Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Legend  (Read 2966 times)

STMO123

Legend
« on: 25 August 2006, 11:47:50 »

I'm having a little bid on this. Dont think I'll get it coz I'm not going anywhere near what he wants for it...but you never know.

Anyway, have a butchers at the service history. His dates are a bit mixed up but nevertheless......

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&item=180021537832&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • RS4, BMW X5, Range Rover
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/Markiescarparts/149306545168993
Re: Legend
« Reply #1 on: 25 August 2006, 12:06:19 »

Hmmmm seeing is believing for that service history....
MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 25 August 2006, 12:08:25 »

its a Honda, why on earth has it been serviced that regually?? They should be able to do 20k easy between services

STMO123

« Reply #3 on: 25 August 2006, 12:11:13 »

Yeah, your right of course. But, on ebay, if they want to make those kind of claims and it turns out they've been telling porkies,you just walk. So, dont see why they'd do it. ;)

royston1945

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 25 August 2006, 12:23:56 »

My brother has run one of these since new in 2000,very nice drive if a bit uninvolving.no problems until about 60k miles,then a couple of engine management problems this year-a small sensor cost £600 to sort out!
He has been offered just £3500 in part ex against the new model thats just come out and his is a x-reg in mint condition with 66k and a full Honda history,so don't pay to much for an older one!

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #5 on: 25 August 2006, 12:57:22 »

Yeah, your right of course. But, on ebay, if they want to make those kind of claims and it turns out they've been telling porkies,you just walk. So, dont see why they'd do it. ;)

It says in the ad that the guy that previously owned it ran a main dealer.....I assume car dealer....so maybe the service book is full of his own stamps  :-/

Just a thought

STMO123

« Reply #6 on: 25 August 2006, 13:28:44 »

You're probably right TD, or he may have actually had it serviced because it cost him nothing ;)

STMO123

« Reply #7 on: 30 August 2006, 21:47:03 »

WOW! Didn't think it would fetch this much!

Darryl Flynn

• Durham City
  • She who must be obeyed's motor !
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 30 August 2006, 21:57:34 »

TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO    much money for a car that is nearly 10yeras old !! :o
Darryl

RonaldMcBurger

« Reply #9 on: 30 August 2006, 22:03:11 »

Worth every penny. One of the best cars ever made. If you think the Omega is nice, try driving one of these. Get a friend to confirm the engine is running, because you won't hear it inside!

With that history and mileage I would buy it. Thought about one of these several times. Top make, top quality, top reliability. Yep. great. :)

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 30 August 2006, 23:11:51 »

Worth every penny. One of the best cars ever made. If you think the Omega is nice, try driving one of these. Get a friend to confirm the engine is running, because you won't hear it inside!

With that history and mileage I would buy it. Thought about one of these several times. Top make, top quality, top reliability. Yep. great. :)

Was this not the joint engineered engine that Rover used in the 800 series Sterling, the SDi replacement?  If so, its turbine smooth, quite responsive and not that bad.  Bit outpaced now, but good in its time...

RonaldMcBurger

« Reply #11 on: 30 August 2006, 23:33:57 »

I had a Sterling 2.7 a few years back. Fantastic engine and a bag of shite car! The legend is better developed and the 3.5 was the cream on the top as far as super engineered went. Cracking lump will do 5, quintrillion miles without blinking.

Car is well amde too and the ultimate in comfort. A good close second to a decent Lexus.

How Loyal am I? Legend vs Omega? Legend every time.

Timbuk

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
  • owned a Datsun 120y once!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 30 August 2006, 23:38:27 »

How Loyal am I? Legend vs Omega? Legend every time.

Ronnie legend project 1 :- A new dawn ;D

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 30 August 2006, 23:38:55 »

I had a Sterling 2.7 a few years back. Fantastic engine and a bag of shite car! ......

I only spoke of the engine.....

Car a bag of sh*te?  Agreed.  Specifically hated the square steering wheel.  Must have had loads left over from the All Aggro (or Allegro, to those whipper snappers that don't remember it..)  Best thing about it was the three leggy birds in the back seat in the telly add   ;)

Markjay

• Omega Lord
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 30 August 2006, 23:49:22 »

Sorry guys, yes the legend is VERY reliable, well built, has fantastic engine (well it’s a Honda – engines don’t get much better than that), is luxurious and refined, BUT it is also dull to drive, very soft, and it is essentially a FWD car made to satisfy the American market. It’s a far better car to own or to be driven in than the Omega, but it does not make you smile when taking a bend the way the Omega does.

But since Japanese execs were always big success in America and a big flop in the UK (Nissan QX? Mazda Xedos? At least Toyota were clever enough to market their luxury cars under a different brand outside Japan), you can pick up a Legend for next to nothing.

You still pay Honda money on servicing, spares, and repairs! It is a little better now with importers such as Blue Print, but the prices are nowhere near Vx prices.

Alas, no more Omegas....

Darryl Flynn

• Durham City
  • She who must be obeyed's motor !
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 31 August 2006, 07:05:03 »

Top make, top quality, top reliability. Yep. great. :)
I agree with all of the above BUT it still went for far too much money
Darryl

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 31 August 2006, 07:36:30 »

the SDi replacement?  ...
It was a SD [size=14]1[/size]/one.

I was lent a Rover 2.7 for a day. You needed a football field to turn the thing around in - the turning circle was abysmal, and the torque steer meant you were fighting it all the time, particularly on roundabouts.
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 18 queries.