Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: George Osborne Davos  (Read 1825 times)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
George Osborne Davos
« on: 23 January 2019, 09:50:06 »

Nice to see him at Davos.

I wonder how many other hanger ons/ has been/ former MPs other countries have in their entourage. It costs 1/4 million dollars for a chief exec to attend.

Global elite patronising knees up?  I bet they dont tackle Globalisation or inequality, or travel  without their private jets.

The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
Re: George Osborne Davos
« Reply #1 on: 23 January 2019, 18:58:56 »

If he steers clear of three subjects he knows nothing about: Finance, politics & journalism & draws on his practical work experience by folding a few towels or one or two peg it and their details need to be entered on to a death details database, I'm sure he will be of use & make a success of his junket. :-X :-X :-X
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 24 January 2019, 20:18:19 »

Interesting only one reply.

An expensive,planet polluting meeting of the very people that caused the financial crash, currently stoking the next one, and rewarded those that caused it. We , the people, suffered years of austerity but no one spots the irony or has a comment.

Lets have more globalisation  :y
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 24 January 2019, 22:34:22 »

An expensive,planet polluting* meeting of the very people that caused the financial crash, currently stoking the next one, and rewarded those that caused it. We , the people, suffered years of austerity but no one spots the irony or has a comment.

*The plants will thank them for the extra CO2 food.

Nothing wrong with more globalization where it has lifted billions of 3rd world citizens out of poverty & starvation & there is still much growth there still to be had in Asia, Africa & South America, where many things are a fraction of the price compared to 40 years ago, thus increasing the majority of the West's standards of living.

Nothing wrong with globalization if you have an in demand high skills job especially in the creative industries where you will be earning multiples of average wages.

Nothing wrong with globalization with the increased opportunities for global go getters.

Everything wrong with globalization for the unskilled & semiskilled where wages have dropped & opportunities for anything above the minimum wage & conditions have diminished or disappeared since the introduction of the PC in the 1980s and with AI & more globalization this can only get worse. This is where the populist parties, like Trump, make their pitch with simplistic unworkable solutions to complex problems where all the other political parties have abandoned the working class. It shows the importance of planning a career & getting the right skills & qualifications to get ahead.

It is not great for many young where vested interests have restricted the supply of property in most western countries and allowed mass migration to keep the unskilled & semiskilled wages & conditions low. This is especially obvious where youth unemployment is the highest category from 10% in the UK to 40% in Greece and the rest of Europe in between.

If you don't have the rich & the elites then everybody is equally poor apart from the cheating, very corrupt, beyond the law few ruling elites (In Russia 113 people own 85% of the wealth). The rest of them have a fraction of the wealth & average wages compared to Western countries. One thing I have learn't from how poor Ukraine is, is that prices are set globally for most commodities, goods & services, with the exception of property & vested professional services on the basis, why sell it in A if you can get a better price in B.
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 24 January 2019, 23:28:47 »

An expensive,planet polluting meeting of the very people that caused the financial crash, currently stoking the next one, and rewarded those that caused it. We , the people, suffered years of austerity but no one spots the irony or has a comment.

I was going to comment, but was overwhelmed by a wave of apathy.....  ::)

Davos is fairly open and well documented, but what about Bilderberg?  :-\

That's a different kettle of fish eh?  :-X  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 24 January 2019, 23:40:07 »

It may well be well documented but it is really just an opportunity to slap each other on the back and continue peeing on the plebs from a great height. We are where we are because all the parties get into power and do their own thing. Macron is doing it in France, Labour then the Tories have/are doing it in the UK. Carillion may well be the latest great example.

Isppse protesters , if they could overcome apathy, couldnt afford to get there or wouldnt get airtime.

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 25 January 2019, 00:08:41 »

I've been to Davos. Well through it on the train on the way to a cheap package holiday in St Moritz. Does that make me part of the Global Elite?  8)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 25 January 2019, 00:10:17 »

Not if you drive an Omega.  ;D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 25 January 2019, 00:39:58 »

Not if you drive an Omega.  ;D

But it's an Omega Elite

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 25 January 2019, 01:11:42 »

It may well be well documented but it is really just an opportunity to slap each other on the back and continue peeing on the plebs from a great height. We are where we are because all the parties get into power and do their own thing. Macron is doing it in France, Labour then the Tories have/are doing it in the UK. Carillion may well be the latest great example.

Isppse protesters , if they could overcome apathy, couldnt afford to get there or wouldnt get airtime.

Not disputing that Varche and although I say it is well documented, that's the bits they want us to see and know about.  ::)

I bet the media are very carefully controlled looked after.  ;)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 25 January 2019, 17:41:19 »

I'm not gonna quote all of Rods2's reply either, but...

Like it or not, we now live in a Global Society.  Leaving Europe wont solve that little issue, just shaft our chances of competing on an almost level playing field.

Regarding Rod2's comments about who globalisation is bad for, well, the world is desperately overpopulated. and we really do need a mass cull.  The planet cannot really support 8bn humans (I do include knuckle draggers as humans).

When I am the global leader, the cull will come...  :P
Grumpy old man

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 28 January 2019, 02:01:26 »

I'm not gonna quote all of Rods2's reply either, but...

Like it or not, we now live in a Global Society.  Leaving Europe wont solve that little issue, just shaft our chances of competing on an almost level playing field.

Regarding Rod2's comments about who globalisation is bad for, well, the world is desperately overpopulated. and we really do need a mass cull.  The planet cannot really support 8bn humans (I do include knuckle draggers as humans).

When I am the global leader, the cull will come...  :P

I though you tried that, but the big Brackley bang missed the intended targets! ::) ::) ::)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 22 queries.