Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: This will be fun 😆  (Read 5305 times)

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
This will be fun 😆
« on: 14 November 2019, 17:40:02 »

Both SWMBO & myself have been caught speeding so we are attending a speed awareness course together, I've done one before must be a good 10 years ago both caught on the same camera I was doing 37MPH & wifey 41MPH .
£90 each but no points bargain 😃😄😆
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Re: This will be fun 😆
« Reply #1 on: 14 November 2019, 17:42:09 »

Naughty and naughty!  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14 November 2019, 17:54:56 »

beat by a girly  ::)
which one of you is doing the driving speeding to the speed awareness course  ;D

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14 November 2019, 18:07:37 »

beat by a girly  ::)
which one of you is doing the driving speeding to the speed awareness course  ;D

Will be me,  wifey is an excellent driver but I don't like being driven unless I'm tired, she was caught in the old Terracan & I was in the Range Rover I spotted the camera at the last moment & braked  42mph & over you don't get the option of the course so she was lucky.
« Last Edit: 14 November 2019, 18:11:15 by Rangie »
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Toledodude1973

• Omega Knight
  • IPSWICH U.K.
  • 2002 2.6 elite,1973 ,Gas van,1974 victor fe
    • 2.6 OMEGA ELITE 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 14 November 2019, 19:12:35 »

nice day out together  ;D
2002 omega slowly morphing into 2003 omega with increasing doner parts fitted

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 14 November 2019, 21:18:39 »

No elderly relatives you can palm the points off on  ;D
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 14 November 2019, 22:32:46 »

Complete waste of time, but it adds to someone's coffers. We all know what we should have been doing, but were caught going faster. But it does surprise me how clueless some of our fellow road users are re speeds & general road markings .... I did one a few months back - 49 IIRC in a 40

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 15 November 2019, 19:13:33 »

Complete waste of time, but it adds to someone's coffers. We all know what we should have been doing, but were caught going faster. But it does surprise me how clueless some of our fellow road users are re speeds & general road markings .... I did one a few months back - 49 IIRC in a 40

Easy targets was it dangerous in my opinion no, just a licence to print money will air my views on the course .

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 15 November 2019, 19:57:03 »

Easy targets was it dangerous in my opinion no, just a licence to print money will air my views on the course .
You're brighter than that ;)

Suck it up and be grateful, there'll be enough dickheads there :y
Onanists always think outside the box.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 15 November 2019, 20:06:10 »

will air my views on the course .

As Al says, just suck it up. There's a chance you'll 'fail' the course if you're too vocal  ;) ;)

STEMO

« Reply #10 on: 15 November 2019, 20:19:04 »

IIRC, you can't go on the course if you've done one in the last three years. My three years was up in April. Not that I'm planning on getting caught speeding, you understand.

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 15 November 2019, 20:19:47 »

I went to the RNAS Yeovilton museum to get a ticket for Air Day. I pitched up about 9AM on the way to work, and on approaching the entrance steps I was ushered into a downstairs room (the shop is upstairs).

To start with I couldn't work out what was going on, and then it dawned on me when they started asking me for my name and driving license. I played along for a while and then let go with a rant about it all being for money, how most of the people in the room were being done for £100 in nonsense speed limits with no-one hurt and it was all just a scam.

I was quite enjoying myself when the staff instructed me to leave and that I had failed the course, and would now be getting 3 points and a fine. When finally told them my name, surprise surprise it wasn't on the list. Their faces were a picture when I told them I wasn't on the course and I'd only come for an air-day ticket :D   

Anyway the only thing I learnt that day was that the museum shop doesn't open till 10AM. ::)

redelitev6

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 15 November 2019, 20:23:13 »

Some idiot on my course told everyone that he could go faster because his van had "Turbo brakes" - he was the t**t who kept us back by arguing the toss with the instructors  >:(  just shut the fek up and go home sooner

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 15 November 2019, 21:38:33 »

Anyway the only thing I learnt that day was that the museum shop doesn't open till 10AM. ::)

;D ;D ;D ;D

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 15 November 2019, 22:58:00 »

I went to the RNAS Yeovilton museum to get a ticket for Air Day. I pitched up about 9AM on the way to work, and on approaching the entrance steps I was ushered into a downstairs room (the shop is upstairs).

To start with I couldn't work out what was going on, and then it dawned on me when they started asking me for my name and driving license. I played along for a while and then let go with a rant about it all being for money, how most of the people in the room were being done for £100 in nonsense speed limits with no-one hurt and it was all just a scam.

I was quite enjoying myself when the staff instructed me to leave and that I had failed the course, and would now be getting 3 points and a fine. When finally told them my name, surprise surprise it wasn't on the list. Their faces were a picture when I told them I wasn't on the course and I'd only come for an air-day ticket :D   

One of the finest anecdotes I have ever heard!  ;D :D
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 21 queries.