.

If the sensor is already broken, it's £7 and change for the pair at Camberley Auto's.
When fitting new sensors, the same applies (push the spring down and it drops in).

Thanks KillerWatt, but I already have new genuine Vx sensors to fit :y :y

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 03 June 2009, 22:35:53 »

If the sensor is already broken, it's £7 and change for the pair at Camberley Auto's. ......

I've just got a pair from Vauxhall and they're different from those I've bought in the past. The bit that clips to the pad used to be hard brittle white ceramic looking, but these are black plastic that don't seem to be as brittle hard ...... I'll know when I get the chance to fit them.

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 03 June 2009, 22:57:17 »

If the sensor is already broken, it's £7 and change for the pair at Camberley Auto's. ......

I've just got a pair from Vauxhall and they're different from those I've bought in the past. The bit that clips to the pad used to be hard brittle white ceramic looking, but these are black plastic that don't seem to be as brittle hard ...... I'll know when I get the chance to fit them.

Thats interesting .. I bought a sensor 3 weeks back ... white, brittle .. and broke it whilst changing the wishbones last week :( ... bought a new one .. also white and brittle .. but instaled it without breakage !! :)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 03 June 2009, 23:02:40 »

Thats interesting .. I bought a sensor 3 weeks back ... white, brittle .. and broke it whilst changing the wishbones last week :( ... bought a new one .. also white and brittle .. but instaled it without breakage !! :)

Mmm!? Mine were from Vx but didn't come in a hologramed poly bag  :-/

KillerWatt

« Reply #12 on: 04 June 2009, 07:04:03 »

Mmm!? Mine were from Vx but didn't come in a hologramed poly bag  :-/
That's how Vx justify the extra wonga then  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 18 queries.