Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Crap Web Hosting Awards...  (Read 1417 times)

Kev

• Omega Knight
  • Glasgow
  • .:The OmegaProject:.
    • View Profile
Crap Web Hosting Awards...
« on: 22 September 2006, 22:11:57 »

My nomination goes to Hosting Unlimited. My pics have been offline twice already this week.  >:(

I'm sure Jamie will agree with me on this.  ;)
OmegaProject.co.uk .:.  Fuelled with passion...
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/xthreezero/omegaproject/oof-sig.jpg[/IMG]

Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Crap Web Hosting Awards...
« Reply #1 on: 23 September 2006, 08:44:25 »

If you are referring to pics here, no he won't! ;)

The forum is hosted on Jaime's server (we were not entirely impressed with HU), so problems are not good!

I suspect the problem lies with your photo host (I know photobucket has had problems recently with their site being hacked).

The Administrator.

Kev

• Omega Knight
  • Glasgow
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23 September 2006, 10:05:32 »

Yep, i've got my photos hosted on my site with HU, explains why half the time they're not there.  ::)

Seriously time to get a new provider me thinks, was checking out DreamHost.com, they seem quite reasonable. Only problem is you don't know till you try.  :-/
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/xthreezero/omegaproject/oof-sig.jpg[/IMG]

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 23 September 2006, 16:28:12 »

There are plenty of hosts out there. HU do not appear to be one of them.  When I pretty much proved to them that the server this site was hosted on was way overloaded, they pulled the plug on us without warning  >:(

At the same time, I had a thread running on their own forums about the problems we were having. As soon as I posted they'd pulled the plug on us, claiming one of our scripts (supplied by HU as part of package) was 'vulnerable', my posts were removed and I was banned.

They ain't cheap, and they ain't good.
Grumpy old man

STMO123

« Reply #4 on: 23 September 2006, 18:43:47 »

Which brings us around to the old questions....... Who is actually forking out for this forum?
...and, when are we all going to be allowed to make our contributions? :question

Kev

• Omega Knight
  • Glasgow
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 23 September 2006, 21:32:16 »

...and, when are we all going to be allowed to make our contributions? :question
I thought some contributions were coming from the cambelt DVD?  ::)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 23 September 2006, 21:43:10 »

Which brings us around to the old questions....... Who is actually forking out for this forum?
Same questions, I suspect the same answers ;)

The current situation, AFAIK, is that costs are being met by one of the Admin team.

We need to rejig stuff soon, moving domain to a different registrar so we can sever all ties with HU. I've got to be honest, although every other domain transfer I've done has gone flawlessly, moving this one scares the hell out of me. I have no faith in Hosting Unlimited.

I suspect the domain transfer will happen shortly, as we haven't been able to transfer due to the domain still being too new.

Hopefully, this will all happen behind the scenes, and nobody will even notice....   .... there are no DNS changes (the DNS is already on servers under my control), so should be no outage...
Grumpy old man

Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 24 September 2006, 08:16:25 »

Contributions have been made thank you very much. :)

All the money from the DVD's and the contributions to petrol for Czechwrecks are going to be used to pay for the hosting with our new host, which as Jaime said, will happen shortly.

Like him, I too am nervous about this transfer...
The Administrator.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 18 queries.