Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Guess who wrote off their car yesterday....  (Read 4613 times)

rhydV6

• Newtown,Powys
    • View Profile
Re: Guess who wrote off their car yesterday....
« Reply #30 on: 24 October 2006, 07:59:35 »

Glad you're ok mate

Tip for the future (depends on space etc..) but if you brake and lock up don't just sit there, either get back on the gas to free up the locked wheels, or get your foot off the brake and steer towards where you'd rather go (e.g not into a wall!)..

Sounds to me as though you paniced and overbraked which is a common mistake to make.

Live and learn!

www.c-vox.com - Wales Regional Coordinator

Jester

• Stafford
    • View Profile
Re: Guess who wrote off their car yesterday....
« Reply #31 on: 24 October 2006, 08:16:47 »

Good to hear you walked away from it...

I had an MR2 (The Mk1 - the proper one ;)) and that caught me out on a bend (wrong camber, greasy road).  Rear end of the car stepped out, I steer into it - even had enough time to tell the g/f that I was 'doing the best I bl**dy can!' before the inevitable happened - I hit a dry bit of road, the tyres gripped and we shot forwards through a hedge.  Would have been fine, but the hedge was merely camoflauge for a concrete post!  ;D

Calmed my driving down for at least, oh, the rest of the day (by which point I realised the car was bent, insurance would write it off - so what the hell - might as well have fun before I say goodbye to it!  ;D)

A crash isn't always a bad thing - and you might as well get it out your system on a Hyundai rather than an MR2!
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 18 queries.