Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Decoding head units  (Read 1450 times)

BigCat

• Battersea
    • View Profile
Decoding head units
« on: 27 December 2006, 14:35:46 »

I know this topic has been covered many times, and every reply seems to contradict the previous. I'm selling a CD30 on ebay, which I bought in error (it has the latest >2005 socket), I don't have the code, but I was told by my local Vaux dealer that it was simply a matter of hooking up a tech 2 and decoding it.

I've had an email from someone telling me to bin it

mate if radio has been in a next car and you lost the code bin it. you can not use in next car and if some one has t2 you can not de code it. mate work in vaux you need old car code.

I don't want to mislead any buyers, does anyone have the definitive answer on this?
The first 90% of a job takes 90% of the time, the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Decoding head units
« Reply #1 on: 27 December 2006, 16:28:53 »

If it has been paired to the display, then it needs to be depaired first. I don't believe you can depair it without the screen, but don't know for definate (never tried).  As for the old fashioned radio security code (if it has one), I believe these can be decoded on Internet via serial number - ask one of the decoding websites what they can do....
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 18 queries.