Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: opinion about 2 vectras  (Read 2966 times)

matt-sboro

• scarborough
    • View Profile
opinion about 2 vectras
« on: 01 August 2009, 09:56:24 »

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230360355372&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

or

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200366521796&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

i would have to get finance to actually buy the car but im looking towards the full vxr because i need it to be something i dont get bored with and it also looks  :y

any thoughts?

Bourne

• Essex
  • Stupid tiny glovebox !
    • View Profile
Re: opinion about 2 vectras
« Reply #1 on: 01 August 2009, 10:05:23 »

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230360355372&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

or

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200366521796&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

i would have to get finance to actually buy the car but im looking towards the full vxr because i need it to be something i dont get bored with and it also looks  :y

any thoughts?
My thoughts are to forget them both.Buy something you can afford & save up for what you really want. Work out what it'll actually cost you over the finance period & what the car will be worth after you've paid it off!

matt-sboro

• scarborough
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01 August 2009, 10:26:34 »

im only after an opinion lads - no one has any thoughts on what they would buy or vectras in general?

Martin_1962

« Reply #3 on: 01 August 2009, 11:20:36 »

Err they are Vectras :-/

Can't see why people like them

Bent valve

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01 August 2009, 11:27:30 »

Agree. Vectras are crap. Ask Jeremy Clarkson. If I were you I would buy my CDX estate, it dosent leak oil and has no mechanical issues. Absolute bargain at £375  :) Stick the wheels on off your old motor and keep the rest for spares  :y :y :y
 http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1248943320
« Last Edit: 01 August 2009, 11:39:33 by Bent_Valve »

joshwyatt

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01 August 2009, 11:54:34 »

or

any thoughts?

I quite like Vectra's to be honest, not bad cars. I have driven a 06 plate 2.8 V6 turbo police spec one. It had been destined for the police, but never taken up by them. It was smooth and powerful...but I found one major flaw with it. It was incredibly squirmey and twitchy. Under moderate to hard acceleration it'd squirm around and you had a lot of work to control it. This was in good weather conditions. I think if you bought one you would enjoy it  but bear in mind tax is £400 a year if it's 06 plate on. The engine emits lots of Co2 so it's in the same band as the large engine 4x4's. So check reg date carefully and see if it falls into that tax band. I'd prefer the elite estate for the toys, but couldn't live with having an auto...I'd go for the VXR.

Ian_D

• Omega Baron
  • York
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01 August 2009, 12:42:37 »

Must admit, I have thought about buying a Vectra C.

Never been in one so cant comment on them though, but if I did decide to get one, I wouldn't mined the 1.9td, especially when chipped!  :D
[size=12]
LMF are utter rubbish - dont buy steering idlers from them! You've been warned![/size]

matt-sboro

• scarborough
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 01 August 2009, 14:03:10 »

thanks for the replies

after having a facelift omega i would never ever go back to prefacelift - different looking car completly and inside i would say very modern looking.

thanks for bring my attention to the tax bracket - never thought to ask.

i think i would have to source a car through a dealer now as i have deposit money tied up on a card that i cant get to unless i pay over counter and a cat c fiesta that needs the vic test before i can get that on the road and sell - thats worth 3-3.5k. good little car but doesnt suit my needs with it being a small hatchback - 2 kids and fitting boilers in spare time

webby23

• Omega Baron
  • Nottingham
  • MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 01 August 2009, 14:46:28 »

or

any thoughts?
My thoughts are to forget them both.Buy something you can afford & save up for what you really want. Work out what it'll actually cost you over the finance period & what the car will be worth after you've paid it off!

My sentiments exactly, if you cant afford it dont buy it.....especially at this time.........!!!!

Would sooner have a Mig anyways.........!!

:y
The only certainty of life is death. Live your life and enjoy it. The clock is ticking

matt-sboro

• scarborough
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 01 August 2009, 16:17:48 »

i dont have 10k lying around- doesnt mean i cant afford to have the car

i260

• Newport, South Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 01 August 2009, 21:20:41 »

c'mon guys, he's only asking for some help!

Both seem fine choices, but what do you want - comfort or road-racer?

The VXR veccy is supposed to be fab, but make sure that it is the 280bhp not the 255bhp.

Check the servicing costs of the vxr and some sample part prices (eg brakes).

The omega is, unfortunately, an ageing beast and everybody has to move on at some point.

The only Vaushall I remember Clackson liking is the Monaro - think he would have put the mig and veccy in the same boat tbh.
Saab 9-5 Aero 260ps

matt-sboro

• scarborough
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #11 on: 01 August 2009, 21:42:28 »

wow a helpfull post - only wanted opinions on the vectras!

well i dont do enough mileage in private cars to worry too much about servicing and parts costs due to only covering around 3-4k a year

spending this type of money on a car i am likely to keep for a long period i would go for the vxr due to the looks etc.

i saw a black astra estate in a vw dealer near me for 6k- auto with only 26k on the clock 3 years old but its not my first choice

i think the astra is gonna be about the best i can get with a deposit for the mony i wanna pay each month. unless anyone has any other thoughts?
« Last Edit: 01 August 2009, 21:43:03 by matt_moorhouse »

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 01 August 2009, 22:10:48 »

i see a ciggy pack in the VXR Estate, so you may have a strong smell in that car.

i260

• Newport, South Wales
    • View Profile
Re: Re:
« Reply #13 on: 01 August 2009, 23:20:53 »

wow a helpfull post - only wanted opinions on the vectras!

well i dont do enough mileage in private cars to worry too much about servicing and parts costs due to only covering around 3-4k a year

spending this type of money on a car i am likely to keep for a long period i would go for the vxr due to the looks etc.

i saw a black astra estate in a vw dealer near me for 6k- auto with only 26k on the clock 3 years old but its not my first choice

i think the astra is gonna be about the best i can get with a deposit for the mony i wanna pay each month. unless anyone has any other thoughts?

In that case I would not look at getting something so new coz your biggest single cost is going to be depreciation. I would get something for a grand or two and pay yourself the depreciation money into an account and get your dream car in a year or two - thats what I am doing. That astra will be awful - nasty seats  >:(

I would hunt out a mig elite with one elderly owner and low miles (even if it is pre-facelift) and be smug for a while the get the vxr ;) Other options are the vectra gsi's - do you really need the estate?
Saab 9-5 Aero 260ps

matt-sboro

• scarborough
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 02 August 2009, 00:14:48 »

i test drove the astra and this one had half leather sports seats - vertually fell into them i didnt realise!!

was impressed tho to be fair to the astra - very responsive for an auto.

i do need the estate because i have 2 kids 1 being a baby and also i am also a gas engineer so i need to be able to get a boiler in the back easliy when i need to
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 18 queries.