Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Radiator removal  (Read 5749 times)

Boatboy

• Intermediate Member
  • St Albans
    • View Profile
Re: Radiator removal
« Reply #30 on: 19 October 2017, 15:53:12 »

Sod's Law has a Rider - any "5 minute job" will be sure to take at least 2 hours!  :(

Ron.

Now 2 afternoons and counting. I found the leak by jacking the rad up c20mm and running up to temp again. It is seeping around the base of the offside locating spigot, which probably took a knock due to not being properly protected for transit.

Courier due tomorrow to do a swap. Thats saturday afternoon as well then.

There are times a nice base model Focus looks tempting. :-\

Every start's a bonus!
03 2.6 Elite estate. Bose my A***

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 19 October 2017, 16:07:44 »

You cannot be serious;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Ron.

P.S. I've staeted the drain and refill process, after finding the drain tap - hard to see the red when it's covered in Sh....
Lots of dirty water coloured with UV tracer dye cam out, but not much K-Seal - until after several radiator flushes I ran it up to temperature and when the expansion tank overflowed (cap off), there it was!
The battle will continue tomorrow.

powerslinky

« Reply #32 on: 19 October 2017, 19:00:06 »

Sod's Law has a Rider - any "5 minute job" will be sure to take at least 2 hours!  :(

Ron.

Now 2 afternoons and counting. I found the leak by jacking the rad up c20mm and running up to temp again. It is seeping around the base of the offside locating spigot, which probably took a knock due to not being properly protected for transit.

Which is one reason why I am keen to go & collect my replacement ::)

Boatboy

• Intermediate Member
  • St Albans
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 21 October 2017, 16:52:49 »

Ron.

Which is one reason why I am keen to go & collect my replacement ::)

Are you going to the actual factory to collect or does your supplier receive goods by carrier angels with kid gloves? :D
The crack in mine was invisible to the naked eye so take your best specs.

For my sins and Omega/beer money I often spend the evening sat at the sharp end of an artic waiting for hundreds of fragile/handle with care items to be lovingly slung in the back from either a height or distance, somtimes both, so my only surprise is how much stuff actually arrives in one piece.

Replacement arrived yesterday and slotted in today no bother apart from the wind blowing the bonnet down on my head a few times. Same supplier but different manufacturer. Better packaged (though the pegs were still vulnerable) and slightly better looking quality. This one even includes the mounting lug for the atf pipe brace. Now  just need to rummage out suitable bolt and nuts to replac the drilled out top cover fixings and I'm ready for the next challenge. Judging by the amount of wading hanging out the tailpipe it wont be long coming.

Steve
Every start's a bonus!
03 2.6 Elite estate. Bose my A***

powerslinky

« Reply #34 on: 21 October 2017, 19:12:48 »

Answers to your above questions Boatboy . . .  NO   &  NO

As I pass the supplier at least twice a week while working  . . .

It just seems the logical option to me  ::) ::)   . .

It will at least save the further "trauma" of it being slung in the back of a 40 footer (probably more than once) while on it's way to me  . . . 

Specs at the ready though . . . seeing what you have reported  :y

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 18 queries.