Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: dredded oil cooler  (Read 3430 times)

johnny.dee

• essex
    • View Profile
Re: dredded oil cooler
« Reply #15 on: 12 August 2006, 08:24:41 »

You could just remove the oil cooler still attached to the plate, the new oil cooler kits come with new plates.

I have already had to lightly grind the indented bits in  the lefthand camshaft housing to remove the trumpets. (see previous reply)

tried that but the plate is far wider than the gap between the camshaft housings, even with tilting the unit. My omega is a 96 model and I have found certain differences between what is installed, what the book says and what vectrolys shows in his writeup of the subject.

Also where the oil feed pipes come from the oil filter on my motor they are installed with fork shaped metal washers with packing behind them and are held in with torx bolts not union nuts.

Ive had this car for 8 years with no trouble whatsoever, just routine servicing so I cant complain.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 12 August 2006, 10:45:57 »

Blimey, I have never seen them secured like that before....soudns much easier to remove actualy.

johnny.dee

• essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 13 August 2006, 18:34:02 »

well finally got everything out and cleaned, the oil cooler nuts onto plate was a pig. New parts Monday and re-install everything. Just hope I remember where it all went!. Whats the betting I end up with more bolts than I started with?

johnny.dee

• essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 15 August 2006, 19:06:05 »

The parts didnt turn up Monday as promised, they turned up today. So set to work reinstalling everthing, It has a darn sight easier installing than it was stripping down. Just when I thought it would be finished today sods law kicked in, just the trottle cable and EGR to install and the gasket for the EGR broke. Have to wait till Wednesday to get a new gasket. I'm suprised how easy it all was, not as hard as I ivisaged.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 15 August 2006, 20:09:22 »

Its not a difficult job.

Dont forget the oil change and coolant flush through.

johnny.dee

• essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 16 August 2006, 11:13:04 »

The story is ongoing, phoned 4 Vauxhall dealers and suppliers in Essex and none had an egr gasket. The story I have been told is that the gasket will come from Belgium via post and will be here Friday. As a stop gap I've made up a gasket from thick gasket paper, but dont know how long this will last as the broken one is made from fibre and it the EGR pipe does get very hot.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 18 queries.