Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Engineless GLS progress report!  (Read 939 times)

mijfife

• Intermediate Member
  • Rosyth, Fife. Scotland
  • AAARRRRGGGGGGGGG, IT'S WAS ONLY A GLS!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
Engineless GLS progress report!
« on: 22 September 2006, 20:37:14 »

Well, after all the advice on here, I'm a step closer to resurrecting my engineless Omega! I'm just waiting on the breakers removing my donor power plant and I'll hopefully get it in situ next week. Meanwhile, I've been busy cleaning the interior and with the services of a local valet company, even the seats came up a treat  :)
No doubt I'll be shouting for more advice when I start the fun game of what wire/breather/bolt goes where  :-/  All part of the fun.
One quick question just now. I've noticed that the down pipe has a vacant screw thread just opposite the Lamba sensor but I don't see anything to screw into it. it looks the same size of hole as the Lamba, should it just be blanked off or am I missing something important!!

Cheers Jim
The fleet consists of a Singer Chamois Coupe, an Imp based kit car - BS Nymph, and a Kawasaki GPZ 900R (& a Toyota RAV4 LPG for the work horse!)

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • RS4, BMW X5, Range Rover
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/Markiescarparts/149306545168993
Re: Engineless GLS progress report!
« Reply #1 on: 23 September 2006, 07:48:07 »

not sure on that one - dont know mch on the facelift, but god luk next week.

Any pics of that interior ?im guessing it was manky when you say EVEN the seats came up well  :o
MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount

mijfife

• Intermediate Member
  • Rosyth, Fife. Scotland
  • AAARRRRGGGGGGGGG, IT'S WAS ONLY A GLS!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Engineless GLS progress report!
« Reply #2 on: 23 September 2006, 10:06:54 »

I should have taken a "before" pic, the back seat was pretty manky to say the least  :P I think the car had been a dog kennel at some point in it's life....... My valeter certainly made a big difference to it, I'll try and get some pics taken before I drop the engine in next week.

Cheers Jim
The fleet consists of a Singer Chamois Coupe, an Imp based kit car - BS Nymph, and a Kawasaki GPZ 900R (& a Toyota RAV4 LPG for the work horse!)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 18 queries.