Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ECU's, chips etc.  (Read 1112 times)

05omegav6

ECU's, chips etc.
« on: 05 June 2011, 22:13:57 »

I'm considering swapping my ECU.

As I understand it, the easiest way to do this would be to change the chips in the keys, the immobiliser unit on the ignition barrel and the ECU with the items from one car.

Is it possible to re program an ECU to accept the current codes from my existing keys/transponder? :-/

TIA, Al. :y

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Re: ECU's, chips etc.
« Reply #1 on: 06 June 2011, 10:37:38 »

Should be possible with a Tech2 but I've never tried it. :-/
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

charlie

• sunderland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06 June 2011, 18:04:43 »

Should be possible,if you went down that route,then only the ecu should need changing.I know the ONE around the ingition barrel can only be programed once.

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #3 on: 06 June 2011, 18:28:49 »

Should be possible,if you went down that route,then only the ecu should need changing.I know the ONE around the ingition barrel can only be programed once.

Only if using Tech2 -

If you can access the chips, then a decent eeprom programmer or similar should be able to "clone" any device with the data from your old one.

Reading and writing to the one around the barrel is fairly straightforward, and I would have thought that the main ECU wouldn`t have anything too elaborate in there

Whats the reason for changing the ecu? Stuffed ?  Or could the chips be recovered even and transplanted over ?

:-?
« Last Edit: 06 June 2011, 18:29:19 by Dave_DND »
Radio & Decoding Technician
In Car Audio Service Department
www.dndservices.co.uk

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06 June 2011, 22:46:08 »

Only if using Tech2 -

If you can access the chips, then a decent eeprom programmer or similar should be able to "clone" any device with the data from your old one.

Reading and writing to the one around the barrel is fairly straightforward, and I would have thought that the main ECU wouldn`t have anything too elaborate in there

Whats the reason for changing the ecu? Stuffed ?  Or could the chips be recovered even and transplanted over ?

:-?

Sounds like its a DBW so no chips (54 Plate?)(Flash)(or fish for that matter) remap?, security problems?

Why are you considering swoping ECU's, and or to what ?

Chris.
 :-/

05omegav6

« Reply #5 on: 07 June 2011, 00:37:13 »

Basically the engine has a persistent misfire. Unplugging the ECU for 10 mins generally cures the issue. Once car is up to temp and/or left idling then the misfiring begins which puts on the eml light.  :-/

The pedal trick throws up a general misfire code, along with misfire codes for nearly every cylinder, starting with pot 6. Once the misfiring begins, switching off and back on again stops the misfire until left to idle again. Coil packs and plugs have been changed, injectors swapped around.

All points to an electrical issue, which leaves either the wiring or the ecu. :-/
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 18 queries.