Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 1748   Go Down

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 2979715 times)

geoffr70

• Omega Baron
  • Sunderland
  • Boobies
    • F/L 3.0 Elite, 3.0 MV6
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #210 on: 21 May 2011, 18:06:00 »

Took the detachable towbar off the mv6 ready to put on the elite. Someone remind me never ever to take a bumper off ever again. Straightforward of course but the top fixing in the wheel arch on both sides had seized. It took ages making new brackets and fixing it back in such a way that it was visually pleasing, the bumper and wheel arch liner lined up right and all was ok. Why do they make and use such crappy and cheap fixings? I hate that. I've undersealed the holes from the towbar bolts inside and out, just got to get something to bridge the holes then will seal again. Was going to attempt a fit on the elite today but sod that now. Found someone breaking a nocturno blue elite near me so got a spare grill.
TC and BnQ Trade holder.
I'll out pull you with my caravan!
V6 locking kit available locally, with deposit.

aaronjb

« Reply #211 on: 21 May 2011, 18:20:25 »

Got the Nissan running after 8 years (success!)
Moved the V8 out of the garage and into the trailer under a tarp so they can demolish the garage in a weeks time

That's about it for today..

feeutfo

« Reply #212 on: 21 May 2011, 20:05:23 »

Today I are be mostly....

getting crap in me eye a right monk on trying to fix the nuts for the LPG tank by the petrol tank, GAWWWW was a getting hacked off with that. Tow bar fixings in the way. So it had to go slightly rearward to clear. Took longer to put two nuts on than the rest of the job put together.   >:(

Done now though. :)

Fuel lines tomorrow.  8-)

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 21 May 2011, 20:11:18 »

Guessing that means you're nearly there then... Who's got to do the electrickery for you this time... Kevin or TB? ::) ;D
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 21 May 2011, 20:11:27 »

Fitted replacement wheelarch liner (all because the original one had the bumper fixing snapped off....)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: 21 May 2011, 20:28:37 »

Trying to reset the BLMs on the MV6. Normally a 2 minutes job....   ....several hours later ::)
Grumpy old man

feeutfo

« Reply #216 on: 21 May 2011, 20:29:26 »

Guessing that means you're nearly there then... Who's got to do the electrickery for you this time... Kevin or TB? ::) ;D
Nearly ish. Can run the lines, but can't connect the tank up as some connectors to filler and outlet valves are missing. Partly my fault as I faffed around deciding what tank, so Tilo didn't know what fittings to supply. They are in the post do no biggy.

So fuel lines, lecky cable and filler. Cabin switch, vac reference, and run the rest if the loom round the engine bay and that's it. Oh and mount the injectors, they are bungied up ATM pending brackets. Apparently we don't get those rubber nuts to bracket any more?

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 21 May 2011, 20:32:01 »

Am I soldering next weekend then ::)
Grumpy old man

feeutfo

« Reply #218 on: 21 May 2011, 20:37:51 »

Well, hoping not to encroach in LD's jobs list too much. See how it goes. Is it a long job?

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: 21 May 2011, 20:41:18 »

Well, hoping not to encroach in LD's jobs list too much. See how it goes. Is it a long job?
Is it just the 4 in the relay box, the 4/5 in the gas tight box, and the switch/buzzer ones?  2hrs at most if the relay box ones don't fight back too much...
Grumpy old man

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: 21 May 2011, 20:41:39 »

It is for him :-X :-X :-X ;D ;D ;D

Don't worry too much about mine... I reckon we'll leave the Cam Belt and Water Pump and I'll do them/get them done over the summer... Important thing for me is the LPG stuff as I can't lift/bend for long enough to get it done on my own :-[ >:(

Speaking of my job list... Do you reckon I'm pushing my luck dropping the coolant and refilling with plain water the day before? Just it's got that crappy green stuff in it and I want to change to red?

Oh... And I think we've got an extra pair of hands coming up for at least 1 of the days :y
« Last Edit: 21 May 2011, 20:44:17 by Lazydocker »

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: 21 May 2011, 20:43:01 »

Nearly ish. Can run the lines, but can't connect the tank up as some connectors to filler and outlet valves are missing. Partly my fault as I faffed around deciding what tank, so Tilo didn't know what fittings to supply. They are in the post do no biggy.

So fuel lines, lecky cable and filler. Cabin switch, vac reference, and run the rest if the loom round the engine bay and that's it. Oh and mount the injectors, they are bungied up ATM pending brackets. Apparently we don't get those rubber nuts to bracket any more?

Nope... TB's were from the spares box. Mind you, those new injectors are quieter than the petrol ones so we probably don't need them TBH :-/

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: 21 May 2011, 20:44:16 »

Speaking of my job list... Do you reckon I'm pushing my luck dropping the coolant and refilling with plain water the day before? Just it's got that crappy green stuff in it and I want to change to red?
You probably water to do it daily between now and then - as drain only drops about 2l at a time...  ...though if planning doing water pump at some point, I'd do it then (still flushing through daily for a few days before to get rid of the old coolant
Grumpy old man

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: 21 May 2011, 20:46:49 »

You probably water to do it daily between now and then - as drain only drops about 2l at a time...  ...though if planning doing water pump at some point, I'd do it then (still flushing through daily for a few days before to get rid of the old coolant

I suppose as the Vx Red mixes OK I could just use that to top up when we do the conversion and then flush it when ready to do the belt/pump :-/ :-/

Last flush I did I took of the bottom hose and ran the engine with the hosepipe in the header tank for a while to flush it all out in one go ;) ;)

feeutfo

« Reply #224 on: 21 May 2011, 20:50:49 »

Is it just the 4 in the relay box, the 4/5 in the gas tight box, and the switch/buzzer ones?  2hrs at most if the relay box ones don't fight back too much...
Hopefully just the relay box stuff. Should be able to handle the other stuff.

It's cutting into the loom by the plug that gives me the willys.  :-/
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 1748   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 19 queries.