Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 2.2 Auto Box Kickdown Problem  (Read 2377 times)

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • 2000 (W Reg.) 2.5 V6 CD
    • View Profile
Re: 2.2 Auto Box Kickdown Problem
« Reply #15 on: 27 October 2014, 18:13:19 »

I'd be inclined to get it on diags, and check engine and gearbox for codes, and check the kickdown switch is working reliably.

Out of interest how would one go about such a task, TB?
Live data

That only available on TechII?
RIP Paul Lovejoy

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 27 October 2014, 18:14:41 »

I'd be inclined to get it on diags, and check engine and gearbox for codes, and check the kickdown switch is working reliably.

Live data

Pretty certain its in the TCM, so anything capable of reading live data in there :y
Grumpy old man

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 27 October 2014, 18:16:34 »

Live data

Pretty certain its in the TCM, so anything capable of reading live data in there :y

May have to get my new Autel on it as that's got TCM reading capabilities  :y
RIP Paul Lovejoy

bigboydal

• Essex
    • Omega 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 28 October 2014, 19:05:18 »

thanks for your replies people. The cam sensor was from a main dealer costing £85. Before this Omega I had the earlier model on a T plate, that one did have a physical kick down switch under the pedal where as this one just has a pedal stopper, its all electronic so that idea's out the window. An earlier post suggests the new clean oil is the problem as the old oil would of had metal filings in making the oil thicker. It all goes through the filter and what isn't caught there would be caught by the sump magnet right?- so not so sure on that one.

bigboydal

• Essex
    • Omega 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 28 October 2014, 19:06:24 »

bigboydal

• Essex
    • Omega 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 28 October 2014, 19:10:07 »

thanks for your replies people. The cam sensor was from a main dealer costing £85. Before this Omega I had the earlier model on a T plate, that one did have a physical kick down switch under the pedal where as this one just has a pedal stopper, its all electronic so that idea's out the window. An earlier post suggests the new clean oil is the problem as the old oil would of had metal filings in making the oil thicker. It all goes through the filter and what isn't caught there would be caught by the sump magnet right?- so not so sure on that one.

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 28 October 2014, 19:14:42 »

As far as I know, ALL auto boxes have a mechanical kick down switch  :-\
That would be my first place to look  :)

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 28 October 2014, 21:25:16 »

Last article on this page...

http://www.ericthecarguy.com/faq/solving-transmission-problems?start=5
RIP Paul Lovejoy

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 28 October 2014, 22:42:02 »

Drive By Wire cars don't have a kickdown switch (that I can find). I believe the engine load signal from the CAN bus is used instead. Would be worth checking both the engine and gearbox ECUs for codes and, failing that, live data, to ensure 100% engine load is being reported at full throttle.

There may be a kickdown flag in the live data on the autobox ECU - I can't remember. It's not triggered by a physical switch that I can see, though.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

05omegav6

« Reply #24 on: 29 October 2014, 02:57:34 »

TPS perhaps :-\ on mine, kickdown seems to be just past what feels like full throttle...

It does lift its skirt up and get a wriggle on cleanly when asked though 8) (I had promised not to say, but a fellow 3.2ist seemed quite impressed all in all... just don't tell Tunnie ;D)

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 29 October 2014, 12:08:48 »

TPS perhaps :-\ on mine, kickdown seems to be just past what feels like full throttle...
It does lift its skirt up and get a wriggle on cleanly when asked though 8) (I had promised not to say, but a fellow 3.2ist seemed quite impressed all in all... just don't tell Tunnie ;D)

Same on my 3.2 auto
Definetly get a firm clunk when pushed to the limit.
Also check that the carpet isn't gettin in the way  ;)
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 21 queries.