Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Luxembourg PM  (Read 10734 times)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Luxembourg PM
« Reply #45 on: 17 September 2019, 23:41:39 »

Is it democratic to vote for an MP because he or she is standing on a party manifesto and then for that MP to leave the party and go join a different party and manifesto?

I have always felt there should be a by election in all such cases. I dare say not worth the trouble and cost given you are heading for a GE anyway apparently.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 18 September 2019, 07:29:51 »

No, it was voted on and the result should be adhered to, the GE was not another referendum.

Nobody said it was   ???  But if an MP is voted into office on a set of policies in a manifesto, they should be working to execute those policies in parliament. It's literally what they're there to do. Not to act to implement a decision taken by a previous government, regardless of how much you want them to.

I have always felt there should be a by election in all such cases. I dare say not worth the trouble and cost given you are heading for a GE anyway apparently.

Yes, in principle I agree, there should. They were voted in on the basis that they were going to try and deliver on one manifesto, so to switch it out mid-way through should trigger a need for re-election.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 18 September 2019, 07:37:30 »

I agree Varche a candidate stands on the policies of the party they represent and is voted for on such.If they then jump ship to another party they're no longer representing the policies they were voted in to do,so they should go to a by-election to see if their constituents now want the new policies they stand for.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 18 September 2019, 08:30:16 »

At the last election, both Tories and Labour manifestos said they would honour the referendum result by leaving the EU including the customs union and single market. Seems laughable now, doesn't it.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 18 September 2019, 10:16:10 »

Well... I think we will be worse off if we don’t come out now without a deal, after all this fuss. They’ve got us by the bollo)(.  Out meant out and the whole of parliament had a duty to come together and get us the best deal they could. Remain had been taken off the table.
Laying a rubber road.

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 18 September 2019, 13:44:32 »

I see that Farage has been shouting that Boris was stitched up by the Lux pm,I can see a deal being struck between Boris and Nigel  ::)
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 18 September 2019, 13:57:54 »

I see that Farage has been shouting that Boris was stitched up by the Lux pm,I can see a deal being struck between Boris and Nigel  ::)

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/farage-attacks-pipsqueak-luxembourg-pm-over-boris-humiliation-a4239736.html
“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 18 September 2019, 16:09:47 »

Farage believes it likely that the EU are going to make some adjustment to the backstop, so they and he can declare successful negotiations and try and get Treasonous Mays deal through the commons at the fourth attempt. I suspect he may well be right.
If Boris tries this Farage is going to put up candidates in every seat come the election.
If Boris doesn't try it, Farage is willing to cooperate to  do as much damage to Corbyn as possible in the north and hopefully wreck Labours chances of winning a majority.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 18 September 2019, 16:53:35 »

Why? Boris was clearly stitched up.  ::)

Why hold the press conference right by the gate where rent-a-mob were baying for blood?  ???

Do you really believe that a property like that didn't have a suitable room inside or another outdoor space, garden/terrace etc away from the lynch mob?   ::)

The embarrassing thing if any is that Boris and his team walked into the trap.  ;)
Firstly, he (and thus the country) looks weak for being too childish/spoilt to face it.

Secondly, it was really for TV cameras, who would be plugged in to the lectern mics, and the sound engineers working hard to get what both PMs were saying, not crap going on virtually out of shot.

All politics is a stitch up game, and he aint new to this.
Grumpy old man

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 18 September 2019, 17:16:34 »

No chance, like you can’t hear the shouts when folk are being interviewed at Westminster? Nonsense, and I think it made him look far better than getting into that s#it. No he’s not new to this he dealt with it amicably.
Laying a rubber road.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 18 September 2019, 17:53:57 »

Why hold the press conference right by the gate where rent-a-mob were baying for blood?  ???

Do you really believe that a property like that didn't have a suitable room inside or another outdoor space, garden/terrace etc away from the lynch mob?   ::)

The embarrassing thing if any is that Boris and his team walked into the trap.  ;)
Firstly, he (and thus the country) looks weak for being too childish/spoilt to face it.

Secondly, it was really for TV cameras, who would be plugged in to the lectern mics, and the sound engineers working hard to get what both PMs were saying, not crap going on virtually out of shot.

No you're wrong as usual!  :P  ;D

Boris was right to swerve the press conference as who knows what the puffed up Burgher would have said to the cameras if he was actually stood next to him.  ::)  ;)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 18 September 2019, 18:25:27 »

Boris was right to swerve the press conference as who knows what the puffed up Burgher would have said to the cameras if he was actually stood next to him.  ::)  ;)
So you want to go back to a world where senior politicians don't have to face the media when they are concerned they may get some criticism?  As that is what you are effectively saying.

For that reason, I believe it is you who is wrong ;). As usual :P ;D
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 18 September 2019, 18:26:36 »

No chance, like you can’t hear the shouts when folk are being interviewed at Westminster? Nonsense, and I think it made him look far better than getting into that s#it. No he’s not new to this he dealt with it amicably.
Just about everyone thinks he has come off worse, and is shown to be weak, and thus the UK is weak.
Grumpy old man

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 18 September 2019, 18:46:35 »

So you want to go back to a world where senior politicians don't have to face the media when they are concerned they may get some criticism?  As that is what you are effectively saying.

For that reason, I believe it is you who is wrong ;). As usual :P ;D

Not at all, but holding a press conference bang next to the lynch mob at the gates was just ridiculous and if it had been a noisy anti EU mob they'd have gone round the back to the Rose Garden or inside to the Ballroom pronto!  :)

So for that reason, I believe it is you who is wrong ;). As usual :P ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 18 September 2019, 20:05:24 »

Yet another example of the biased lazy journalism from our media. All doy long our tv screens have been filled with the images of an angry father of a sick child tackling Boris on a hospital visit about the NHS.
The "angry father of a sick child is actually a Labour activist and former staffer to Emily Thornberry.
Was it a setup / stitchup type of scenario ? I don't know, but if Guido Fawkes can indentify him within a few hours, why couldn't the BBC. SKY, ITV, C4 etc ?
https://order-order.com/2019/09/18/boris-heckler-labour-activist/
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 21 queries.